Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Is Islam Really Torelant Of Other Religions? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Islam Really Torelant Of Other Religions? (732 Views)

Is Islam Really For Poor People? / Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Islam Really Torelant Of Other Religions? by mike404(m): 8:50pm On Dec 15, 2012
Religious minorities have flourished under Islam.  Muslims are commanded to protect Jews and Christians (the People of the Book) and do them no harm. The Quran says in Sura 109, "To you, your religion.  To me, mine."

THE TRUTH

Religious minorities have not “flourished” under Islam.  In fact, they have dwindled to mere shadows after centuries of persecution and discrimination.  Some were converted from their native religion by brute force, others under the agonizing strain of dhimmitude.

What Muslims call “tolerance,” others correctly identify as institutionalized discrimination.  The consignment of Jews and Christians to dhimmis under Islamic rule means that they are not allowed the same religious rights and freedoms as Muslims.  They cannot share their faith, for example, or build houses of worship without permission. 

Historically, dhimmis have often had to wear distinguishing clothing or cut their hair in a particular manner that indicates their position of inferiority and humiliation.  They do not share the same legal rights as Muslims, and must even pay a poll tax (the jizya).  They are to be killed or have their children taken from them if they cannot satisfy the tax collector’s requirements.

For hundreds of years, the Christian population in occupied Europe had their sons taken away and forcibly converted into Muslim warriors (known as Jannisaries) by the Ottoman Turks.

It is under this burden of discrimination and third-class status that so many religious minorities converted to Islam over the centuries.  Those who didn’t often faced economic and social hardships that persist to this day and are appalling by Western standards of true religious tolerance and pluralism.

JOHN 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
Re: Is Islam Really Torelant Of Other Religions? by Sweetnecta: 11:36pm On Dec 15, 2012
THE TRUTH

Religious minorities have not “flourished” under Islam. In fact, they have dwindled to mere shadows after centuries of persecution and discrimination. Some were converted from their native religion by brute force, others under the agonizing strain of dhimmitude.
Jews reached their zenith under the light of Islam in Spain. it was a christian war on it, that decimated the forward and progress movement. do you ignore the pogrom called inquisition?

What Muslims call “tolerance,” others correctly identify as institutionalized discrimination. The consignment of Jews and Christians to dhimmis under Islamic rule means that they are not allowed the same religious rights and freedoms as Muslims. They cannot share their faith, for example, or build houses of worship without permission.
you need to take this christian mindset of yours to the jews in Israel and see how they like you as a christian. they love you so much that they killed your "leader" and say his mother was a "who.re" for roman soldiers. check the videos on youtube to see how they will love you, mr. goyum. Jews cant help themselves but prefer morocco over israel. america over israel. england over israel. heck, the only place they are not residing is west and east africa.

Historically, dhimmis have often had to wear distinguishing clothing or cut their hair in a particular manner that indicates their position of inferiority and humiliation. They do not share the same legal rights as Muslims, and must even pay a poll tax (the jizya). They are to be killed or have their children taken from them if they cannot satisfy the tax collector’s requirements.
has anyone noticed that the writer has provided no places and time as example of the atrocious acts? here are the facts; muslims in madina made a city charter that included all the citizens instead of the jewish bloodline and religious bases of who lives or dies. jews killed everything after crossing the sea, including man and woman old and sick, children, and sometimes animals and cutting down the crops. they did this and ended up destroying jericho. i know Jesus didnt fight even with swords in hands because of the weak faith of the few around him. but when the people became larger, the mob mentality set in and we have not seen the end of it by evils of conquering people of brown skin and the many infighting. enslaving of people with bible in one hand and guns in another is not exactly an expression of equality for all men and it is not different from the goyim classification the jews put us non jews in. same tigers of differnt locations.

in spain of islam, jews and christians enjoyed freedom and jews held respective posts. they had the same experience in turkey during the reign of othoman. tell me where muslims have high posts in christendom or in jewry. the christians amputated "kunta kinte", a muslim man. i hope you will not deny that. i will try to ignore the 2 world wars and even the nigerian civil war between jack and odumegu, both followers of christ. that what you say christians are. right? yet neither allowed the other to slap him on both cheeks.

For hundreds of years, the Christian population in occupied Europe had their sons taken away and forcibly converted into Muslim warriors (known as Jannisaries) by the Ottoman Turks.
really? tell me how a dwindled community of just few men but plenty of women was able to defeat the muslims, in the many crusades they mounted? start with the first crusade. i can tell you that in the time of Umar [ra], instead of praying in the church as he was offered, he refused because he did not want to start a legacy wherein the whole of the churches might run the risk of being a muslim prayer place. you know what this tells me? it is about living the verse of chapter 109, a you quoted it above. the christians of spain didnt learn from this, instead they made mosques into church when they had the upper hand.

It is under this burden of discrimination and third-class status that so many religious minorities converted to Islam over the centuries. Those who didn’t often faced economic and social hardships that persist to this day and are appalling by Western standards of true religious tolerance and pluralism.
what is western standard? which west and what time period are you talking about? lets start with spain that murdered almost all the muslims or converted them under inquisition. the blood of muslim was cheap in their eyes. the jews didnt fear better. the jews killed all the way to canaan. did i mention that, already because i hate to repeat myself? italy will not allow anyone to name hi child friday. you jews and christians hate the family of Abraham who you call father of your faiths that you will not nae your child the name of his first born, Ishmael. remember God Himself named this man? how appreciative are you of what God loves?

[JOHN 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
so which one is God; One God or Trinity as in 3?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

No One Can Islamize Nigeria- Sultan / Islamic Perspective On The Attitude Of Making Money Before Marriage / Jesus V Muhammad!! | Muslim Response | Misconceptions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.