Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,705 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

The Christian And Music - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian And Music (1768 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating / I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 7:57am On Dec 19, 2012
Serving God should be one of the priority of humans.But unfortunately this has not been the case,because the world itself is a complex place to live in because of its inhabitants.That why ad say we've got a lot of religious people in the world but few Godly fellows.In as much as we are to serve God.We still need to LIVE......."Haven" come to the light of being a xtian a lot of things are quite demanding than it seem to be.Now let's talk about how music affects the xtian....Different churches different doctrines....Some wud say any kind of music will do buh some wud classify some as "worldly".....As humans music have effects in our lives(both positive and negative).....So is only gospel music ought to be listened to by a xtian or can he/she control other musics.....Coz not all types of music apart from gospel and worship are bad or rated "X".So your opinions......
Re: The Christian And Music by Emusan(m): 8:10am On Dec 19, 2012
What if the gospel songs are composed without inspiration from God

To me the best songs are 'hyms' and for others i think it require Holy Spirit for selection.
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 8:14am On Dec 19, 2012
Emusan: What if the gospel is sing without inspiration from God

To me the best song is 'hyms' and to other songs i think it require Holy Spirit for selection.
. i get ur point buh some wud say d source of sum of d musics are aint pure so As a result could affect ur relationship with God
Re: The Christian And Music by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 19, 2012
Now I know some songs are plainly rotten and will do no good to anyone, but there are some songs which are okay.
For example, beyonce's''I was here''.
Now this song might not be gospel but it is inspirational.
Its a song that will inpire u and make u stronger, more determined to be someone in life, more determined to make the world better.
U can't tell me u wouldn't listen to it becos it is not strictly gospel?
Now that is just childish and u'll only be doing urself by restricting ur life in such a manner.

Secondly, lets look at a song like bruno mars ''u're amazing''.
Now this is a beautiful love song. But its not just any love song, its a song that can really boost confidence and self esteem in a girl.
Its a song u can sing to ur spouse, girl-friend or mother to let her know she is quite beutiful and u are satisfied with her that way.
As far as I am concerned there is no negative effect of singing this song, just positive, so I do not see why u should blindly refuse to sing it.

So u see, u do not have to restrict ur life(as that is what u'll be doing). Ofcourse there are some songs which will not do u any good but there are others which might not be gospel but are quite refreshing.
I trust that u are smart enough to tell the difference.
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 9:02am On Dec 19, 2012
inurmind: Now I know some songs are plainly rotten and will do no good to anyone, but there are some songs which are okay.
For example, beyonce's''I was here''.
Now this song might not be gospel but it is inspirational.
Its a song that will inpire u and make u stronger, more determined to be someone in life, more determined to make the world better.
U can't tell me u wouldn't listen to it becos it is not strictly gospel?
Now that is just childish and u'll only be doing urself by restricting ur life in such a manner.

Secondly, lets look at a song like bruno mars ''u're amazing''.
Now this is a beautiful love song. But its not just any love song, its a song that can really boost confidence and self esteem in a girl.
Its a song u can sing to ur spouse, girl-friend or mother to let her know she is quite beutiful and u are satisfied with her that way.
As far as I am concerned there is no negative effect of singing this song, just positive, so I do not see why u should blindly refuse to sing it.point noted

So u see, u do not have to restrict ur life(as that is what u'll be doing). Ofcourse there are some songs which will not do u any good but there are others which might not be gospel but are quite refreshing.
I trust that u are smart enough to tell the difference.

point noted but to some news some of these musics there sources are demonic what do you have to say about that
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
Need more opinions from bible scholar in the forum....Or facts about this topic would be welcomed
Re: The Christian And Music by dederocs(m): 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2012
Dibangoking: Serving God should be one of the priority of humans.But unfortunately this has not been the case,because the world itself is a complex place to live in because of its inhabitants.That why ad say we've got a lot of religious people in the world but few Godly fellows.In as much as we are to serve God.We still need to LIVE......."Haven" come to the light of being a xtian a lot of things are quite demanding than it seem to be.Now let's talk about how music affects the xtian....Different churches different doctrines....Some wud say any kind of music will do buh some wud classify some as "worldly".....As humans music have effects in our lives(both positive and negative).....So is only gospel music ought to be listened to by a xtian or can he/she control other musics.....Coz not all types of music apart from gospel and worship are bad or rated "X".So your opinions......
Are u an extremists...cos i hate them.the christian religion does not judge or condemn,when music is played hear the message not the caption to see if it is tagged GOSPEL.damn
Re: The Christian And Music by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2012
Dibangoking: point noted but to some news some of these musics there sources are demonic what do you have to say about that

#brother jero mode activated#
fear not, for the holy spirit is there to guide.
let no one tell u what u aught to do, for he that is in u is greater than he that is in the world.
the holy spirit shall tell u which is demonic and which is not.

