Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,913 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Meeting Someone Online - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Meeting Someone Online (626 Views)

Meeting A Lagos Based Female Nairalander / Open Letter To My Future Boyfriend!!! Looking Forward To Meeting You Here!!! / New And Hot Nigerian Sex Meeting Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meeting Someone Online by rjimid(m): 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2008
OK, so I am not from Nigeria. But, I want to meet someone from there. I have heard of a lot of scams coming out of Nigeria. How can I positively identify someone. I have a girl that I have been chatting with for the past 9 months, and need to know she is real. She wants to leave Nigeria and move closer to me, but I need to be sure that she is who she says she is before it is too late to turn back. Suggestions
Re: Meeting Someone Online by fataiiyo(m): 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2008
The only way i can assist u on this issue is that if i knw where the girl resides here in nigeria , if possible she lives close to me, i can help you.
stay bless, u can reach me on temmy62207481@yahoo.com
Re: Meeting Someone Online by almondjoy(f): 5:38am On Feb 18, 2008
Yes! It might be a scam alright.

But nothing wrong with cyber dating at all.  This topic has been dealt with numerous times on Nairaland.  Like you would do with any other relationship chat for about a year before you plan to visit.  You may proceed to exhanging numbers if you feel comfortable.  YIMS are good, for you can discover a lot especially psychologically as to how the person reasons and solves problems just by exchanging messages.  Find out the background of the person.  If they lied, you will eventually find out as you keep chatting--for liars are never that good to keep their stories straight all the time.  Save the sex for last--since it is usually the first thing to go down the tubes if your are in such a hurry to do just that.

By 6 months you may have discovered all you need to know about this person--even without the person volunteering all information knowing what kind of data you have been collecting--that is if you are a good psychological profiler like me cool and the next 6 months is the verification process with photographs and all that kind of stuff.  Save the romance and physical stuff for last.  When you eventually meet, take time out to find out if all he or she said matches all you have been discussing to the "T". Maintain the friendship first.  If you start getting vibes----just cut them lose or keep it at just that--cyber dates! You have to take your time, no rush at all.

Now I do not recommend long courtship for real life events.  Max of 6 months with dating in real life contexts.  But with cyber datin', you have to spend more time since events are being played in "slow-mo" and things may be a little "photo-shopped" a wee bit!

Bottom line, no biggie.  Use caution and common sense.  Do not get carried away by the romance of it all.  Get to know the person some more first before planning to meerr 'em.

Goodluck! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Are You Btw 35-45yrs Woman?then U R Eligible. / Introducing You To Naija Players Forum / Am Looking For A Girlfriend For Real Courtship Into Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.