Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience (8366 Views)

Working With The Big4, Your Experience. / Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? / Seamen: Ratings, Officers, Engineers, Captains: Please Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by cool318(m): 7:11pm On Dec 20, 2012
Feel free to share your experience, mine was a Sadist Boss in P.H who is into HSE, we slept in the same Hotel room when we went to Lagos for training, gives 2,000 as allowance from Mon-Friday, i make millions for him, no appreciation, after he crowns it with a 24 hrs ABC night bus from Lagos to Ph. We will soon put advert because i have left him. Horrible man.

5 Likes

Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by OkochiZico(m): 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
Na dey wahala wit one man bizness, too greedy.

1 Like

Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by pboiskinpy(m): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
...(jux passing)
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by begwong: 1:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
cool318: Feel free to share your experience, mine was a Sadist Boss in P.H who is into HSE, we slept in the same Hotel room when we went to Lagos for training, gives 2,000 as allowance from Mon-Friday, i make millions for him, no appreciation, after he crowns it with a 24 hrs ABC night bus from Lagos to Ph. We will soon put advert because i have left him. Horrible man.
Hope u are on your personal biz now?
Gud luck
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by SlyIg(f): 1:59pm On Dec 21, 2012
I should be talking abt the worst lecturers that took me this year. Too many of them...
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by debedebe(m): 2:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
mine is wit 1 energy power company in lag, we r being owed 5 month salary,even some r 7 month,very teribble management...
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by Ibro27: 2:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
Thank God with my new employer.
But I'm still hoping for a federal 1 by God's grace.
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by nkemKalu: 2:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
How about a boss who went out with his employee and worked late in the night with the employee at Victoria Island....then dropped the employee at Apple junction by 1 a.m and gave him N1,500 to go and look for a hotel to sleep. He never even bothered to drop the staff at the hotel he hopes the employee will get at N1,500 per night and he drove off expecting that employee to be in the office by 8.a.m same day? MEANWHILE, THE EMPLOYER IS LIVING IN ONE OF THE BIGGEST AND BEST HOUSES IN FESTAC AND IS STUPENDIOUSLY RICH.

1 Like

Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by bigfat04(m): 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
[size=15pt]mention company name here abi..[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by highlandre(m): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2012
I think the worst employer for 2012 is the Federal Government. There has not been any merit-based recruitment exercise this year at all; recruitments into federal ministries, boards and agencies have been enmeshed by acts of partiality, man-know-man syndrome and serious level of bribery.

The FG as a direct employer of labour and supposed regulator of employment in the private sector through its policies has not only failed Nigerians, but allowed Indians, Lebanese and other useless foreigners and Nigerians to exploit my country men and women, by paying us peanuts, and subjecting us to worst kind of conditions of service. May God punish those among our leaders who made 2012 an ordinary, unprofitable year for Nigerians, amen!

9 Likes

Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by JstBrave(f): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2012
nkem Kalu: How about a boss who went out with his employee and worked late in the night with the employee at Victoria Island....then dropped the employee at Apple junction by 1 a.m and gave him N1,500 to go and look for a hotel to sleep. He never even bothered to drop the staff at the hotel he hopes the employee will get at N1,500 per night and he drove off expecting that employee to be in the office by 8.a.m same day? MEANWHILE, THE EMPLOYER IS LIVING IN ONE OF THE BIGGEST AND BEST HOUSES IN FESTAC AND IS STUPENDIOUSLY RICH.

dt is wickedness of d highest order. SMH 4dos stingy employers. Na God go judge 'em all
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by Chuksgeo: 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
mine is even worse we dont buy food in hotels rather we go and eat 'mama put' and worse still he tells our carterers to remain food for us the organisers so that we can eat it when we get back to the hotel, he does this anywhere in the country as we go about doing our bussiness. I make tens of milions of naira for him but he only pays me 20k on an average of 3 working days and I do more than 54% of the job. I've got the knowledge and skills but not yet the relevant certificate to back me up, anyway am saving up money to enable me do and obtain a proffessional certificate to back me up in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by Seadbari(m): 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
How about working for eight months without salary? they are mean like hell!!!
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by omenziate(m): 2:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
Seadbari: How about working for eight months without salary? they are mean like hell!!!

