Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? (14218 Views)

Devaluation: IMF Versus Buhari - Henry Boyo / Order Your Jumia Products Through Me And Get Discounts And Ontime Delivery. / Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Quicksell: 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2012
It's Christmas season, and while we are shopping, we always try to keep the need for discounts and bonanzas at the back of our minds.

If you do not know Jumia already, are an online shopping mall, and the same definition goes for Konga.com. barely a year old in Nigeria, they are quickly growing to prominent positions in the eShopping business.

But which of them will you rather shop with? Click Here to read a comparison of the two sites and drop your thoughts: http://quicksell.com.ng/jumiavskonga/

1 Share

Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Sammy107d(m): 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
Might be a bit biased since I've not bought a lot from konga, but it's Jumia for Life here! I'm a sucker for books and whoever gets me any one I want is the winner!

I'm on my second of three books from their Nassim Talib bundle
http://www./Nassim-Taleb-Bundle-37561.html
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by moyo87(m): 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2012
How did you come about this review?
to start with Jumia is way better in terms of being organized...from experience that is.
Konga, too local and is so trailing behind cos they wait for Jumia to take steps before they do
so for me Jumia it is
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Jfinder: 3:40pm On Dec 20, 2012
It's Jumia for me people...
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Quicksell: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2012
In terms of organization and cataloguing, Jumia trumps Konga. With respect to diversity, Jumia wins again.

What about with respect to website design? Well, your guess is as good as mine.

How we came about this review? Well, QuickSell watches all major and minor businesses in Nigeria, and we gather periodic reports on them and showcase the best discounts around. Our job is never complete, though.

Which has the best discounts? Jumia or Konga? http://quicksell.com.ng/jumiavskonga/
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by obiscolly(m): 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2012
I prefer Jumia
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Jcob(m): 7:22am On Dec 21, 2012
I will give it to Konga.com. Got my orders delivered in less than 24 hrs, well arranged and cash on delivery. Tried using Jumia but had to cancel my orders when i didnt get delivery on the 10th day. Konga understands the market better in terms of efficiency and effectiveness!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Quicksell: 8:07am On Dec 21, 2012
Jcob: I will give it to Konga.com. Got my orders delivered in less than 24 hrs, well arranged and cash on delivery. Tried using Jumia but had to cancel my orders when i didnt get delivery on the 10th day. Konga understands the market better in terms of efficiency and effectiveness!

How many times did you use Jumia? And were there any apologies from Jumia? Technically though, Jumia has a 14-day delivery schedule sha...
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by feelamong(m): 8:25am On Dec 21, 2012
I have used both..Jumia prices are just not it; for someone that is price sensitive, Konga is the place to shop. Moreover I found Konga service a lot better, they deliver within 24 hrs. The only drawback for Konga is the fact that they do not have a wide array of goods to sell. This is exactly where Jumia beats the hands down!

1 Like

Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by kerielily: 8:51am On Dec 21, 2012
Its konga all the way! Used both and it took Jumia almost like forever to have a simple item delivered! But konga is the best for me! Never had any issues with them! Konga is the place to shop!

1 Like

Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Jcob(m): 8:57am On Dec 21, 2012
@Quicksell, why should I wait for 14 days when I can get it in a day . . . .even at a better price on Konga.

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Quicksell: 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
Jcob, true that. I wonder if you left them a complaint though? Most times, they might need feedback to know just what they are doing wrong.

feelamong: I have used both..Jumia prices are just not it; for someone that is price sensitive, Konga is the place to shop. Moreover I found Konga service a lot better, they deliver within 24 hrs. The only drawback for Konga is the fact that they do not have a wide array of goods to sell. This is exactly where Jumia beats them hands down!
@feelamong, thanks for that bit of information. I'm sure the newbie shoppers would take a cue.

