Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: (13471 Views)

Apple Is Due To Release "Ios 6" What Are Your Expectations? Lets Share / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by BashToks: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
Bandit C.:
*yawns and picks up my Galaxy Note II with Jelly Bean 4.2 and HTC DNA*.

Thank God for the Android OS because using phones would have otherwise been so boring.

Just look at the crappy list of features the so called Blackberry 10 is coming with.
Bandit C.:

Thank God for the Android OS because using phones would have otherwise been so boring.

Just look at the crappy list of features the so called Blackberry 10 is coming with.
Bandit C.:

Note 2? Droid DNA? Am preety sure the GS1 would still have more functionality than this crap. Why bring grenades to a war you can win with fists..
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by miz4oxley(m): 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2012
If I've got 10 Thumbs, Imma give it all to Blackberry
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2012
see grammer o. cross platform functionality.

can run android apps.... smh. iLaff
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by caukerzee(m): 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
Revolva: BB 10 wow you see I am abig fan of BB yeah pls keep beating apple jare what d heck is -iMessage haha am sure it won't make wave jare-- I beg I go like use BB with dat kindda ios
Big fan that was hiding untill he saw this post he knows nothing about. I dont blame you, i blame the poster for using such a s t u p i d headline. How do you know it beats iOS6? Have you used it before? do you know the cons? I doubt you ve even used an iOS6 powered device you are here saying crap. Why am i suprised sef? You are a BB user. By their fruit you shall know them.
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by ignis: 6:39pm On Dec 17, 2012
Has the blackberry 10 arrive in Nigeria?
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by AKMoney1(m): 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2012
Who says BB isn't the best phone so far? With just a single subscription of BIS I can download for 30 days without limit, chat on any platform without the fear of exhausting data bundle. Can you try that on iphone? And with this new BB10 innovation, the sky is the limit. In fact my fingers are paining me, I wan log out of BBM small abeg grin tongue #TeamBB
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by ciphoenix: 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2012
AK Money: Who says BB isn't the best phone so far? With just a single subscription of BIS I can download for 30 days without limit, chat on any platform without the fear of exhausting data bundle. Can you try that on iphone? And with this new BB10 innovation, the sky is the limit. In fact my fingers are paining me, I wan log out of BBM small abeg grin tongue #TeamBB
and who says a droid can't do That?
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by Pretty002: 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
make una ansa me o!
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by 5much(m): 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2012
Nice stuff from RIM. Can't wait 2 lay my hands on it
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 17, 2012
Pretty002: make una ansa me o!

one na only screen while the other get keypad
Note: its blackberry 10 not blackberry bold 10
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by BashToks: 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2012
AK Money: Who says BB isn't the best phone so far? With just a single subscription of BIS I can download for 30 days without limit, chat on any platform without the fear of exhausting data bundle. Can you try that on iphone? And with this new BB10 innovation, the sky is the limit. In fact my fingers are paining me, I wan log out of BBM small abeg grin tongue #TeamBB
Exactly, let all average people who cant afford ordinary data plans stick to their below average phones. #Team AnythingOtherThanBB

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by caukerzee(m): 7:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
Best phone ECONOMICALLY IN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA. And thats as far as it goes. In developed countries where you have wi fi hotspots at every nuke and cranny, you would be ashamed to carry that black brick you call a phone around. They would just laugh at your level of porverty. Apart from the fact that you pay less for internet on a BB, your brick is pretty much average in the sight of an iOS or andriodOS powered device. Please stop embarassing yourself here.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2012
Yea its a copy and paste article,that's why I provided a link,I didn't do that to mock ios users or droid fans...irrespective of the fact that BIS is cheaper than internet bundles used on Ios +droids,I'm a droid user too,Nairaland is meant 2 educate people and not throw insults @ ppl who see a good article and decide 2 share it here,y'all need to grow up..

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by tavon(m): 8:12pm On Dec 17, 2012
complete b....s

Can you watch live tv from all over the world free of charge on the bb10?
Can you make your phone a remote control for youtube enabled devices or smart tv
can you play 3 dimensional games on bbm10
can you install widgets on bbm10
how many apps does bbm10 have compared to ios6.
Can you play 2 applications on the same screen for example a youtube video and whatsapp at once on the same sceeen.
Can you connect your bb 10 to your playstation

Lets call a spade a spade. BBM cannot compete with ios or android.