I must depart now, my congregation awaits me.
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 4:52pm On Dec 20, 2012
dederocs:
Are u an extremists...cos i hate them.the christian religion does not judge or condemn,when music is played hear the message not the caption to see if it is tagged GOSPEL.damn
you would do a great job by explaining what you been by the word JUDGEMENT cos i don't seem to understand you
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2012
inurmind:

let no one tell u what u aught to do, for he that is in u is greater than he that is in the world.

ok
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 10:08am On Dec 24, 2012
Does it mean all the xtian scholars in the forum dont have an answer to this que apart from "inurmind" .......enh
your folks have beta give me an answer..........
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 10:10am On Dec 24, 2012
inurmind:

......bro not judging here buh u seem to be proud to be an atheist.......why the holy spirit stuff or av there bin a change
Re: The Christian And Music by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 24, 2012
Dibangoking: Does it mean all the xtian scholars in the forum dont have an answer to this que apart from "inurmind" .......enh

I'm a Christian scholar? chaigrin

Seems nairaland Christians are doing so badly an atheist had to be awarded the title of a Christian scholar.
Re: The Christian And Music by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 24, 2012
Dibangoking: ......bro not judging here buh u seem to be proud to be an atheist.......why the holy spirit stuff or av there bin a change

I was being a little silly when I replied u with the holy spirit stuff but I was also trying to make a point.
if u do believe he exists, then u should also believe that he will guide u.
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 2:35pm On Dec 24, 2012
inurmind:

I'm a Christian scholar? chaigrin

Seems nairaland Christians are doing so badly an atheist had to be awarded the title of a Christian scholar.
don't you understand d meaning of "apart from".No make me get vocal ooooooooo
Re: The Christian And Music by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2012
Dibangoking: don't you understand d meaning of "apart from".No make me get vocal ooooooooo

haba brother, but you did English in your waec exams now?
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 4:49pm On Dec 24, 2012
inurmind:

haba brother, but you did English in your waec exams now?
I did......i do...... And will still do
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 8:27am On Dec 25, 2012
inurmind:

I was being a little silly when I replied u with the holy spirit stuff but I was also trying to make a point.
I think you're confused.......trust me ur really are.......
Re: The Christian And Music by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 25, 2012
Dibangoking: I think you're confused.......trust me ur really are.......

How so?
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 10:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
inurmind:

How so?
see my dear read ur above post like ur aint d writer den u will see wot am talking abt
Re: The Christian And Music by tpia5: 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
any thread on noteworthy christian music of 2012 in nigeria, with links?
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
tpia@:
any thread on noteworthy christian music of 2012 in nigeria, with links?
i see ur point buh you still can't answer my que like this....
Re: The Christian And Music by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
inurmind:

what's wrong with this?
or would you have preferred me making fun of your religion?
Re: The Christian And Music by tomzman: 9:03am On Dec 26, 2012
I believe what makes a song is the message I get from it.My listening to a song the second time depends on the message I get from it at first.I won't advice Christians to listen to listen to songs that center on sex, money, wild partying etc. they would end up corrupting the heart.That is why the Bible instructs us to guard our heart with all dilligence.As for me, I listen to any kind of song (gospel et al) as long as the song passes a good message through the lyrics, has a nice tune and beat.
Re: The Christian And Music by Image123(m): 5:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
Dibangoking: Does it mean all the xtian scholars in the forum dont have an answer to this que apart from "inurmind" .......enh
or?
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 9:30am On Dec 27, 2012
inurmind:

what's wrong with this?
or would you have preferred me making fun of your religion?
you already making fun of it.......cos you actually were being silly
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 9:34am On Dec 27, 2012
Anyways we are almost deviating from the main topic........"your opinion about musics"
Re: The Christian And Music by Image123(m): 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
Image123: Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
so?
Re: The Christian And Music by Image123(m): 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
Dibangoking: so?
So, Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Teach and admonish yourselves in psalms and hymns and SPIRITUAL songs. There are SPIRITUAL songs and there are unspiritual songs even if na Jesus Jesus dey shout all through.
Re: The Christian And Music by Dibangoking(m): 6:52pm On Jan 02, 2013
Image123:
So, Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Teach and admonish yourselves in psalms and hymns and SPIRITUAL songs. There are SPIRITUAL songs and there are unspiritual songs even if na Jesus Jesus dey shout all through.
Hmnn.....Examples would be appreciated
Re: The Christian And Music by Image123(m): 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2013
Dibangoking: Hmnn.....Examples would be appreciated
Spiritual songs appeal more to the spirit. e.g psalms and hymns. Fleshly songs(what is called carnal songs or worldly songs) appeal more to the flesh or body.It's of little worth to the inside.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Live Above Sin / Pope Francis Says All Major Religions Are Paths To Same God (photos) / Is This Truly Jesus Christ's Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.