Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Working With The Big4, Your Experience. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Working With The Big4, Your Experience. (49343 Views)

Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. / Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! / Working With A Falsified Statement Of Result For 2 Yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by masagoody(m): 7:58am On Jun 25, 2015
It's that time of the year when offer letters fly left, right and center for the big 4. many graduate trainees resume in the third or fourth quarter of the year, (notably kpmg in September and PWC in August & October) Amidst all the excitements, there could be some nudgings and silent questions when you start reading up about life at the big4. most of the stories and experiences shared about challenging work hours, crazy deadlines, sleepless nights, high expectations, extreme professionalism and diligence could make you question if you are really prepared for this. Then you factor in the fact that your primary work location is majorly in LAGOS. It may not be easy, but some persons are thriving. This thread is for those who have or are currently working with the big4. how has it been for you so far?. how do you stay afloat?. what are the major challenges?, and what would you advice those just about to enter to watch out for. congrats to those who just got the offers.
Let's share....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by MacMaster01(m): 8:04am On Jun 25, 2015
Nice topic!!
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 25, 2015
MacMaster01:
Nice topic!!
cheesy cheesy.. you go like the topic na...

I have heard about the crazy deadlines, working on weekends sometimes, travelling esp for those in audit...

But me thinks that no matter how challenging it's, there's just so much to learn..the exposure too.. cool cool

Besides, no work is easy these days ooo.. you must make an impact before you're paid... ssooo? If you don't want to be under any form of pressure, then have your own business shikena kiss

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Jamean(f): 8:48am On Jun 25, 2015
Watch this space....

1 Like

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by MacMaster01(m): 9:10am On Jun 25, 2015
MarvellousGod:

I have heard about the crazy deadlines, working on weekends sometimes, travelling esp for those in audit...

But me thinks that no matter how challenging it's, there's just so much to learn..the exposure too.. cool cool

Besides, no work is easy these days ooo.. you must make an impact before you're paid... ssooo? If you don't want to be under any form of pressure, then have your own business shikena kiss

I've been hearing abt this audit of a thing.. thank God I didn't choose it lol

1 Like

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by emekamn(m): 9:21am On Jun 25, 2015
Following
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 25, 2015
MacMaster01:

I've been hearing abt this audit of a thing.. thank God I didn't choose it lol
Forget about what you chose ooo.. They'll place you after the training. ..

But whichever dept, you'll surely thrive. ..

1 Like

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Yeahreen(m): 9:35am On Jun 25, 2015
Just here to read comments lipsrsealed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by prelinctus: 9:42am On Jun 25, 2015
Jamean:
Watch this space....
Bad space booking. Lol
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by prelinctus: 9:44am On Jun 25, 2015
Op, we're still in the 2nd quarter now. angry
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by dubaiprince: 9:49am On Jun 25, 2015
please those working with any of the big 4 should share their experience so we can learn.
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by masagoody(m): 10:24am On Jun 25, 2015
prelinctus:
Op, we're still in the 2nd quarter now. angry
preparation of the mind is necessary... besides, some persons just got offer letters from PWC two days ago
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by ProjectAnalyst: 1:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
Jarus (U shud v people working dia), deturla (deloitte), masonkz( PwC), 2nri (E&Y), SegunMike (Kpmg), achmed1 (PwC), funkystanl (PwC), Dmilanista (deloitte)... U ppl shud cum help out pls.

David470, mayb frontpage will do as some upfront info will be useful

Also, ACCA OR ICAN...for dis Big4, is it necessary? Or based on ur unit...Highlight pls.
Thanks In Advance!
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
I never worked in any of them, but I'm somehow close to them. I have friends in all of them and I also have professional relationship with them as I have had to work with all of them as consultants to different companies I have worked for.

They are all a good place to work for. One of the best places anyone can work. The pay not so juicy but you have solid training and you have brand that can earn you opportunities in the future.

Yes, they have crazy deadlines, sometimes work on weekends. On a lighter note, they also brush you up and refine you from your ayam English to a (locally acquired) fonee speaking fellow that speaks from the nose. grin

ICAN/ACCA is not compulsory if you don't plan to go into auditing and tax. Advisory people hardly need all these.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
*Walks in with a bag of popcorn
*Unfolds chair
*Take a sit
*Puts on my shades
*and chews away at my bag of popcorn

2 Likes

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
masagoody:
preparation of the mind is necessary... besides, some persons just got offer letters from PWC two days ago
Success mails. Not offer letters undecided

1 Like

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Lero15(m): 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
MarvellousGod:

OMG.... I love this post! kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by masagoody(m): 2:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
ControlX:
Success mails. Not offer letters undecided
thanks
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by DMilanista: 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2015
Jarus:
I never worked in any of them, but I'm somehow close to them. I have friends in all of them and I also have professional relationship with them as I have had to work with all of them as consultants to different companies I have worked for.

They are all a good place to work for. One of the best places anyone can work. The pay not so juicy but you have solid training and you have brand that can earn you opportunities in the future.

Yes, they have crazy deadlines, sometimes work on weekends. On a lighter note, they also brush you up and refine you from your ayam English to a (locally acquired) fonee speaking fellow that speaks from the nose. grin

ICAN/ACCA is not compulsory if you don't plan to go into auditing and tax. Advisory people hardly need all these.
Jarus has said it all. For ICAN/ACCA, it's compulsory if u are going into tax, audit, accounting and financial advisory. Though, u need not be certified before coming in for audit and tax, but u v to be chartered before coming in for accounting and financial advisory.
We look forward to seeing u all.

3 Likes

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
The small four to the Engineers cheesy grin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by masagoody(m): 3:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
majekdom2:
The small four to the Engineers cheesy grin.

the financial engineers abi..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
masagoody:

the financial engineers abi..
*rolls eyes* dunno what u talking about.

1 Like

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
Following
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by scoobs: 5:16pm On Jun 25, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by ProjectAnalyst: 10:27pm On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Princess042(f): 7:40am On Jun 29, 2015
Please we need more opinions

David470, lalasticlala, ishilove, seun help us move this to front page
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 29, 2015
Davide470, please do the needful.
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by ednut1(m): 7:59am On Jun 29, 2015
Princess042:
Please we need more opinions

David470, lalasticlala, ishilove, seun
help us move this to front page
shebi u wud soon experience it na. hv patience na hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Princess042(f): 8:54am On Jun 29, 2015
ednut1:
shebi u wud soon experience it na. hv patience na hehehehe

Lol, we need to know what we are getting into
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:09am On Jun 29, 2015
Abeq......una don see INTROVERT today? angry

Emmmm.....back to the topic,
Whats even the topic?? Someone shud remind me
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by sexaddict08(m): 9:10am On Jun 29, 2015
make i park here small

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Boy Who Works As A Vulcanizer In Ibadan / Python Falls Through Ceiling Into Bank During Staff Meeting In China / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.