Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Excessive Menstral Flow - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Excessive Menstral Flow (1193 Views)

Is Excessive Drinking Habit A Cause For Being Pot Bellied? / Help, Can Her Husband Big Manhood Afect The Flow Of Her Period / :smart Way To Cure Menstral Pains And Prevent Pregnancy At Same Time.ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excessive Menstral Flow by theolar: 11:05pm On Dec 20, 2012
For about a year now I have noticed that on the second day of my period to the third day my menstral flow is unusually heavy. I mean its so bad that one pad gets full in less than 2hours and that can be uncomfortable especially when at work. I am currently trying to lose weight to see if there would be a change. Just want to know has anybody ever experienced that.
Re: Excessive Menstral Flow by mightlove(f): 1:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
are you using any contraceptive? For me i had very heavy flow when i had a copper iud on, that was the only time i experienced such or close. Please, get help from a doctor ASAP before you become anemic and whatever is causing that needs to be addressed.
Re: Excessive Menstral Flow by theolar: 10:31pm On Dec 24, 2012
@ mightlove I am not on any contraceptive. I have been trying to think back and think what could have caused it but can't come up wit anytin aside from weight gain. Anyway thanks
Re: Excessive Menstral Flow by agiboma(f): 12:43am On Dec 26, 2012
You should go nd get a scan done could be something else is going on. I had this problem befor it was also accompanied by a lot of pain and cramps. I had a scan done and it showed i had fibroids and a polyp, so go and get checked out.
Re: Excessive Menstral Flow by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
Dear,heavy bleeding(menorrhagia) has a subjective definition. Since its difficult to quantify the amount of blood loss. However,complaints like menses disrupting usually activities,using increased number of pad,tiredness,longer duration of flow,can help tag someone as having menorrhagia.

Did you get your get your present job around the same time this problem start? Stress (including vigorous exercise) can cause hormonal imbalance which can lead to heavy bleeding,especially as you are trying to loss weight. other possible causes include fibriod and other tumors(including cancers),IUD(intra uterine device),drugs including anti inflammatory drugs,bleeding disorder.

Some girls have heavy menses during their puberty while some during menopause. The mechanisms isn't necessary here.

Other times,the cause is not known.

If you find your menses so distressing i advice you visit a gynaecologist,for proper evaluation. The earlier the better.
Re: Excessive Menstral Flow by theolar: 1:50am On Dec 27, 2012
Dear centej , I really can't facTor stress as d issue.But I have had cause to use diclofenac in d past but am not sure I can tie it to d same period. I am just trying to lose weight and notice if dere mite be change. The first day is always very very small almost like a case of spotting but d second and third days are d trouble days. In years past my flow has been considerably regular. The excessive flow is witout pain or cramps. Thanks
Re: Excessive Menstral Flow by Nobody: 4:18am On Dec 27, 2012
For now,i will advice you suspend you weight reducing exercise especially if your not over weight.
And plan a visit to a gynaecologist.
Re: Excessive Menstral Flow by tosho07(m): 1:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
eat garlic and honey always it works well

(1) (Reply)

Eight Sleeping Positions And Their Effects On Health / Ebola: NSA Warned Health Ministry Before Sawyer’s Visit / Ebola-positive Nurse Passed Away This Morning - Relatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.