Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

What Landed You In Nairaland? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Landed You In Nairaland? (676 Views)

The Flying "Wizard" Who Crash-landed At Kasoa. / How To Post A Topic In Nairaland / Highest Number Of Posts In Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Landed You In Nairaland? by sasview: 7:36am On Dec 19, 2012
Different reasons take different people to a destination,I want us to share what brought us to NL, as per me, I landed here in my quest for searching for job after schooling, I passed by as a guest several times before I finally created account. now, I enjoy this forum and I visit NL everyday.how do you get here? are you referred by someone or you gate crash and how often you visit now?
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by aljharem(m): 7:40am On Dec 19, 2012
I landed here when it was first created when searching for Nigeria news but the actual reason why I finally joined NL was because of tribalistic Igbos on this site. Although now, I have a new prospective of NL and how a gentleman is meant to behave even on an anonymous website such as this.
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by outrage: 7:52am On Dec 19, 2012
A friend refered me some years ago.. Haha! Now that I think of it, its funny. Was at a cafe (that time na cafe things) this chic was sat next to me, so trusting guy naw, I wanted to start convo. So I was llike what are you doing, she said she's on nairaland, and that's how she introduced me.
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by azpekuliar: 8:13am On Dec 19, 2012
Google Search engine, while researching an assignment as an under-graduate some 6 years back.
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by Akshow: 8:29am On Dec 19, 2012
was obsessed wit prison break then so i wanna know everythin about Scofield. I Google search his name and sure enough aside his Google profile, there was the amebocious Nairaland poppin out wit the loud topic wenthworth (Scofield) is gay. To follow my amebo intuition and get the full gist, i had to click on that and that was my first time on Nairaland. I was a guest for several years before some Tribalistic bigots force me to join. But now, i Nairaland is in my blood. Can't spend a day without loggin in
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 19, 2012
I saw 'naira' and thought i could meet some very rich guys to date.... But....

1 Like

Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by Paulipopor: 8:49am On Dec 19, 2012
nne3870: I saw 'naira' and thought i could meet some very rich guys to date.... But....
hehehe...we dey here naw..-just that we're few!!!
@ topic...seun told me abt it when we meet several years ago(2003 precisely) since then i've frequent here almost like everyday, signed up not too long ago though
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:57am On Dec 19, 2012
Naira landed me on nairaland as well..
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by Igwe9(m): 9:58am On Dec 19, 2012
was researching on car prices in Nigeria but the damn username had been banned smiley
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by nifemi01(m): 11:51am On Dec 19, 2012
outrage: A friend refered me some years ago.. Haha! Now that I think of it, its funny. Was at a cafe (that time na cafe things) this chic was sat next to me, so trusting guy naw, I wanted to start convo. So I was llike what are you doing, she said she's on nairaland, and that's how she introduced me.
hope u got more than nairaland out of the chic?
To d topic, i came across nairaland when surfing d Net, well one thing lead to another and now am a registered member.
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by slimming: 11:51am On Dec 19, 2012
search engine.
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by tawa89(f): 12:22pm On Dec 19, 2012
Sarutobie introduced me to nairaland I have introduced 5 of my friends since then
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by aademi(f): 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2012
I was browsing and the name "Nairaland" was always popping up, I signed up, not active though
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 19, 2012
I hit NL around 2005/2006 when I was desperately searching for job after my 2nd degree, I registered but soon found out that my ID was too explicit when I started coming to the politics section(that was after I had gotten a job), then I changed my ID to what it is today!
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by Mization(m): 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2012
My quest for more knowledge landed me here And sincerely I've enjoyed every bit of my stay here smiley.
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by achi4u(m): 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
each time i google anything"nigeria"the thing will carry me land at Nairaland,now i've introduce so many ppl to this site.
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by advocate666: 1:42pm On Dec 19, 2012
I was serching for egusi soup recipe on google and nairaland popped up.
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2012
Been long...can't easily recollect how I got here.
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by nku5: 2:07pm On Dec 19, 2012
I was debating on some nigerian history with a friend and decided to google a question. Nairaland showed in the results and I stumbled on threads where yoruba bigots were bashing my people. I quickly registered to respond and the rest is history. Very addictive site I must say.

1 Like

Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by Tolexander: 3:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
thank u my brother, when somebody told me about nairaland, thought it is a nigerian central bank where the naira is minted and cultivated. Curious to see and be part of the naira cultivation but unfortunately, na new biafra war or make i call am ebiafra war i see o.
Re: What Landed You In Nairaland? by cjrane: 7:48pm On Dec 19, 2012
Ah!
I just opened google one nice breezy day to read about Naija wahala. Wow! i saw serious anti-Igbo tribalism of the worst order! I think it was from one aigbofa.
I said aaah!, i am Delta Ibo but this one concerns me o! Which kain dirty tok be that? So i joined the site to dialogue with my yoruba people to calm down for the Heeboe people! If my beg no work,then i fire back grin grin grin . When i fire, Mukina go vex immediately, and ban me sharp-sharp for daring to fire yoruba back. The ban go sweet me well -well becos now i know say my fire dey vex them too,just as their fire against heeboes dey vex me sometimes. grin grin grin

Since then na fire for fire we dey o, my brother. grin grin grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Random Quotes From Napoleon Hill's Think And Grow Rich / ATTENTION Uspry1(f) / 18+ Only-protesters Pose For Pope Against Abortion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.