Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Do You Believe In Generational Curses. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Generational Curses. (13110 Views)

Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses / Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:24am On Oct 27, 2013
Do you believe in generational curses?. That is, curses passed on from parents to children and so on. Can curses be passed from parents to their children?
Also can sinful habit such as fornication, womanising, lying, anger, etc be passed on from parents to children? Pls i need ur view on this. Drop ur comments. Thanks.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Ukutsgp(m): 9:36am On Oct 27, 2013
Can a christian be affected by generational curses. Or does he or she needs deliverance?
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nosu(m): 9:53am On Oct 27, 2013
No and yes
No, it is not scriptural
Yes, out of ignorance

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 27, 2013
Bro, dont accept those rubbish, you control your life and what you believe is what will happen to you.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by texazzpete(m): 10:04am On Oct 27, 2013
Ukuts gp: Do you believe in generational curses?. That is, curses passed on from parents to children and so on. Can curses be passed from parents to their children?

No. Everyone charts his own path in this life.

Ukuts gp:
Also can sinful habit such as fornication, womanising, lying, anger, etc be passed on from parents to children? Pls i need ur view on this. Drop ur comments. Thanks.

Replace 'sinful habits' with 'bad habits'. They cannot be 'passed on' just like that, but children can learn from what they see their parents do.
If a 'chronic womanizer' has zero contact with his kids, what's there to be passed on?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by gen2briz(m): 10:04am On Oct 27, 2013
Generation curses abi. ....pls wait make i ask my daddy
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 27, 2013
yeah...its possible...its even in d bible...but can b broken with prayers and fasting...breaking out its d only option...

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by ghettodreamz(m): 10:05am On Oct 27, 2013
It is real but Jesus is bigger than any or every kind of generational curses you can imagine or might be experiencing.

Just keep calling on Him and He will break all the bondages, shackles and set you free with his precious blood that no billions of dollars or Pounds sterling could afford.

Remember, all he says ; "All power has been given me in heaven and upon earth" . Matthew 28:18

Happy Sabbath to y'all.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by iterator25: 10:06am On Oct 27, 2013
Yes.. one is running in musiwa's family as we speak

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 10:07am On Oct 27, 2013
Whotever that is not scriptural I dnt believe it. I'm born of God and I've overcm the world. So what u believe is what u get.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nosu(m): 10:08am On Oct 27, 2013
Scripture says; u are a new creature 2 cor 5: 17
U hv be delivered from the power of darkness and has translated u into the kingdom of his dear SOn Col 2:13
He has blotted out the handwritting of ordinances that was against us col 3: 14- 15

The issue wit christians is that we find it easier to believe the words from men than the Word from and of God.

I hv made up my mind to make his Word the final in every Area of my life and the true remains that I am getting fantastic result becos His word is ever truth and reliable

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by iduzebaba(m): 10:08am On Oct 27, 2013
i no know abt curse ooo; but dat of womanisin;lyin and stealin ; e dey follow lyk mad:;if na lie come look uche and im popsi:

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Widall: 10:09am On Oct 27, 2013
Wow, this is a question i have been wanting to ask, i look forward to sensible comments. Keep them coming
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by everyday: 10:12am On Oct 27, 2013
It is possible.Consult elderly people for advice

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by yunisco: 10:13am On Oct 27, 2013
Nosu: No and yes
No, it is not scriptural
Yes, out of ignorance
nice 1
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 27, 2013
if you plan & pursue your dreams and life goals, you become successful,
if you allow your dreams to pursue you, it becomes a curse.

'stop believing, start thinking'
- Joe

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by promisechild(m): 10:14am On Oct 27, 2013
It doesn't exist joor u determine ur life with ur hands
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Nosu(m): 10:14am On Oct 27, 2013
If u as christian believe in generational curses, it shows that u hv not fully understood wat Jesus did on the cross.
Scripture say he become curse for u.
When u see some things happening in the life of some christians, it is as a result of the imagination they hv held which has now become a stronghold.
As man thinks, so is he. We are wat we think.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Aromas: 10:14am On Oct 27, 2013
GENERATIONAL CURSES is equal to EPEE IDILEE. May God save us ooooooooooooooo
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Mutaino7(m): 10:22am On Oct 27, 2013
Yeap there is generational curse. In the bible jacob cursed reuben, simeon and levi...... In later years their descendants. More prefably moses suffered the curse of generational anger(levi). Go once said "I will visit the iniquity of the father even to the fourth generation".

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by phiszo(m): 10:22am On Oct 27, 2013
NO
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by adexsimply(m): 10:27am On Oct 27, 2013
Nope! But I believe in KARMA
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by iamswizz(m): 10:30am On Oct 27, 2013
They exists only in pentecostal churches..

Not the true church.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by superior1: 10:32am On Oct 27, 2013
Ezekiel 18vs 1-2
1 The word of the Lord came unto me again, saying, 2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?

Galatians 3:13
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Answer to OP
Do generational curses exist: Yes

Can a born again come under curses: A born again Christian shouldn't be under any form of curses but ignorance on the part of the Christian can make him be illegally affected by a curse just like the Nigerian Police can detain you even when you are on your right. Knowledge and enforcing your right can get you off the situation.

What to do: if you are a born again Christian and you suspect satan is trying to afflict you with a common evil occurrence in your family, stand your ground, pray and break it, if you think you need an assistance approach a mature Christian brother to agree with you.

20 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Dean13(m): 10:33am On Oct 27, 2013
i will get back to u

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by skyscraperTM(m): 10:37am On Oct 27, 2013
YES to those who believe.

NO to those who don't believe.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by AbuMikey(m): 10:40am On Oct 27, 2013

If I hear!

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Lilaex: 10:42am On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Lilaex: 10:43am On Oct 27, 2013
Whether u don't believe or u do it doznt shansh any tin! God is God and he has spoken.! Gbam!
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by Allohrandy(m): 10:56am On Oct 27, 2013
Curses only exist on Nollywood movies
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by viexcey(f): 10:56am On Oct 27, 2013
If there's no generational curse, why is the sins of adam and eve still affecting us? What happened to HAM (Noah's youngest son) when he saw his father's unclothedness(genesis 9:18-28 and genesis 10). From there you will see that ham generations are still suffering till now.
This life is a mystery, there are some things we don't understand as humans. If there is no generational curse, i don't think Jesus christ will come and bore our curse on the cross because through one man(Adam)sins spread to the world and through one man (Jesus christ) we are save.
In conclusion, there are curses that are passed from fore fathers to their children(but Jesus has bore that curse if you believe in him, you will be free) and there are blessings that are pass through fore fathers. Jesus christ is the answer to all problems,accept him and you will be made whole.

13 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curses. by SUBMARINE: 10:59am On Oct 27, 2013
Yes it exist. That Jesus saves doesnt mean that those purnishments allotted to ur lineage out of their own foolishness doesnt stand. That is y u must ask him to show u mercy concerning these legal purnishments that ur ancestors brought upon ur lineage.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims / @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. / Jesus: Age 12-30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.