Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,462 members, 7,850,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:56 AM

Pls, Microsoft Outlook, The Way Forward Please! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls, Microsoft Outlook, The Way Forward Please! (679 Views)

7 Hidden Features In Microsoft Outlook.com / Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? / Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls, Microsoft Outlook, The Way Forward Please! by chukz4real(m): 3:44pm On Feb 18, 2008
Have been working on MS Windows Server 2003 for quite a while now. Recently, my Microsoft Outlook harldy opens. I have uninstalled the software several times and installed back to no result. It errors: "Can't start Microsoft outlook", that is when assessed from the server, and from the client systems (Thin Client), it indicates:"Cannot start Microsoft outlook, mapi32.dll is corrupt or the wrong version. This could have been caused by installing other messaging software. Please reinstall outlook".

Please somebody, what should I do to rectify this problem?

Counting on u!.
Re: Pls, Microsoft Outlook, The Way Forward Please! by Maleeq(m): 5:58pm On Feb 18, 2008
This occurs when you one of the following conditions is true:
- Outlook is set to run in compatibility mode (to a lower OS version)
- Your current user profile is corrupt.

Follow this link to Microsoft's webpage for the solution. The procedure is sort of lengthy, but it wold get you out of your fix!

Cheers
Re: Pls, Microsoft Outlook, The Way Forward Please! by chukz4real(m): 8:29am On Feb 19, 2008
[i][/i]Thank u so much Maleeq. Will give it a trial and get back to u soon. However, I operate on Windows Server 2003 and uses Thin-Client to as workstations to access the server, I've gone thru the link u posted and hope the problem will be solved.

Once again thanks.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Going Into Digital Photography: I Need Experts Advice / Computer Clearance Sales At The Cheapest Price Ever! / Server Based Computing, A Good Solution For I.t Managers, Ceo And Coo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.