Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

How Did You Respond On The First Day You Met Your Step Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Respond On The First Day You Met Your Step Mother (1218 Views)

You Met Your Wife Sister Like This, What Will You Do? / 14 Year Old Boy Jailed For Killing Step Mother's Chicken / If Your Kid Scratched Your Car: How Will You Respond? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Respond On The First Day You Met Your Step Mother by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 17, 2012
Just lost ma mum recently. And the old man wanna take up another wife as a result of his nature of work. Dont just know how to react about it.

But for those of you that have met theirs' how did you feel and how have you been coping with her. Share your experience.
Re: How Did You Respond On The First Day You Met Your Step Mother by Callotti: 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
If you are just meeting your step-mom for the first time. . . something is wrong.
Most normal men will gradually introduce another woman into their child's life to make for some form of transition.
No one can take the place of your darling mom of course. . . but life must go on.
It is half your job to ensure that your father is happy with his new wife. Make her love you. . .so your father can have peace! kiss

Just as it is HER responsibility to make you comfortable. . . .
YOU ARE A TEAM NOW. . . .no one loses but you all if you fail.
Work together and SHAME THE WORLD.
Remember your mom too.
YOUR LIFE MUST GO ON. . . MAKE IT A HAPPY ONE.
All the best. kiss

My experience. . . My father and mother HAD loved ones after they divorced. I STILL KEEP IN TOUCH WITH SOME OF THEM IN NIGERIA AND OUT OF NIGERIA. cool In fact one just called me 'my daughter'. . . .his daughter was married briefly to one of my brothers in this AMERICA!. . . Story for another day! grin

Funny thing. . . THEY ALL SPOILED US ROTTEN. THEY WERE ALL NICE!!!!
I can't think of any mean woman in my father's life or any mean man in my mother's life. REASON? THE CHILDREN ALWAYS CAME FIRST!THEY ALWAYS PICKED THE RIGHT PARTNERS. . . and protected us from all their 'runs' LIKE ALL DECENT, LOVING PARENTS SHOULD!!! cool

That my father's longtime much younger girlfriend lived with us for a looooooooooooong time. . .THE WOMAN WAS TOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOD! kiss An Urhobo woman. We often played with her much younger siblings(her father had young children from another woman) who also slept in our house sometimes. SHE TREATED THEM LIKE HER DAUGHTERS. This woman wasssss FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!HEY! cry She always sang to us! COME CHECK OUT HER VOICE! she dey DANCE! SHE DEY PLAY. Took us out. . . .COOKED SHEGEEEEEY!!!! cry REAL MARY POPPINS! smiley WE ALL LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED HER! We could not wait to see her when she went away for one reason or another. SHE NOR DEY SHOUT!

Looking back. . . If nor be say the woman dey knack seriooooooooooooous URHOBO. I will swear she was not a Nigerian! undecidedI have never seen a woman who loved A MAN'S 4 CHILDREN LIKE HER OWN! FOR 5 YEARS. . .SHE WAITED FOR MY DAD to marry her. cry

After my father failed to meet her ultimatum. . . she married someone else and we never saw her again. My father was heart-broken. His children cost him his happiness! Sad. Because he VOWED NEVER TO GER RE-MARRIED TILL HE DIED. . . because of his children! cry

Please. . . life is too short o. . . .live your life and try to be a unification factor. kiss

When life becomes a lemon. . . make a lemonade. . . not a bitter lemon! kiss
Re: How Did You Respond On The First Day You Met Your Step Mother by Callotti: 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2012
Then coming to my mom! Mu he he he he

We go London for holidays one summer like that. . . HER 'man' decided to give us his house to stay in. Only problem. . . his wife was staying there too. So my mom decided to send us to our uncle's house then. . .I was in Year 2 in the UNIVERSITY I think. We were independent street-smart kids.

The wife had like 4 for or five kids. . . ALL BEAUTIFUL. cool

Anyhoo. . . the man says it was okay. We should go and meet the wife there. . . HE GAVE US HIS BLESSINGS. He told us that if the woman tries any rubbish. . .we should report to him! shocked

So we proceeded o! My and my darling sister! grin
When we got to Golders Green. . . my mom had already cooked all kinds of soups and had them frozen so we will not eat the woman's food o! grin

When we reach for dia. . . the woman open door begin dey shout! grin She cuss us soooooooooooootey. . . like well-behaved children we did not say a word. We were just looking at her. Then she begin cuss her husband! Then she begin cuss awa mama!

