Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Advice Needed:lecturing Job Or PDP Slot For Fed Work - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice Needed:lecturing Job Or PDP Slot For Fed Work (1225 Views)

Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job / Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? / Recruitment At Www.drmassociatesng.com For Fed Gov Agency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed:lecturing Job Or PDP Slot For Fed Work by Leemak: 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2012
Please house, your advice is highly needed on this proposed decision on either to choose lecturing job or PDP slot for federal work. In spate of unacceptable high rate of unemployment in this country, I applied for lecturer three in one tertiary instistution i finished from through known lecturers in my department and so to say i was highly assured by them for such job.Again I have a father like in my community who through his party PDP got me a slot for federal work.In the first place I have no problem in choosing my heart-desired job(lecturing) but my fellow nairalanders we all know the very bad situation of this country where a Phd Holder will be hustling for a gradute work, not that im doubting the assurance of my known lecturers but the competition for such post is baffling me and you know it is that time that you will start to see fellow applicants from numerous abuja senators.On the other hand, a father like who got me PDP slot(a party which i dont really like) let me know that i will first pay a sum of 20,000 naira and after then i will then complete the remaininig 180,000 naira when i start the work and i was given five days to decide out of which 4 days have gone and he also said that the nature of such federal work is unknown(which may be paramilitary work like civil defense,custom,prison officer of federal civil service) and to me im considering the pressure i may be facing from this political party after the work has been successfully handed to me.......pls my fellow matured nairalanders i need your most intelligent and matured advices.....thanks!
Re: Advice Needed:lecturing Job Or PDP Slot For Fed Work by sexy74(m): 6:44pm On Dec 16, 2012
From your write up you seem to like the Lecturing Job more, but sincerely,the Federal Job ( PDP) is better.
Take the PDP job, and you can still lecture but you will be visiting lecturer.
Re: Advice Needed:lecturing Job Or PDP Slot For Fed Work by harryshevy: 7:44pm On Dec 16, 2012
Bros go for dat PDP since its Federal U re safe believe me it wil be better if u go for para military jobs @ makÉ sure its. Geniue oooÓ
Re: Advice Needed:lecturing Job Or PDP Slot For Fed Work by ritalewisky: 8:29pm On Dec 16, 2012
The federal job is better o b4 u know it u have become a big short and you will have time to invest in your self,if latter you want to cross to ur lecturing job it will be with advance cert.and before u would ve been connected to prominent persons so crossing over will nt be hard. meanwhile in nigeria everything is politics.best luck
Re: Advice Needed:lecturing Job Or PDP Slot For Fed Work by assalaamat(m): 8:46pm On Dec 16, 2012
my brother it would be so foolish of you to wait for the about to be prepared soup,i.e the lecturing job,which you're not sure you will eat from.go for the pdp slot,the alreadily prepared soup of which you've been asked to get a plate to taste from.don't worry pay them whatever they demand,according to the bible,give to caesers what is caesers,afterall paying them is not for the rest of your life,it's just once.so go for it and don't waste time.know that,the salary you get from the job can be used to pursue other academic programmes which would qualify you proper for the lecturing job in future.
Re: Advice Needed:lecturing Job Or PDP Slot For Fed Work by Leemak: 11:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
assalaamat: my brother it would be so foolish of you to wait for the about to be prepared soup,i.e the lecturing job,which you're not sure you will eat from.go for the pdp slot,the alreadily prepared soup of which you've been asked to get a plate to taste from.don't worry pay them whatever they demand,according to the bible,give to caesers what is caesers,afterall paying them is not for the rest of your life,it's just once.so go for it and don't waste time.know that,the salary you get from the job can be used to pursue other academic programmes which would qualify you proper for the lecturing job in future.
Thanks
Re: Advice Needed:lecturing Job Or PDP Slot For Fed Work by Leemak: 11:15pm On Dec 16, 2012
rita lewisky: The federal job is better o b4 u know it u have become a big short and you will have time to invest in your self,if latter you want to cross to ur lecturing job it will be with advance cert.and before u would ve been connected to prominent persons so crossing over will nt be hard. meanwhile in nigeria everything is politics.best luck
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is NITDA Calling For Aptitude Test? / Vacancy For A Director At The Centre For Democracy And Development, Abuja / Vancancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.