Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year (23317 Views)

Jonathan Declares 3-Days Of National-Mourning For Mandela / Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra / Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by 1800bc(f): 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2012
The Nigerian government declared the Christmas and New Year days, public holidays.
The Federal Government has declared Tuesday, December 25, and Wednesday, December 26, as public holidays to commemorate the Christmas and Boxing Day celebrations.
This is contained in a statement signed by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Interior, Anasthesia Nwaobia, on Monday, in Abuja.
Similarly, the statement said that Tuesday, January 1, 2013 has also been declared as public holiday to mark the New Year.
It stated that the Minister of Interior, Abba Moro, declared the holidays on behalf of the Federal Government.
Mr. Moro enjoined all Nigerians irrespective of their religious beliefs to imbibe and emulate the spirit of the season, which is love, joy, peace, justice and kindness.
He urged Nigerians to continue to promote the unity of the country in its progressive march towards nationhood.
The minister also wished all Nigerians a blissful and peaceful celebration.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/111522-nigeria-declares-3-day-public-holidays-to-mark-christmas-new-year.html

1 Like

Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by Emusan(m): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2012
Why they did not add Monday, for Yakowa and others

So that the whole week will be holiday, OBJ i miss you gringringrin

20 Likes

Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by mcnepow(m): 4:23pm On Dec 17, 2012
Emusan: Why they did not add Monday, for Yakowa and others

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by malele(m): 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2012

lololllllllllllll grin

1 Like

Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by specialguest(f): 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
The holiday should have been from 24th december to 2nd january. Nigerians need a break! The masses work like donkey"s (365 days a year) without any holiday while the elites jet out at any slight headache/stomach upset to rest with money they never worked for. Lord have mercy

12 Likes

Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by Prodigee: 12:34am On Dec 18, 2012
Good
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by Prodigee: 12:38am On Dec 18, 2012

Becoz everyday no be christmas!

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by Aizebioje(m): 12:41am On Dec 18, 2012
And we are supposed to rejoice @ this news because
It's only natural that they'd do such.mtcheww, when most people don by themselves take holiday!!!
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by pboiskinpy(m): 1:04am On Dec 18, 2012
Aizebioje: And we are supposed to rejoice @ this news because
It's only natural that they'd do such.mtcheww, when most people don by themselves take holiday!!!
grin grin...sure bro
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by Sirmee(m): 1:08am On Dec 18, 2012
d holiday is tu short for salary earners n tu long 4 real business men n entrepreneurs.

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by pekelepekele(m): 1:22am On Dec 18, 2012
and ow is this news? As if this time it will be a 1 week Holiday

1 Like

Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by Nobody: 1:47am On Dec 18, 2012
can't wait 2 see her tongue

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by Nobody: 1:47am On Dec 18, 2012
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by leeland(m): 1:59am On Dec 18, 2012
No dey sud avnt given public on 25th dec and 1st.D whole world knows dat dos days are holiday,so no news op.
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by nannyo(f): 2:05am On Dec 18, 2012
See me seriously reading hoping there was indeed holiday, never new there was none. embarassed

1 Like

Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by zoomzu(f): 2:14am On Dec 18, 2012
GEJ want everybody back to their bases so that his New Year joker won't caught people up in the village...

1 Like

Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by Freeopod(m): 2:31am On Dec 18, 2012
Subsidy ish ryt?
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by gentleoyink: 2:37am On Dec 18, 2012
don't be a fool

uihebom: i think sey them sey jonathan go university.its like he doesn't know what to say to the masses, b4 nko, 25th and 1st no be public holiday? even a 1year old know that 25th and 1st are holidays.dis guy wicked throughout the year, and he wan still dey wicked for jesus birthday.no think sey your brother don replace una,cos God know sey all of una for that aso rock do ojoro. Patience for don delete,she run go abroad,una come replace am with chairman wey no follow dey chop money. 2015 nova dey reach.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by Nobody: 2:52am On Dec 18, 2012
Fuucked up country where group of motherfuuucas wakes up in the morning and do whatever they want.
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by atuboweke(m): 4:43am On Dec 18, 2012
I can bet my girl friend, if GEJ has done otherwise as in added more days to the 3days u guys will still critize him. That's y he said 'he is the most critize presdo worldwide'

1 Like

Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by sublimes: 4:57am On Dec 18, 2012
[color=#000099][/coltor]The whole thing would have been OK if he had declared monday the 24th of Dec public holiday also. As it is, it doesn't make sense a bit.
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by RickyRoss1(m): 5:14am On Dec 18, 2012
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by cbjonstage(m): 5:19am On Dec 18, 2012
this is no news for me mr retaaarded leader....i tink sey na five days holiday make i enjoy extra leave of 3wks as contract staff when they r not ready to employ us as permanent staff
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by fittty(m): 5:49am On Dec 18, 2012
Is this suposed to be news? undecided *smdh*
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by Exponental(m): 5:56am On Dec 18, 2012
Before nko?...... Even d muslim leaders acknowledged it.
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by temkemol: 6:04am On Dec 18, 2012
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by Sijo01(f): 6:09am On Dec 18, 2012
Hope uncle jona will not wish us happy new year with another subsidy news?
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by markus1133: 6:09am On Dec 18, 2012
as normal ..
Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by taharqa: 6:11am On Dec 18, 2012
uihebom: i think sey them sey jonathan go university.its like he doesn't know what to say to the masses, b4 nko, 25th and 1st no be public holiday? even a 1year old know that 25th and 1st are holidays.dis guy wicked throughout the year, and he wan still dey wicked for jesus birthday.no think sey your brother don replace una,cos God know sey all of una for that aso rock do ojoro. Patience for don delete,she run go abroad,una come replace am with chairman wey no follow dey chop money. 2015 nova dey reach.

Plz how Old are you?

1 Like

Re: FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year by treasuremi1(m): 6:36am On Dec 18, 2012
i hope d president doesnt giv us a new year package

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri / Kogi PDP Rejects Dino Melaye. Says He Will Be A Liability Not An Asset To Them / Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.