Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ (7665 Views)

Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans / RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by Abali1(m): 11:40am On Dec 21, 2012
Can anyone project a price range for this phone?
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by lafuria1(m): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2012
as long as BIS in nigeria will remain the same, this phone will make sales.
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
RIM wants to wake up

Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
Abali1:

I have always been a fan of Iphone and androids, especially HTC. But from the look of things, I may just go for this Phone when it is finally released.

must we buy every phone?
these guys are just ripping us off
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by mrdrizzy(m): 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
cameronese: I had never been a fan of Blackberry but I think I like this... Gonna ditch ma iPhone-5 for this
do u even have an iphone 5
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by mrdrizzy(m): 12:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
HQ: When they release the other one with the QWERTY keyboard, let me know.

I'm skipping for now.
dude what planet are u in,the new age of smartfone dnt use qwerty,u should no dat by nw,do me a favour and serch google urself
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by mrdrizzy(m): 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2012
Abali1: Can anyone project a price range for this phone?
with the hype and ppl claiming its gonna contest iphone 5(blackberry fans view) m guess it should be 600-700$,my guess though
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
mr.drizzy:
dude what planet are u in,the new age of smartfone dnt use qwerty,u should no dat by nw,do me a favour and serch google urself

Ever heard of the term "preference"? I type faster on a physical keyboard (like the Bold 9900). I don't really enjoy typing on a touch screen, unless it's a wide device like the Galaxy S3.

One of the reasons I still have a BB around is the physical keyboard.

I think you haven't had to type out a long email on your mobile before. You think all we use smartphones for is games and social media?

2 Likes

Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by ochukoccna: 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
Why are Apple fan boys so pensive &agitated about the release of BB10?
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by mrdrizzy(m): 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2012
HQ:

Ever heard of the term "preference"? I type faster on a physical keyboard (like the Bold 9900). I don't really enjoy typing on a touch screen, unless it's a wide device like the Galaxy S3.

I think you haven't had to type out a long email on your mobile before. You think all we use smartphones for is games and social media?
i said the latest smartfones dnt use it,so if u still wonna be inda loop stay with the qwerty and also the iphone is good in typing,jst speak for urself,thats what ur good @ ,typing on qwerty,and also did i mention games,dude u've lost it
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
This phone is doomed to fail!
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by femionasan(m): 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
HQ:

You need not waste time explaining things to some people. It is known worldwide that bb's were preferred cos of their qwerty keyboard, there is definitely going to be a physical keyboard version.
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
mrkels: *saving for it* cheesy

Gonna wait for d 'uk used' ones.....
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by mrdrizzy(m): 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
femionasan:

You need not waste time explaining things to some people. It is known worldwide that bb's were preferred cos of their qwerty keyboard, there is definitely going to be a physical keyboard version.
i only pray qwerty is good,bt new age fone dnt have one,i am currenty using a qwerty
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by femionasan(m): 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
mr.drizzy:
i only pray qwerty is good,bt new age fone dnt have one,i am currenty using a qwerty

Sir, that is why HQ said preference. Preference means you have a choice. RIM will not phase out the qwerty keyboard. Google blackberry 10 images and you will see the leaked pictures for the physical keyboard device.
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by cameronese(m): 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
I wish we could go back to when phones wasn't that smart grin
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by mrdrizzy(m): 2:01pm On Dec 21, 2012
femionasan:

Sir, that is why HQ said preference. Preference means you have a choice. RIM will not phase out the qwerty keyboard. Google blackberry 10 images and you will see the leaked pictures for the physical keyboard device.
oh great we all have our choice..really miss the days when our fone wasnt smart and blackberry and apple were jst fruit..lolzz
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by Evad(m): 2:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
ITbomb: I believe its time for me to get one of these smartphones.

Sent from my Nokia 3310® wireless phone provided by Nitel.

And the truth shall set you free
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by kingsceemark(m): 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2012
kels on point: My problem with dis fone will be the price cos I don't buy phones above 50k grin
Then wait 4 your time
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
HQ: When they release the other one with the QWERTY keyboard, let me know.

I'm skipping for now.

mr.drizzy:

Mr Drizzy, what is wrong in having preference for a QWERTY phone? Is it everything that is in vogue one must follow even if it's not convenient?

I love typing very very fast on my phone and I don't think a touchscreen phone can allow me do that without unnecessary errors.

I just love that feeling when I'm doing 'pin pin pin' very fast and also looking at the phone screen at the same time. I'm at the stage when I can type while not necessarily looking at the keypad.

So I'm sticking with my physical keypad till I'm comfortably convinced otherwise.

It's just like saying electronic storage will replace paper storage. Even with the technology we have today, has it totally replaced it?

PS: These are purely my views and mine only.
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by 2sexy(m): 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

Mr Drizzy, what is wrong in having preference for a QWERTY phone? Is it everything that is in vogue one must follow even if it's not convenient?

