Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,069 members, 7,953,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:15 PM

Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? (1091 Views)

Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses / Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / Do You Believe In Generational Curses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by AtheistD(m): 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2012
Why do ppl believe in generational curses?
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
Simple, becos they are s.t.u.p.i.d lazy cowards.
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by AtheistD(m): 3:53pm On Dec 19, 2012
Also, why is this belief mostly particular to Africa?
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by Goshen360(m): 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2012
There is nothing like generational curses to those who are in Christ Jesus for if ANY MAN be IN Christ, he is a NEW CREATION, old things are pass away. When we don't understand our covenant rights and priviledges, we abuse many things and attend curse breaking and deliverance service. I'm not talking about those who are possessed and not in God's kingdom; I'm talking about New Creations born from above and washed in/by the blood of the lamb.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs on a tree: - Galatians 3:13

Under the new covenant, when a man be in Christ and such man carries generational curses....please and please understand that Christ is "BEING MADE A CURSE" for such man. Renew your mind by the way of thinking. The curse began in the garden with a tree and also ended in calvary on a tree....for curse is anyone that hangs on a tree.

1 Like

Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by AtheistD(m): 7:22pm On Dec 19, 2012
Goshen360: There is nothing like generational curses to those who are in Christ Jesus for if ANY MAN be IN Christ, he is a NEW CREATION, old things are pass away. When we don't understand our covenant rights and priviledges, we abuse many things and attend curse breaking and deliverance service. I'm not talking about those who are possessed and not in God's kingdom; I'm talking about New Creations born from above and washed in/by the blood of the lamb.

Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs on a tree: - Galatians 3:13

Under the new covenant, when a man be in Christ and such man carries generational curses....please and please understand that Christ is "BEING MADE A CURSE" for such man. Renew your mind by the way of thinking. The curse began in the garden with a tree and also ended in calvary on a tree....for curse is anyone that hangs on a tree.

As much as I hate quoting the bible I have to say that quote needs to be read by more xtians in Nigeria. Churrches like Mountain of Fire need to move away from this generational curse philosophy and focus on something else.
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by mumumugu(m): 7:34pm On Dec 19, 2012
Op, i think u are sufering from generational curse
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by AtheistD(m): 10:05pm On Dec 19, 2012
mumumugu: Op, i think u are sufering from generational curse

Which one? From what i have seen everything bad can be attributed to a generational curse so which one cool
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by Omexonomy: 10:28pm On Dec 19, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Which one? From what i have seen everything bad can be attributed to a generational curse so which one cool
the generational curse that will make you hate God words but quote his word whenever it is conviennet for u to win an argument

1 Like

Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by Omexonomy: 10:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
why do you ur minions and cronnies dont want to believe in God
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by mazaje(m): 10:48pm On Dec 19, 2012

Because they are s.t.u.p.i.d. . .
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by trolling(m): 11:26pm On Dec 19, 2012
....visiting the iniquities of the fathers upon the third and fourth generation...you can pick that up in the ten commandments, there goes your generational curse
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by AtheistD(m): 11:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
trolling: ....visiting the iniquities of the fathers upon the third and fourth generation...you can pick that up in the ten commandments, there goes your generational curse

Does that not apply to the West also? Why is it only in Africa that generational curses seem to make an impact? Also, going on scripture, didnt Jesus die on the cross of calvary to cleanse our sins (according to Xttianity)? If so then surely generational curses would have been amongst them.

#Omexonomy

I dont believe in God because I have seen enough to convince me that God does not exist. I have also not seen enough to convince me that God exists grin

I quote scripture to correct the Xtians who know little about their own religion. I dont win arguments, I expose deceit and delusion.
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by trolling(m): 12:01am On Dec 20, 2012

Does that not apply to the West also? Why is it only in Africa that generational curses seem to make an impact? Also, going on scripture, didnt Jesus die on the cross of calvary to cleanse our sins (according to Xttianity)? If so then surely generational curses would have been amongst them.

#Omexonomy

I dont believe in God because I have seen enough to convince me that God does not exist. I have also not seen enough to convince me that God exists grin

I quote scripture to correct the Xtians who know little about their own religion. I dont win arguments, I expose deceit and delusion.

i dont believe in pagan jesus, number two according to scriptures Yahshua made intercessions for many not all in Isaiah 53. well you dont have to see him to believe,its called faith or how do u explain the creation of the universe.
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by AtheistD(m): 12:06am On Dec 20, 2012
trolling: i dont believe in pagan jesus, number two according to scriptures Yahshua made intercessions for many not all in Isaiah 53. well you dont have to see him to believe,its called faith or how do u explain the creation of the universe.

