Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) (2242 Views)

Harry Potter Series / Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! / Best Harry Potter Book? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by opiororo1(m): 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2008
I am a big harry potter fan.Infact i've just finished reading the last edition about two weeks ago i.e HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS.Identify yourself if you know anything about the book and let us have a little gist about it.AVADA KEDAVRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 18, 2008
i read the book  about a week after it came out- hi am abdulbasit but you can call me akay am a Nigerian and i live in  kaduna(kd).
am looking for a content researcher know where i can find one
Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by opiororo1(m): 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2008
Well Akay for now i don't know of any content researcher.But if u may tell me how much of this book do you know?You know it has 7 series,how many of the series have u read?Crucioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by opiororo1(m): 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2008
For the content research, i think u should try google search.The other time i tried it i saw a dozen load of them.Just post 'harrypotter content research' on google search column.I hope u get what u need there. smiley
Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by stranger26(f): 6:33pm On Feb 24, 2008
Harry Potter's cool, man! Read all of them except the last one and that's because it was released while I was still worrying about my university applications and I'm still a bit miffed about the price. Once I get a holiday, I'll read it. But the book has been spoilt for me now; all my friends who've read it have told me the end. I remember when the fourth book came out (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire). I read it all in one day (well, night)!

But when you think of it, the Harry Potter series, as exciting as they may be, have too much superficiality. yeah, it all boils down to good against evil but the sixth book had a lot of adolescent drama. Of course, all the teen stuff is attractive to youths but it made that book a bit immature. Nonetheless, I luuuurve the Potter Series. I was soooo sad when Sirius died! And then Dumbledore died! It was such a shock! And apparently Fred dies in the Seventh book! I wish they all didn't have to die; but I suppose she's trying to make it as realistic as possible and not all fairy-tale-ish.
Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by opiororo1(m): 8:33am On Feb 26, 2008
Well i agree a bit with you.I mean i was so sad when i saw Sirius and Dumbledore dying.As if that was not enough,Fred lost his life,Goerge lost one of his ears and could you imagine Prof.Mad Eye Moody,Prof.Lupin and Tonks who after giving birth to a child both lost their lives while fighting Lord Voldemort.Well concerning superficiality,what do you expect of a book that is a fiction and besides that is what i call FUN.THUMBS UP J.K ROWLINGS.
STUPEFYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 28, 2008
I hate Harry Porter, its scary sad
Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by opiororo1(m): 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2008
Did you just say scary?Well i see you are a muggle.Tell me what's gonna happen to a muggle who knows too much about our wizarding world?A muggle who sees our world as scary?A muggle who dares to poke his/her nose into our world?Remember Frank the muggle in the Goblet of Fire?Remember what the Dark Lord did to him?But i'm not as wicked as the Dark Lord.Hence, i will just, OBLIVATEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by oreshade(m): 10:10am On Mar 02, 2008
help wil always be at hogwarts when u need it. Experliamusssssss

1 Like

Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by jdoss: 11:42am On Mar 10, 2008
The worst death was Hedwig, She just killed that owl for no reason. Everybody else was understandable, but it was just a poor bird. I inhaled the sixth book in one night because while i was reading the fifth book in class, The teacher tells someone else that Sirius is the one that dies. I took my time with the seventh book though, It took me like 3 weeks. In retrospect, i probably should have taken more time.
Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by sam16: 10:46pm On Mar 27, 2008
i am sitting on a spot wishing hoping praying that jk rowling will bring out another harry potter book even it`s about his kids ANYTHING

2 Likes

Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by adelarin(f): 9:09am On Apr 03, 2008
i have had enough harry potter that will last a life time. rowlings is the best but i really thought snape killed dumbledore. i cried my eyes out for fred, tonks, lupin. FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2008
It's funny that it took you guys so long to read Deathly Hallows? Why? Imperio!. Why?

I'm probably the bigget Harry Potter fan on Nairaland right now. Don't argue, I may be wrong. But I think the books were very good. And the movies weren't even half as good as the books.

If you have excess time, visit http://clearblogs.com/ajiboyet. I have a piece of fan fiction there. And do leave a comment.
Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by hanen(f): 9:21am On Apr 09, 2008
i took money i didnt have and bought Deathly Hallows from silverbird the day it came out. I'm a hardcore HP fan. And I'm proud. I felt empty and confused when i finished it like, what now?
Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by jazzy(f): 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2008
Harry p is a great book and whats with the JK Rowlings court case abt an encyclopedia , anywasy although i am not an advocate for piracy , iread the last book in its manuscript form, way before it was released, and trust me it was WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAOOO, from the simple spells in the first year at hogwarts Wingado leviosa, to when harry had a blugde hit during qudditch and he broke his arm Brakiami amendos, to expelling dementors Expelliamus, all ds has made us want more, watch JK is writing anoda but i dnt know what can be better than HP. I was eaqually sad at dumbledores death and i cried but what the heck ; greatestfan here.
Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by Toyatc: 9:15pm On Apr 26, 2008
@ mactao
And the movies weren't even half as good as the books.

you are rite, the books rock but the movies are wacks.

I've never met any harry potter's fan (except my brothers) untill i saw this thread and u can imagine hw xcited i'am.
I jst wish the series has nt ended. dn't think i can ever get tired of reading them over and over from one to seven.
my best characters:
1. Proferssor head
2. Hermione
3. Sirus Black
4. peeves,dobby (makes u laugh)
5. George and Fred
6. Harry
7. Looney
well, i can go on and on, the books are so soooooooooooooooooooooooo grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by mi3(f): 5:45am On Oct 12, 2008
HP fan here! except that i do not paticularly "send" Harry tongue, i cried when i read the last book mehn, it was like, nothing to look foward too *sigh*, still read them over periodically, nearly had heartbreak when Sirius died, i was like WTF? they JUST MET!, but the thing that keeps making the deaths not seem so tragic is the fact that you can talk to the people in portraits :d lol,

biggest personal joy? Snape was good afterall! ha! i used to tell people oh, no one believed me, i liked Snape for the longest time, don't even ask me why!, and Dobby? kai, that thing used to upset me, what with banging his head at every interval, lol, then the people she killed off, another sad thing, az in. why couldn't Pery die, ehn?! mchuu
Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by SUXXI(m): 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2008
The novel series is very very very interesting.It got me hooked that when i was preparing for my exams,i have to finish HP & THE HALLOWS by force else,i wont be able to read for my exams.
The HP movie is nothing compared to the novel at all at all.
I will like to see Harry Potter season film as this will show in details every every in the novel.
The movie is too too shallow.
Re: Harry Potter Series: Any Fan Out There?) by kaydkay(m): 8:44am On Nov 13, 2008
To All Harry Potter Fans,

Go to www. booksdownload247 . . com to download all the 7 Harry Potter Books. They are in PDF format so u only need an Acrobat Reader on ur system to read them.
1. The Sorcerers Stone
2. The Chamber of Secrets
3. The prisoner of Azkhaban
4. The Goblet of Fire
5. The Order of the Phonenix
6. The Half-Blood Prince
7. The Deathly hallows

There are other books/authors on the site too which u might like to download.

NB:
U can to to my Nairaland Profile and click on "Books and Magazine downloads" to also get to the site.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

[story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 12 / 'Victims Of Circumstances' Story: Novel Or Home Video? Advice again pls / Devilish Comedian The Sequel To Evil Comedian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.