I started with a bbm and then moved to apple iphone 4s and finally to samsung galaxy note 2. IF YOU HAVE NOT USED THE 3 of them then you cannot say anything.

The only place where BB is in surplus is Nigeria where the internet connection is poor to support more advanced devices like iphones and android
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by obietrice45(m): 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2012
Nokia is Still d Best..Anytym.Anyday
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by tavon(m): 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2012
obietrice45: Nokia is Still d Best..Anytym.Anyday
Nokias time has come and gone. Yes Nokia is the strongest when it comes to accidental falls and mishaps but they lack creativity.

The Nokia lumia 920 is a very strong phone.you can drop it from a balcony and it wont break. Yes it has the best camera right now compared to iphone and android but how many apps does it have. You cant even jailbreak or root it. Its propriety to windows 8. wack
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by tavon(m): 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2012
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by KazaaUpload: 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2012
caukerzee: iOS users, why waste your breathe sef? Theres simply no argument here. Its obvious the OP just copied this advert of the phone & pasted it here and gave it a sensless topic. The Op has never even used the OS before. How can you copared the two OSs when you dont even know all the cons of the BB10? You call an OS better than another when you havent even laid your hands on it or seen it physically? How about its shortcommings? You cant tell me its a perfect phone. How many of the above listed features even make sense? BB fanboys are trying too hard these days......Abeg next please.

Abi! never so much as touched an iPhone, hasn't even seen a video demo of BB 10 and yet concludes that it is better than iPhone iOS.
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by Psyafe(m): 10:17pm On Dec 17, 2012
mr.drizzy:
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
SIM Mini-SIM
Announced 2011, October
Status Available. Released 2011, December
Body
Dimensions 115 x 67 x 11.3 mm (4.53 x2.64 x 0.44 in)
Weight 155 g (5.47 oz)
Keyboard QWERTY
Display
Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 640 x 480 pixels, 2.8 inches (~286 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
- Optical trackpad
Sound
Alert types Vibration; Polyphonic(64), MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
Memory
Card slot microSD, up to 32GB
Internal 8 GB storage, 768 MB RAM
Data
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
Speed HSDPA 14.4Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band
Bluetooth Yes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
NFC Yes
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0
Camera
Primary 5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Features Geo-tagging, face detection, image stabilization
Video Yes, 720p
Secondary No
Features
OS BlackBerry OS 7.0
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8655 Snapdragon
CPU 1.2 GHz
GPU Adreno 205
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
Browser HTML
Radio No
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
Java No
Colors Black
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP3/eAAC+/Flac/WAV player
- MP4/H.263/H.264 player
- Organizer
- Document viewer
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input
Battery
Standard battery, Li-Ion 1230 mAh
Stand-by Up to 348 h
Talk time Up to 5 h 30 min
the blackberry porsche'

somebody pls tell me whats the big deal bout this fone that made it cost.am curious oh
Not much difference between it and Bold 5, nothing spectacular about it, would prefer Samsung S3 or Iphone 5.
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by luluosas(m): 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
caukerzee: Best phone ECONOMICALLY IN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA. And thats as far as it goes. In developed countries where you have wi fi hotspots at every nuke and cranny, you would be ashamed to carry that black brick you call a phone around. They would just laugh at your level of porverty. Apart from the fact that you pay less for internet on a BB, your brick is pretty much average in the sight of an iOS or andriodOS powered device. Please stop embarassing yourself here.
And why should I be ashamed of using what I choose to use and how is using BlackBerry amounts to poverty? Can you beat me because I chooses to use a Nokia 3310? You should rather be ashamed of yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by hustla(m): 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2012
Is weed now Cheap?
iOS and blackberry? When will we start playing hd games on bb? Skype? Video calls? I Taya

If it isn't iOS ,Android or Windows 8 OS.. Screw it!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2012
If you really in2 smartphones,gadgets,apps and tech reviews feel free to visit these tech blogs,it will enlighten you,Technology isn't static,its always evolving, http://mashable.com
http://www.engadget.com
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by InvertedHammer: 3:16am On Dec 18, 2012
Don't hold your breath, BB11 is on the way...I give it 6 months.

You all will still shout alleluia!

