Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? (13018 Views)

Fun Facts About "Boxing Day" The 26th Of December / The Literal Meaning Of Boxing Day / My Birthday Is 26th June,my Girl Is Also 26th June (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by xuleiman: 4:08am On Dec 23, 2012
oya xtains make una clap 4 una self so NO one cld suport his claims wt a single biblical verse!!!! hmmm.why do wat u do not noe de reason why itz celebrated ? ur bible is full of innovations....so i th4 dear 2 ask is de bible truely GOD's word ?
Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by Richieboyn: 6:24am On Dec 23, 2012
pak:

Mighty gaffe . . .

First class graduate, you didn't do your homework well this time around.

First off, Jesus wasn't born on any Dec 25 - Nobody conducts a local census in winter(unless you stay in the tropics). And Shepherds don't stay outside watching flocks in freezing cold.

two, the three wise men must have presented their gifts between a year or two after Jesus was born, not the next day. They saw his star in the far east and traveled all the way to the middle east. There were no planes nor trains in them days. And after they got to Jerusalem, they still took some time to locate him.

So I guess the OP should listen to the inputs of earlier posters

see u wey de correct psn. The bible never said that there were THREE wise men. All it kept on statinq was "WISE MEN." the fact that they presented three qifts doesn't mean they were three in number.

1 Like

Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 23, 2012
okpara ugo: I dont want to google this. Let us hear it from nairalanders.

25th is Christmas day. 26th is boxing day. Who are we boxing
Moi je n`se pas
Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by toygod2: 7:31am On Dec 23, 2012
because,on 26th is wen beautiful boxes are made!
Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by Revolva(m): 7:40am On Dec 23, 2012
A day you box your friends face !!! Gbosa and start a fight after so much booze on christmas day
Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 23, 2012
Is just because on xmas everybody we be catching fun. So d next day they we be sharing gift 2 each other. Package inside box
Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by dulphines: 7:56am On Dec 23, 2012
olas2u: you open boxes of gifts after the previous day
Good one olas2u. Thread closed!
Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by ehispapa(m): 8:29am On Dec 23, 2012
a day you open your box of gift received the previous day(s)
Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by Adesiji77: 10:49am On Dec 23, 2012
anelka101: holly mary, the mother of Jesus they try ooooo.
She always born on decembers but you nairalanders are so wicked,by april now,you guys will nail him on the cross and we will be happy that we are celebating easter, coming december he will be born againg
may God forgive u nairalander

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by Adesiji77: 10:51am On Dec 23, 2012
xuleiman: oya xtains make una clap 4 una self so NO one cld suport his claims wt a single biblical verse!!!! hmmm.why do wat u do not noe de reason why itz celebrated ? ur bible is full of innovations....so i th4 dear 2 ask is de bible truely GOD's word ?

The fact that some professed xtians are following traditions of men and not the Bible does not invalidate the word of God.
Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by Chitexs250(m): 1:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
Warlord3000: Oya make I help U̶̲̥̅̊ ask google.. smiley
grin
Warlord3000: Oya make I help U̶̲̥̅̊ ask google.. smiley

Guy I gbadu ur style
Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by sniperwolf(m): 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2012
For opening of the boxes of gift received
Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by pak: 2:28am On Dec 24, 2012
Richieboyn:

see u wey de correct psn. The bible never said that there were THREE wise men. All it kept on statinq was "WISE MEN." the fact that they presented three qifts doesn't mean they were three in number.

You are right
Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by fuckluv(f): 8:33am On Dec 24, 2012
jmoore:
When was the last time you gave someone a gift? smh
i wonder o.
Re: Why Is 26th December Tagged Boxing Day ??? by Prexzi(m): 11:05am On Dec 24, 2012
outrage: Mike tyson made his 26th knock out on 26th december. That's why.

It has been calld Boxin day b4 he was given birth to.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News From Naijahottestgist / Get And Join Illuminati Kingdom Be Rich And Famous,call Agent Jude:09032222181 / Wife Falsely Accuses Husband Of Plotting To 'Blow Up Plane'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.