SO, kerie_lily, how would you feel if Jumia closed business indefinitely today?
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by kerielily: 9:09am On Dec 22, 2012
@Jcob I wonder! Who cares about Jumia! Its konga till infinity! Customer service on-point! Prompt delivery!!!!!!! They even call to let you know when they on their way and all! Konga jawe!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by SubomiBaba: 10:50am On Jan 08, 2013
@
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by SubomiBaba: 10:55am On Jan 08, 2013
@feelamong: what you said is true--as long as you are not talking of groceries and household items. For groceries, the BABA to beat is BuyCommonThings.com (http://buycommonthings.com). Their prices are way, way, way cheaper than Konga.com's in groceries and household items--as much as 45% cheaper for some products! And they deliver SAME-DAY--generally, about 8 hours after your order--and 100% free!!!! *screaminnnggggg* And their service is matchless and unbeatable. (Only problem for now is that they presently only serve the Islands but have indicated they will be covering the whole of Lagos by the middle of this year.) Their prices are even cheaper than ShopRite's! Can you beat that?
feelamong: [/quote] I have used both..Jumia prices are just not it; for someone that is price sensitive, Konga is the place to shop. Moreover I found Konga service a lot better, they deliver within 24 hrs. The only drawback for Konga is the fact that they do not have a wide array of goods to sell. This is exactly where Jumia beats the hands down!
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Quicksell: 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
SubomiBaba: @feelamong: what you said is true--as long as you are not talking of groceries and household items. For groceries, the BABA to beat is BuyCommonThings.com. Their prices are way, way, way cheaper than Konga.com's in groceries and household items--as much as 45% cheaper for some products! And they deliver SAME-DAY--generally, about 8 hours after your order--and 100% free!!!! *screaminnnggggg* And their service is matchless and unbeatable. (Only problem for now is that they presently only serve the Islands but have indicated they will be covering the whole of Lagos by the middle of this year.) Their prices are even cheaper than ShopRite's! Can you beat that?

Interesting! We will check them out...thanks SubomiBaba!
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by rodgers: 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
SubomiBaba: @feelamong: what you said is true--as long as you are not talking of groceries and household items. For groceries, the BABA to beat is BuyCommonThings.com. Their prices are way, way, way cheaper than Konga.com's in groceries and household items--as much as 45% cheaper for some products! And they deliver SAME-DAY--generally, about 8 hours after your order--and 100% free!!!! *screaminnnggggg* And their service is matchless and unbeatable. (Only problem for now is that they presently only serve the Islands but have indicated they will be covering the whole of Lagos by the middle of this year.) Their prices are even cheaper than ShopRite's! Can you beat that?

According to their website, BuyCommonThings.com only deliver to Ikoyi, Lekki and VI. This cannot be compared with Konga that delivers to most part of Lagos and nationwide
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Quicksell: 10:15am On Jan 09, 2013
@Rodgers, good point. Although to be fair, Subomibaba did say that BuyCommonThings promised to expand to the mainland this year. So we should probably keep opur fingers crossed, mmmm?
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by SubomiBaba: 10:38am On Feb 14, 2013
Quicksell: @Rodgers, good point. Although to be fair, Subomibaba did say that BuyCommonThings promised to expand to the mainland this year. So we should probably keep opur fingers crossed, mmmm?

I did some shopping on BuyCommonThings.com yesterday. No disappointment: it's almost as if i am not in Nigeria anymore! I observed two things during this last visit:
1.) They seem to be taking coming to the Lagos Mainland very seriously as i observed from the free N1,000 Airtime Everyday Promo they are running which leads to this link (https://www.facebook.com/BuyCommonThings/app_100265896690345) that they are registering potential customers ahead of rollout to the Mainland. I have registered for their Mainland Rollout, not necessarily to win N1,000 free credit but to enjoy delivery service to my home, as i have been receiving my deliveries at my office on the Island. Let's keep our fingers crossed as @Quicksell has said.
2.) This second is the most amazing!!! I observed they have updated the "Compare Prices" feature(http://buycommonthings.com/compare-prices)on their site. I am EXTREMELY EXTREMELY SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED that their prices are 38% CHEAPER for quite a number of items compared to other online stores!!! THIRTY EIGHT PER CENT!!!! For everyday GROCERIES--not laptop! Ahhh!!! In this same Lagos?! I think we really need to support these guys who don't seem to have as much money to make noise like these other noisier ones we keep seeing on TV, radio and newspapers--instead of them to concentrating on giving value. Personally, my 150% vote and money is on BuyCommonThings.com. People wey get money wey dem don chop from government fit dey go waste am for Konga and Jumia. Me and my house na www.BuyCommonThings.com get us!

