Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Teen With Untreatable Form Of Cancer Writes Song To Say Goodbye - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Teen With Untreatable Form Of Cancer Writes Song To Say Goodbye (787 Views)

Brave Woman Battling Terminal Cancer Writes Incredible And Heartbreaking Letter / New Untreatable Virus Decleared! / New Form Of HIV Turns Into AIDS Before Victims Realise They Are Infected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teen With Untreatable Form Of Cancer Writes Song To Say Goodbye by slimderek(m): 8:12am On Dec 18, 2012
A teenager suffering from an untreatable form of cancer is now saying goodbye – through song.
After learning he just had months – or maybe a year – to live, 17-year-old Zach Sobiech of Lakeland, Minn., created a song titled “Clouds,” to say goodbye to friends and family, KSL TV reported.
He posted his song on YouTube, which has had close to 400,000 views. It’s also available to download on iTunes.
A teenager suffering from an untreatable form of cancer is now saying goodbye – through song.
After learning he just had months – or maybe a year – to live, 17-year-old Zach Sobiech of Lakeland, Minn., created a song titled “Clouds,” to say goodbye to friends and family, KSL TV reported.
He posted his song on YouTube, which has had close to 400,000 views. It’s also available to download on iTunes.
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDC97j6lfyc&feature=player_embedded[/flash/
]

An avid musician who loves playing guitar, Zach sings in the chorus, “And we’ll go up, up, up, but I’ll fly a little higher. We’ll go up in the clouds, because the view is a littler nicer. Up here, my dear. It won’t be long now; it won’t be long now.”
Zach was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in 2009. A rare, cancerous bone tumor, osteosarcoma affects just 800 people each year in the U.S., with the average age of diagnosis usually around 15 years old. Since learning of his cancer, Zach has gone through months of chemo, a major hip replacement, various minor surgeries and four thoracotomies (lung surgeries).
Doctors recently told Zach the cancer had spread to his pelvis and lungs – and they had run out of options for treatment.
According to the description on YouTube, all proceeds from “Clouds” will go to support the Zach Sobiech Osteosarcoma Fund, which was started by Zach’s parents to help raise money for cancer research, “in hopes that kids diagnosed tomorrow will have a better chance for a cure.”
http://www.slipost.com/teen-with-untreatable-form-of-cancer-writes-song-to-say-goodbye/
Re: Teen With Untreatable Form Of Cancer Writes Song To Say Goodbye by pikinmama: 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2012
has he accepted to die of that ailment? if no, just that i dnt have the medium to reach him, i would ve let him understand that sickness does not kill but the fear of doctor's negetive report that kill, that he will live if he is determine to live. by holding n to God and always make a positive confession to himself.and avoid some kind of food that energize the cells that enpowers the deceaese.
SEE DIS PRAYER POINT
i shall not die but live to declare the works of God. Amen
Re: Teen With Untreatable Form Of Cancer Writes Song To Say Goodbye by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 19, 2012
Following so I can watch it later.

How sad.
Re: Teen With Untreatable Form Of Cancer Writes Song To Say Goodbye by turepadams: 8:20am On Dec 19, 2012
So sad, its a pathetic world, God forgive us our sins. I'm almost crying for the boy.
Re: Teen With Untreatable Form Of Cancer Writes Song To Say Goodbye by slimderek(m): 5:39am On Oct 09, 2019
Update:
He died in 2013,
He was 18

(1) (Reply)

I Sell Bitter Cola With Ginger / Causes Of Leg Pain / 5 Things You Can Do To Maintain Your Sex Drive As You Get Older

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.