Sounds like Daar Communications, some of my hommies there are complaining like hell.
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by TRACK: 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
My experience with my former boss who i worked with for just seven months was a very sad one. He is very arrogant, insensitive and wicked. The company is on Lagos island. Anybody that works or worked in that place can attest to this fact. For those who were there during the nationwide subsidy strike their salaries were slashed as punishment for observing that strike. The staff strength is about 30 but they do not pay pension. They staff resume work 8 am and close at the man 's discretion sometimes 7 pm or 8pm. If the staff bus arrives 5 minutes before 8am,salaries of all occupants will be deducted by 10%. In fact, my experience there could be liken to leaving US supermax prison in Colorado which a warden better described as 'clean version of hell'
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by newmaonza: 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS, where art thou ! ! ! !
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by stupor(m): 3:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
I think it is banking industry !

a particular banker was laid Off without any just cause and the H.R personnel could keep their coòl and feel very happy smiling to work that they have genuisly let another dilligent man to remain jobless.

The wòrst about it is that a week later,letters of 70k debt being owed the same bank kept rolling in as if it wasn't the same bank he has assidously worked for some few weeks back.

The guy denied an approach by a colleague who wanted to have intimate s.ex with him.
The same guy quickly fastened the guy's exit bank inorder to keep out the whistle from blowing,despite the guys matured silence !

This is a true story !

The person is a very close friend and was only able to confide in me as he said nobody might believe him.

The accused is a junior banker with very strong loyalty with Superior heads and that was why he was able to mastermind the guys innocent exit.

This same guy Only had OND as he is also being made Head,operations in a mainland branch of the bank and quite unbelievable when he told me,there were several MBA and PGD holders in the same branch whO we're also doing fine and greatly.

Why would H.R of the bank allow this to happen under their own nose,it clearly shows how cheap and fabricated some so called professionals in these bank can be.

No one listened to him,despite the guys claim to them for them tO call up his past performance history with the bank and other places,it was this same bank that awarded him twice in a spate of Two years for being exceptional.

This very humble and quiet young man got laid off because he shunned a frivolous and shameful act of s.ex with a fellow man !

That particular H.R personnel will see the wrath of God very soon for never listening to this simple minded guy and the pertrator himself will never have sound sleep but horrific nightmares till he makes a public confession.

Its a SouthAfrican bank with offices in Nigeria.

The reasons am flaring up this is because I gain directly from this fellow man as he has never failed in helping me many times I seek is help,I think the people in the H.R are ridiculous.

No s.ex with another male colleague leaving a simple minded and dilligent employee Out of his career jOb is trully sick ! I closed my account with bank and never wish I come across with any of them.

Isn't that worst !

The H.R and few colleagues we called testified that the same dude had made approaches like that in the past but they decided to. Keep mute for sake of their job.

Isn't that crazy !

My curse is for all those who participated in the lay Off of this goOd guy,as they try to spend this X-mas,they will never find happiness but a troubled mindset !

Isn't that Evil !

You know yourself Oga boss and the se.xy cladded cloth wearing H.R personnel and the The heads of the H.R who maintained mute on the issue !

Your time is quickly. Coming to catch up and befall you toO ! Devils.

7 Likes

Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by ayandee: 3:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
U can't describe FG as d worst employer until you've been offered an appointment. Those employed by d FG are in a better position to comment. I agree with u that there's so much partialty in the recruitment process and it only takes d grace of God to get an offer if u do not have godfathers. However, having worked in the private sector for some years, i can confidently say that d FG has favourable working conditns- salaries (though not necessarily mouthwatering) are paid on time, annual leave (though without pay) is granted, 4 months maternity leave wit full pay, trainings, pension, 4pm or 5pm closing time depending on d agency, access to loans from cooperatives etc Just don't give up. Keep trying. Never conclude u won't be employed by FG cos u don't have a godfather. God the father is all u need.
highlandre: I think the worst employer for 2012 is the Federal Government. There has not been any merit-based recruitment exercise this year at all; recruitments into federal ministries, boards and agencies have been enmeshed by acts of partiality, man-know-man syndrome and serious level of bribery.