And hand over your hard-earned money to RIMM

I guess to get this one, naija ladies better be ready to throw in rear hole "boinking" with the regular BJ + banging that
comes with older BB.
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by afoo02(m): 9:00am On Dec 18, 2012
Mrkuvuki: Combining the powerful Neutrino OS from QNX, beautiful UI from TAT and industry-leading WebKit browser from Torch Mobile, BlackBerry has created the most advanced mobile platform in the world – BlackBerry 10.  In addition, incorporating an advanced contact management system from Gist and licensing the SwiftKey keyboard has allowed BlackBerry to take its traditional strengths to the next level.  After using the Dev Alpha B (running BB 10) for the past 3 months, I have discovered 10 ways
in which BB10 has surpassed the outdated and stagnant iOS 6.

1) Dynamic Lock Screen

2) BlackBerry Hub – A Powerful Communications Center
Continuing with BlackBerry’s strength in messaging, the Hub allows users to receive and send emails, text messages and messages from Social Networks (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn). In addition, users can post status updates to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn without leaving the Hub. Continuing with BlackBerry’s specialty in saving users’ time, this removes the need to open a Facebook app, a Twitter app and a LinkedIn app when a user wants to update their social networks.

3) Peek and Flow
The Hub is not an ordinary application – it is always running in the background. Thus, no matter which app an user is using, they are always one gesture away from the Hub (and their messages).
4) Advanced Touch Gestures
BlackBerry 10 gets rid of the outdated physical home button on the iPhone 5, and allows uses to use touch gestures to control the OS.

5) Industry-Leading Browser
With a HTML5 Test score of 484, BlackBerry 10 has the fastest browser in the industry (unless you also count the Tizen 2).  In contrast, iOS 6 only has a score of only 386.  In addition, the BB 10 browser is faster than any desktop browser.  For example, its HTML5 Test score of 484 is higher than Chrome Canary’s 453. The QNX Neutrino OS and RIM’s acquisition of Torch Mobile are the reasons behind the industry-leading browser on BB 10.

6) Active Frames
BB10 (unlike iOS 6) supports real multi-tasking. Thus, an user can have 8 open apps at the same time. When minimized, these running apps form a Active Frame, which provides tidbits of useful information. For example, from the Active Frame of the Calendar app, you can see the name and time of your next calendar appointment. Without opening BBM, you can see a contact’s updated profile picture, and their latest status updates.

7) TimeShift Camera
I have heard “wows” from colleagues and friends every time I demonstrate the TimeShift feature on the BB10 camera. The camera has a facial recognition ability, and allows you to move forward and backward in time to avoid blinking eyes or change facial expressions. The most incredible use case is when there are multiple people in the picture. You can put person A at +2 seconds, person B at 0.5 second and person C at -1 second. Thus, you have created the perfect moment that did not actually exist.

cool More Development Languages and Tools
BlackBerry 10 offers 3 ways for developers to develop native apps – C++/Cascades, Webworks (HTML5) and Adobe Air. In addition, developers can port their Android apps to BB 10 using RIM’s Android porting tools. Of course, developers can also use cross-platform tools such as Unity/Union, Marmalade, PhoneGap and Sencha.

This is in contrast to iOS 6, in which there is only one method available to developers – iOS SDK. The lack of a HTML5 SDK means that the many web developers that exist cannot put their skills to use.

BB10′s ability to run Android apps is a significant advantage over iOS.  In fact, from talking to BlackBerry employees in the past, BB10 could run iOS apps too (if iOS was open-sourced).  This also applies to any other OS (e.g. Windows).  Thus, by buying a BB10 device, you are virtually also getting an Android device for free.

9) Support of Open Standards – DLNA, NFC and HDMI—
DLNA has many uses, but it is not supported by the iPhone 5 (or any other iOS device).
BlackBerry adopts open-standards including DLNA, NFC and HDMI, which is convenient and results in cost-savings for consumers. This is in contrast to iOS, which supports none of these three standards.

With the launch of the Bold 9900 in August 2011, BlackBerry was the first major smartphone maker to support NFC. In Canada and the U.S., customers can already use their BlackBerry to make payments via NFC at thousands of locations that display the Contactless symbol. The L-series has a NFC chip, and there are already several NFC sample apps for the Dev Alpha available for developers to use to create NFC apps.