Thanks to good home training. We did not say a word. We did not even look at her face out of respect. . .we both kept looking at the floor. Then when she discovered we were not saying anything. . . she stopped talking and started crying.

We reached out and hugged her to her SHOCK AND SURPRISE. Then we told her we did not need to come and cause any trouble. . . that we were leaving. SHE JUMPED OUT OF HER CHAIR AND TOLD US NOT TO GO.

Na so we siddon for that house for 2 good weeks! SHE ATE ALL OUR FOOD!!! Then we started cooking for her. That was how we met her children and attended 2 of her children's wedding in Nigeria! kiss

This poor woman told us her life's story and how she had been through hell and back with this husband of hers. 2 of her children had sickle-cell disease and I think she had lost 2 or 3. When we got home. . . the man asked us how it went. WE DID NOT SAY A WORD TO THEM. We just smiled! After getting to know this woman. . . I was not gonna gossip about her to either her husband or my mom. . . every barry h-ansah im papa name o!kiss

I visited the woman like 2 or 3 times. . . then her husband died! OUCH! cry Very nice man.

LIFE'S LESSONS. . . .PLAY WELL YOUR PART AND LEAVE THE REST! YOU MEET PEOPLE. . .BUT YOU DON'T KNOW WHY!

I HAVE LEARNED TO ALWAYS SEE THE GOOD IN PEOPLE. . . IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT. . . DIG IT OUT! IT IS HIDING SOMEWHERE OR SOMETHING LIKE A BAD EXPERIENCE HAS COVERED IT! kiss
Re: How Did You Respond On The First Day You Met Your Step Mother by slimyem: 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2012
Your response should/would depend on how well your dad had gotten you familiar with the idea of her before the meet but i really don't think you should be unsettled about it.
Just be yourself and relax.Discard any pre-concieved ideas or stereotypes about step-mothers off your head and give her a chance in your life and home.
There are great women out here..women who are wonderful step-mums and human beings in every way!
I truly hope yours will be one of them.smiley
I have never seen a woman
who loved A MAN'S 4 CHILDREN LIKE HER
OWN!
....plus one..My step-mum!
Amazing woman!!!
Re: How Did You Respond On The First Day You Met Your Step Mother by Callotti: 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2012
slimyem: Your response should/would depend on how well your dad had gotten you familiar with the idea of her before the meet but i really don't think you should be unsettled about it.
Just be yourself and relax.Discard any pre-concieved ideas or stereotypes about step-mothers off your head and give her a chance in your life and home.
There are great women out here..women who are wonderful step-mums and human beings in every way!
I truly hope yours will be one of them.smiley ....plus one..My step-mum!
Amazing woman!!!

Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeesome!!!! cool

Life is only stressfull IF AND ONLY IF YOU WANT IT TO BE STRESSFULL!
Make it sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! cool

I miss that my step mom that never was!
Once we hear her voice for gate. . . all of us will summersault from our bunk beds and dive out of the house to go and meet her. When she is leaving. . .she will sneak out when we are still sleeping! cry

Nothing like when you show a child love! He or she will NEVER FORGET YOU. Yours or not!
I MUST LOOK FOR THAT WOMAN! Even if I die trying! kiss

This topic made me remember her! I need to discuss this with my siblings this Xmas when we get together. I want to meet ALL HER CHILDREN AND PROLLY GRAND-KIDS TOO! This was over 30 years ago!

How time flies with good memories! cool

It is the season to be jolly jare. . . THE GIFT WRAPPING CONTINUES!

Praise ma AGNOSTIC GAAAAAAAD FOR A STRESS-FREE LIFE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=647hE6n4Wzg
Re: How Did You Respond On The First Day You Met Your Step Mother by Callotti: 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2012
Only one problem. . . Nigeria don spoil finish.
We have less caring people as parents these days. . . MOSTLY MECENARIES!

Thank my AGNOSTIC GAAWD. . . that cup has passed me by! I would sure hate to have a step-mother in this day and age when Nigeria is full of selfishness and WICKEDNESS!