The FG as a direct employer of labour and supposed regulator of employment in the private sector through its policies has not only failed Nigerians, but allowed Indians, Lebanese and other useless foreigners and Nigerians to exploit my country men and women, by paying us peanuts, and subjecting us to worst kind of conditions of service. May God punish those among our leaders who made 2012 an ordinary, unprofitable year for Nigerians, amen!

4 Likes

Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by ria24: 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
Orhioo na so
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by 1forall: 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
ayandee: U can't describe FG as d worst employer until you've been offered an appointment. Those employed by d FG are in a better position to comment. I agree with u that there's so much partialty in the recruitment process and it only takes d grace of God to get an offer if u do not have godfathers. However, having worked in the private sector for some years, i can confidently say that d FG has favourable working conditns- salaries (though not necessarily mouthwatering) are paid on time, annual leave (though without pay) is granted, 4 months maternity leave wit full pay, trainings, pension, 4pm or 5pm closing time depending on d agency, access to loans from cooperatives etc Just don't give up. Keep trying. Never conclude u won't be employed by FG cos u don't have a godfather. God the father is all u need.

Even if it's the best job in the country, are you saying that it's okay to recruit largely based on partiality, connections and bribery? And you mention God in the same breath?
That has to be the largest pile of sh.it I ever heard.
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2012
Mine, i worked as a 'trainee desk officer' in a dental clinic located within one of the 5-star hotels in Abuja.
A white woman (the wife of the chief dentist) is the MD.
Whenever she walks into the clinic, i start shaking visibly coupled with the terribly cold temperature of the Hotel because all she does is throw me off balance and complain about everything including the way i write letter 'd'; she shouts and embarrasses even in the presence of waiting patients.

If she says 'jump', who born you to ask 'how high?'.. Just keep jumping until she says stop.
She behaves like someone that uses weed as sugar, salt, maggi, even spices.

She came to the office one wonderful Friday and told me 'i have bad news for u, i can no longer pay your monthly #27,500 (that day i counted #500,000 that patients paid for treatment o).

But, she indirectly led me to my present job sha(the best job i can think of).

One day, i will walk into the dental clinic and get my teeth done by her husband. I can't wait to see the expression on her face.

13 Likes

Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by Ninilowo(m): 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2012
95% of private school owners. I stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by ayandee: 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
In my post, I admitted that there's so much partiality. This syndrome is everywhere and it's creeping fast into d private sector too. I condemn it and advocate for merit-based recruitment. Notwithstanding, I make bold to repeat that in my case God intervened even when merit was about to be discarded. I will never play down on d God-factor. To each his own.
1forall:

Even if it's the best job in the country, are you saying that it's okay to recruit largely based on partiality, connections and bribery? And you mention God in the same breath?
That has to be the largest pile of sh.it I ever heard.
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by Jarus(m): 4:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
cool318: Feel free to share your experience, mine was a Sadist Boss in P.H who is into HSE, we slept in the same Hotel room when we went to Lagos for training, gives 2,000 as allowance from Mon-Friday, i make millions for him, no appreciation, after he crowns it with a 24 hrs ABC night bus from Lagos to Ph. We will soon put advert because i have left him. Horrible man.

You can say this because you have left. I don't expect anyone to use this kind of language on his current employer/boss in an online forum here.
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by iseeyou(f): 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
cool

Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by walexzee11(m): 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
Thank u very much for dis post,the most horrible employer i ever had in my lyf and 2012 as a year was one bastard,ungreatful boss.I regretted working for him with all due honesty,his job even affected my academic,that stressful day he slapped and i vow he wont av dat kind of opportunity again,so i opt-out of the job.I knw he has realize his mistake and knew full well dat he as lost a steadfast person.You cant imagine the humiliation i went through from dat Barren,unfruitful man!!!!!
I pray not to work wit dat kind of a man again in my life(Amen)
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by dejijohns(m): 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
Rukemi291: Mine, i worked as a 'trainee desk officer' in a dental clinic located within one of the 5-star hotels in Abuja.
A white woman (the wife of the chief dentist) is the MD.
Whenever she walks into the clinic, i start shaking visibly coupled with the terribly cold temperature of the Hotel because all she does is throw me off balance and complain about everything including the way i write letter 'd'; she shouts and embarrasses even in the presence of waiting patients.