Not by the mythical will of an omnipotent deity.

I dont believe in any religious stuff.
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by trolling(m): 12:14am On Dec 20, 2012

Not by the mythical will of an omnipotent deity.

I dont believe in any religious stuff.
suit yourself then but if i saw you in a person, i would call on my God prophesy something regarding u and you'll see it manifest within seven days then you'll believe and if u provoke me enough, i can shut your pc down then you'll know God exist
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by Goshen360(m): 12:36am On Dec 20, 2012
trolling: ....visiting the iniquities of the fathers upon the third and fourth generation...you can pick that up in the ten commandments, there goes your generational curse

When I saw your post, I was sooooooooooooooooooooo angry with you. Look at the scripture you quoted,

You shall not bow down yourself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

AND THEN THE NEXT VERSE THAT SETS US FREE BY THE LOVE OF CHRIST WHEN WE RECEIVE CHRIST (God's love).

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
But I show mercy to thousands of generations of those who love me and obey my commandments. - Exodus 20:6

The so called generational curses is broken in verse 6 and God's love is extended to thousands of generation OF THOSE WHO LOVE THE LORD AND OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS.Ask yourself, do you love or hate the Lord and apply whatever verse you belongs to. Christians have an heritage in Christ; curses are NOT part of our heritage in Christ Jesus because we love the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by trolling(m): 12:47am On Dec 20, 2012
Goshen360:

When I saw your post, I was sooooooooooooooooooooo angry with you. Look at the scripture you quoted,

You shall not bow down yourself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

AND THEN THE NEXT VERSE THAT SETS US FREE BY THE LOVE OF CHRIST WHEN WE RECEIVE CHRIST (God's love).

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
But I show mercy to thousands of generations of those who love me and obey my commandments. - Exodus 20:6

The so called generational curses is broken in verse 6 and God's love is extended to thousands of generation OF THOSE WHO LOVE THE LORD AND OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS.Ask yourself, do you love or hate the Lord and apply whatever verse you belongs to. Christians have an heritage in Christ; curses are NOT part of our heritage in Christ Jesus because we love the Lord.
, well i dont have much to say to you because you dont know who you worship, theres no salvation in Jesus
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by AtheistD(m): 1:48am On Dec 20, 2012
trolling:
suit yourself then but if i saw you in a person, i would call on my God prophesy something regarding u and you'll see it manifest within seven days then you'll believe and if u provoke me enough, i can shut your pc down then you'll know God exist

Why do you need to see me in person? Why cant God give you all info and some prophecies now?
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by trolling(m): 1:53am On Dec 20, 2012

Why do you need to see me in person? Why cant God give you all info and some prophecies now?
lol have it your way bro
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by AtheistD(m): 2:11am On Dec 20, 2012
trolling: lol have it your way bro

Do you know an observant person can determine a lot about someone without knowing them just by physically meeting them.

Also a lot of prophecies are made after the prophets talk to the person hence gathering as much info and judging how best to tackle.

I have been to prophets. I have given them dodgy info and they prophesy nonsense. It is too easy to know how they try to exploit using all manner of tactics. Prophets are even worse than tithe robbing pastors and are xlearly fraudulent.
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by flourishG(m): 4:01am On Dec 20, 2012
Believers are already delivered. Colossians 1:13
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by Omexonomy: 5:49am On Dec 20, 2012

the generational curse that will make you hate God words but quote his word whenever it is conviennet for u to win an argument
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by AtheistD(m): 8:07am On Dec 20, 2012
Omexonomy: the generational curse that will make you hate God words but quote his word whenever it is conviennet for u to win an argument

Not that old bull again. I thought we had moved on from that tongue

I seek to enlighten by means of getting ppl to think about things logically rather than quoting scripture to take every penny from them.
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
wbb
Re: Do Generational Curses Truly Exist? by Goshen360(m): 9:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
^ itunmo? wink

(1) (Reply)

Merry Xmas To All / Awsome Supplication - Good For Everyone / Incense, Dhoop & Agarbatti In Wholesale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.