Goodluck OP. . . JUST DO YA PART AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE! kiss
Re: How Did You Respond On The First Day You Met Your Step Mother by baby124: 6:34pm On Dec 17, 2012
Callotti: Then coming to my mom! Mu he he he he

We go London for holidays one summer like that. . . HER 'man' decided to give us his house to stay in. Only problem. . . his wife was staying there too. So my mom decided to send us to our uncle's house then. . .I was in Year 2 in the UNIVERSITY I think. We were independent street-smart kids.

The wife had like 4 for or five kids. . . ALL BEAUTIFUL. cool

Anyhoo. . . the man says it was okay. We should go and meet the wife there. . . HE GAVE US HIS BLESSINGS. He told us that if the woman tries any rubbish. . .we should report to him! shocked

So we proceeded o! My and my darling sister! grin
When we got to Golders Green. . . my mom had already cooked all kinds of soups and had them frozen so we will not eat the woman's food o! grin

When we reach for dia. . . the woman open door begin dey shout! grin She cuss us soooooooooooootey. . . like well-behaved children we did not say a word. We were just looking at her. Then she begin cuss her husband! Then she begin cuss awa mama!

Thanks to good home training. We did not say a word. We did not even look at her face out of respect. . .we both kept looking at the floor. Then when she discovered we were not saying anything. . . she stopped talking and started crying.

We reached out and hugged her to her SHOCK AND SURPRISE. Then we told her we did not need to come and cause any trouble. . . that we were leaving. SHE JUMPED OUT OF HER CHAIR AND TOLD US NOT TO GO.

Na so we siddon for that house for 2 good weeks! SHE ATE ALL OUR FOOD!!! Then we started cooking for her. That was how we met her children and attended 2 of her children's wedding in Nigeria! kiss

This poor woman told us her life's story and how she had been through hell and back with this husband of hers. 2 of her children had sickle-cell disease and I think she had lost 2 or 3. When we got home. . . the man asked us how it went. WE DID NOT SAY A WORD TO THEM. We just smiled! After getting to know this woman. . . I was not gonna gossip about her to either her husband or my mom. . . every barry h-ansah im papa name o!kiss

I visited the woman like 2 or 3 times. . . then her husband died! OUCH! cry Very nice man.

LIFE'S LESSONS. . . .PLAY WELL YOUR PART AND LEAVE THE REST! YOU MEET PEOPLE. . .BUT YOU DON'T KNOW WHY!

I HAVE LEARNED TO ALWAYS SEE THE GOOD IN PEOPLE. . . IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT. . . DIG IT OUT! IT IS HIDING SOMEWHERE OR SOMETHING LIKE A BAD EXPERIENCE HAS COVERED IT! kiss

Wow, so evil. I feel bad for the wife. Wouldn't be surprised if the dog was poisoned. The way some human beings treat others. That woman's tears...hmm
Re: How Did You Respond On The First Day You Met Your Step Mother by Callotti: 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2012
baby_123:

Wow, so evil. I feel bad for the wife. Wouldn't be surprised if the dog was poisoned. The way some human beings treat others. That woman's tears...hmm

Abeg nor cuss my darling uncle o! cool
The man was a goooooooooood man!
He treated us well! cool
Love is not by force! No, he was not poisoned! Like MOST NIGERIAN MEN. . . You die of LACK OF ADEQUATE MEDICAL CARE!
He was a brittle diabetic! Simple! His wife was a nice woman too!

Life is full of challenges. . . sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.
The woman chose to make herself miserable by allowing him to get to her.
With all those her beautiful children, I wonder where she had the time to look in his direction.
Nigerian man MUST waka! You just have to develop thick skin!
Whether you like it or not, a time comes in marriage when you are just friends. . . NOT LOVERS! Your interests will remain OUT OF THE HOUSE MORE THAN INSIDE THE HOUSE. . . Just the reality of life. It does not mean you are hateful or out of love with your spouse. JUST BORED! A little distraction makes the monotony more tolerable. I have come to understand that PERFECTLY!

No stress abeg!
Shikena! cool

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Watch Desperate Housewives Movies Free? / Hit Your Woman And Go To Jail - New Domestic Violence Law In Lagos State / Miracle Baby Born On 11.12.13 At 14:15 [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.