If she says 'jump', who born you to ask 'how high?'.. Just keep jumping until she says stop.
She behaves like someone that uses weed as sugar, salt, maggi, even spices.

She came to the office one wonderful Friday and told me 'i have bad news for u, i can no longer pay your monthly #27,500 (that day i counted #500,000 that patients paid for treatment o).

But, she indirectly led me to my present job sha(the best job i can think of).

One day, i will walk into the dental clinic and get my teeth done by her husband. I can't wait to see the expression on her face.

Are u prayin 4 toothache??

2 Likes

Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by vesto09(m): 5:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
It was a shock to know that there are causal workers working in Aso Rock.
If that can happen there then all the Lebanese, Indians and Chinese employer
in the country would have moral inclinations to enslave Nigerians right here
in Nigeria.

The problem is not with these foreigners. Rather, it is with Nigerian
representatives at the managerial level in those organizations especially
the H.R Managers and the Company Secretaries who allow this horrible things
to happen.

These set of Nigerians that I am dealing with where I work @d moment are what you
can called moral(e) vampires. It pays the employer that 'our own' help them to
inhumanly treat fellow countrymen the ways they do. Many people stay in these
companies because they have to work not because they want to work there. If you
work for a company that is doing well your expectation of the employer will be
different from the one that is doing very well. But when a doing-very-well
business decides to compensate the employees as if the business is not doing
well then there will be agitations. Should you openly agitate, you just got fired!

I could write a book on the inhuman treatments going on in some of these companies.
One of my facilitators at a Finishing School once told me when I brought up the issue
that that issue fall within my circle of concern rather I should focus on my circle
of influence. Properly speaking, she was saying that I should do my job like
zombie. If she knew what ran through my mind, she would have cried at that moment.
Now, I remember Fela Anikulapo Kuti.

The way it is, the case of Employers and employees in Nigeria is like that of a
rock and an egg:
if an egg hit the rock, it is unfortunate for the egg
should the rock hit the egg is equally unfortunate for the egg
however, that it has been unfortunate for the egg does not mean it will continue to be unfortunate for the egg.
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 21, 2012
This thread is hilarious.... grin
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2012
dejijohns:

Are u prayin 4 toothache??

Nope. I can go for a whitening or even a regular check up or anything that will just make her know that it's not everybody she laid off that didn't make it.

2 Likes

Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by DBen2: 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2012
Mine was with ministry of health in one of the northern states,owing us four months salary during our service year despite concrete evidence that d money was release from finance .I pray God to forgive them ,we have moved on is well.
Re: Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
My Mum noticed i was so sad throughout that period and she said she would pay me more than the woman offered to pay, that i should stop going but i said i wanted to fend for myself and earn my money.
Thank God i endured till the woman fired me because i learnt somethings from that experience. And i think everybody passing through what i went through can learn a thing or two.

1. Don't ever quit your present job because some employer promised to pay you better if you join his organisation. I did that foolishly, just for her to fire me after 2 months.
2. Always keep quiet when a terrible boss or superior is talking. I always want to bail myself whenever she is accusing me falsely but it leads me into bigger trouble.
3. Yoruba people say 'a dry bolus of food that is swallowed with ease is better than a molten one swallowed with difficulty'. As in it's better to earn small and be appreciated by your boss than to earn big under a very terrible boss.

4. And lastly.....

9 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Animal Production A Good Course To Study In Nigeria? / Nigeria’s Top 50 HR Professionals To Be Unveiled / Ghana Military Women Are Sexy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.