BlackBerry 10, like the PlayBook, has a HDMI output. This makes it easy for the user to display pictures or videos on a large-screen TV. In contrast, a lighting-to-HDMI adaptor is required for the iPhone or iPad, which costs an extra US$39/CAD$45.

Unlike Apple, BlackBerry is part of the http://www.dlna.org/.  This allows you to wirelessly display pictures, play videos and music from your BB10 smartphone on a TV (or any other electronic device with DLNA support).  In order to use a similar feature on the iPhone 5, you would need to buy the Apple TV for $99.

10) BBM – Beyond Instant Messaging

BBM currently has 60 million active users around the world. With the launch of BBM 7 this month, free voice calls over Wi-Fi is now available. BBM Video Chat on BB10 has been confirmed by Thorstein Heins. In addition, a collaboration feature, in which users using BBM Video can share documents and files instantly, has been leaked in pictures and videos. This is particularly useful for meetings.

Furthermore, RIM executives have recently said that BBM Money is “coming soon”, with the interpretation being late 2012 or early 2013. This feature allows BBM users to transfer money, which is convenient for friends who owe each other money, or in-person transactions (made through Kijiji for example).

BBM 6 already had far more functionality than Apple’s iMessage.  With the addition of voice calls, video, collaboration tools and BBM Money, BBM is set to widen the ....
Full article to be found via the link below

http://www.thegadgetmasters.com/2012/12/15/10-reasons-why-blackberry-10-is-better-than-ios-6/
. How much?
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by caukerzee(m): 11:29am On Dec 18, 2012
luluosas:
And why should I be ashamed of using what I choose to use and how is using BlackBerry amounts to poverty? Can you beat me because I chooses to use a Nokia 3310? You should rather be ashamed of yourself!
I said that because of the mentality nigerian BB users have. They think if you dont own a BB, it is because you are poor and cant afford subscrition. When the contrary is the case. BB is just better because of cheap internet and nothing more, which ís not a problem to people like me. But the idiot thinks he is richer because he pays for cheap internet.
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by ABJay1: 12:48pm On Dec 18, 2012
avr247: If a phone is not pinging its not winning, ios should join the nokia league jor

Even Nokia pings...or have you not heard of WhatsApp? grin grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by donchucky21(m): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2012
Ios rocks, use a jailbroken Iphòne and u'll keep shut..
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by tavon(m): 2:43pm On Dec 18, 2012
Infact why would anyone in their right mind buy a phone because of pinging when you have whatsapp which is multiplatform.
The mentality of nigeria amuses me. You have not used other phones and u say blackberry is better.

This is the hierarchy of smartphones.

Blackberry<Nokia<IPhone<Android

Leave nigeria and travel the world u will see that you are in the minority with your blackberry .

You can oppress all your local gals in nigeria with your bb but dont come here and oppress us because we are in a different league.
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by KazaaUpload: 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2012
caukerzee: Best phone ECONOMICALLY IN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA. And thats as far as it goes. In developed countries where you have wi fi hotspots at every nuke and cranny, you would be ashamed to carry that black brick you call a phone around. They would just laugh at your level of porverty. Apart from the fact that you pay less for internet on a BB, your brick is pretty much average in the sight of an iOS or andriodOS powered device. Please stop embarassing yourself here.

As I;ve said before it is cost-smart for Nigeria due to BIS subscription. It is foolish however to suggest that it is BETTER than iPhone or Android etc. Owners of Android or iPhone can argue all day about which is better (I personally love my iPhone) but please dont even let BB enter debate.

I was in the US over the weekend and it took me four days to see a single person using a BB (and that was in church). Unstylish, unfunctionable, unreliable and they can't do much.
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by bigbasho: 11:00pm On Dec 18, 2012
drnoel: I will only comment when the fones start having Pigin-English as one of its contents in the language section.
grin
drnoel: I will only comment when the fones start having Pigin-English as one of its contents in the language section.
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by ibietela2(m): 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2012
Hahahahahahaha B.B users Don suffer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Download Mp3,video To My Phone Using Operamini Mod 2.06 / Download These Apps And Your Video, Radio And Live Streaming Needs Are Over.. / How To Keep Your Phone From Taking Over Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.