P.S: On top of all this, they still do delivery SAME-DAY 100% FREE!!! Haba! Guys, i think we should just end all this gist about Konga and Jumia because you are comparing two things that are one and the same. The gist ought to be: Between BuyCommonThings.com and KONGA+JUMIA, which has better offer, then i go fit gist. Pschewsh! He dey vex me sef.
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Daresh(f): 9:09am On Apr 10, 2013
Konga all the way for me. Jumia really messed me up christmas time and didnt deliver my daughters gift in time. I received 2 deliveries from Konga long b4 Jumia sent her gift after I had requested the order be cancelled. And Jumia prices are toooooo expensive biko. up to 1,500 diff on a simple childs toy/\. No to Jumia biko.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by georgee(m): 10:29pm On May 07, 2013
Konga

1 Like

Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 15, 2013
I'm about hitting either of the 2 to get a laptop. Will make my choice based on affordability as per my specs and nothing more. Hope i'm safe?
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by mkoabiola: 11:47am On Jun 15, 2013
What is d mode of payment for any of online shoppoing?
Hw long does it take to b precise.
Am abt to do shopping online.
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by lumzi23: 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
Going by this thread it seems Konga is really the way to go if I ever wanted to buy something from within Nigeria. Neither have got the really wide range of things to buy of something like Amazon. I might buy things like clothes and books from them though. Maybe games on occassion.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Thefan: 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
trae_z: I'm about hitting either of the 2 to get a laptop. Will make my choice based on affordability as per my specs and nothing more. Hope i'm safe?

Which one did you buy? I bought my laptop from http://mgi.konga.com/products/2000-1 last year and I love it, Just got my Blackberry Q5 from http:///products/q5-phone yesterday. Maybe I should try Jumia too because I have had such a fantastic online experience using Konga.com
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 19, 2013
I ended up not using any as i physically bought the laptop at a store in town. Sorry embarassed
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 20, 2013
Buyam.com.ng is here
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by mbulela: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
I have had a bad experience with Jumia.
Lousy and slow to correct their errors. They just feed you an endless song of apology and show no remorse. I understand that organisations have processes but when those processes are designed to frustrate your customers,then something is seriously wrong.
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by debadest: 4:19am On Sep 04, 2013
MicoStar Mall www.micostarmall.com is the best. My experience with them for the past year has been great. You are ordering and receiving your items directly from US for the same sale price!
Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by paccino: 11:31am On Nov 29, 2013
Konga is better for me. the prompt delivery and all. i bought a nokia phone from Jumia and after a month it developed a fault i went to nokia care and i was told it does not have Nokia Nigeria warranty... i called and mailed jumia and they bluntly refused to respond...i have never had issues with KONGA. moreso Jumia has bad customer service.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? by nairacountry(m): 11:48am On Nov 29, 2013
If you haven't shop with Dressrite, you are yet to shop. Though dey deal in outfit, their prices r ok, goods of quality, inform you often of Ur order status on phone/ whatsapp & above all Pay on Delivery(Abuja).
Least I forget, they even offered me discount. Asking though, does Konga deliver to d FCT & allows pay on delivery? I may fink of getting dem fall yakata Phantom A+

(1) (2) (Reply)

0000 / Mfumu Arnold Kufulula, Congo Prince Talks To Blackwash / Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.