I love typing very very fast on my phone and I don't think a touchscreen phone can allow me do that without unnecessary errors.

I just love that feeling when I'm doing 'pin pin pin' very fast and also looking at the phone screen at the same time. I'm at the stage when I can type while not necessarily looking at the keypad.

So I'm sticking with my physical keypad till I'm comfortably convinced otherwise.

It's just like saying electronic storage will replace paper storage. Even with the technology we have today, has it totally replace it?

you dis lady... So me and you na dis samething.

I type very fast as well and dont even look at the screen when typing.

Dat means you dey send txt tire like fire.
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
2sexy: you dis lady... So me and you na dis samething.

I type very fast as well and dont even look at the screen when typing.

Dat means you dey send txt tire like fire.

Guy, me and you no dey for the same level oh; your level pass my own wella! I'm still at the training stage as per not looking at the keypad while typing.
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by 2sexy(m): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
rafhell:

must we buy every phone?
these guys are just ripping us off
that's a legal way to steal money if ask me. Business men understand human nature, they carry out researches and they use what they find to make, market and sell products.

I dont fall into the category of people who just buy everything off the shelve or to impress people.

Since I read Rich Dad's Guide To Investment, I finally understood how businesses think. I often delete TXT from MTN, GLO sent to purchase one thing or the Other....

BB,BB,BB, BB,BB ooo. E never end now? Even small pikin dey use BB now.

Bro, when you see people being crazy over something, position yourself and make money off it.... It's call BUSINESS!

Na now I wan even change my phone sef just because of my chic and whatsapp things. If not, I am very OK with what I am using.
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by mrdrizzy(m): 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

It's just like saying electronic storage will replace paper storage. Even with the technology we have today, has it totally replaced it?

who says u cant ype with a touchscreen fone,u adapt to things dear,we formally use the short 123 keypad nw this,who says u cnt adapt to it,i actually think that screen pad is nice,the lexicon is on,u dnt need to type d whole word its already shown,u select jst like the samsung s3 and nexus,its ur view though
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by mrdrizzy(m): 4:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
2sexy: that's a legal way to steal money if ask me. Business men understand human nature, they carry out researches and they use what they find to make, market and sell products.

I dont fall into the category of people who just buy everything off the shelve or to impress people.

Since I read Rich Dad's Guide To Investment, I finally understood how businesses think. I often delete TXT from MTN, GLO sent to purchase one thing or the Other....

BB,BB,BB, BB,BB ooo. E never end now? Even small pikin dey use BB now.

Bro, when you see people being crazy over something, position yourself and make money off it.... It's call BUSINESS!

Na now I wan even change my phone sef just because of my chic and whatsapp things. If not, I am very OK with what I am using.
thank u my brother bb don loose value.even 5yr old kid has it..thats y blackberry fell so low in the top 5 smartfones,well anyhw,hope this new fone myt help bring them bck,oh! Theres one feature i aint seeing,the secondary camera it doesnt seem to be there,that mean no viop and skype,.i hope am wrong sha,havnt really gone throug the features sha
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
2sexy: Na now I wan even change my phone sef just because of my chic and whatsapp things. If not, I am very OK with what I am using.

Hmmm, I comment my reserve!
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
mr.drizzy:
who says u cant ype with a touchscreen fone,u adapt to things dear,we formally use the short 123 keypad nw this,who says u cnt adapt to it,i actually think that screen pad is nice,the lexicon is on,u dnt need to type d whole word its already shown,u select jst like the samsung s3 and nexus,its ur view though

Like I said, my views, my opinions. I'm not ready to experience with another phone.

Off topic:Can I ask you something if you don't mind? The above post, was it done on your 'touchscreen' phone?

You just jutaxposed everything together; no stoppage, everything is just pause, pause, pause, pause till the end.
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
redcliff: Like you have an Iphone.mtchew

Do I look like a liar to you?
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by mrdrizzy(m): 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

Like I said, my views, my opinions. I'm not ready to experience with another phone.

Off topic:Can I ask you something if you don't mind? The above post, was it done on your 'touchscreen' phone?

You just jutaxposed everything together; no stoppage, everything is just pause, pause, pause, pause till the end.
girls and bb,abeg i no argue again..continue using ur qwerty..the world is evolving so is technology
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by Dabss(m): 1:01am On Dec 22, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

ever heard of 'swype keyboard'?
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by ITbomb(m): 2:16am On Dec 22, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:
ever heard of 'swype keyboard'?
No
What is it?
Another smartphone?
Re: Rim’s Blackberry 10 To Be Called The ‘Z10′ by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 22, 2012
Has the price been realesed?if so pls post

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not / Help Me Unlock Huawei Model B5142 Mtn 4g LTE Router / Multichoice To Launch Pay-per-view Subscription Mode To Dstv/gotv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.