Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,238 members, 7,953,889 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:24 AM

Website ! I Need You Comment - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website ! I Need You Comment (1144 Views)

Help Review This Website I Redesigned For Lekki British School / Hello Every1 Am A Young Writer Pls.check Out The Website I Built Using Nokia X2 / Hosting Account For A Forum Website (i Need Your Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website ! I Need You Comment by smartsoft(m): 12:32am On Apr 26, 2006
Pls can someone critize the site for me, ?? before i go further i just need you critisim. http://www.smartsoft-ng.com

Thanks
Re: Website ! I Need You Comment by my2cents(m): 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2006
smartsoft,

call me crazy, anal and over-patriotic but when I go to a Nigerian website that features pple on it, I expect to see actual Nigerian pple on there. So unless you have a compelling reason to show oyibo, use photo of Nigerians for starters. Other than that:

- the layout, though boilerplate, is okay.

- Remove the flash movie OR make it loop just once. The continuous motion tends to make me nauseous, literally.

- Add a footer to the page

- Remove your phone number from the header section and stick that on your contact us page

- All your nav options can pretty much be compressed into a "Services" option. That would allow you to have other options like "about us". etc

Just my 2 cents. Any others care to chime in?
Re: Website ! I Need You Comment by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:49am On Apr 29, 2006
All i can say is beware of copyright infringement. it can work against your client in the future

I see three graphic elements that form a sizable portion of your frontpage that was lifted from other websites and not modified at all

The middle banner with 4 images was from Accenture
the Contact us button is from Ceonex

Yours :

Theirs

No offence but you have visited two great-looking sites (that might fail some standards tests), why not adopt a style that works for you based on those sitesĀ  rather than mish-mashing diffrent site graphics and html together.

Good effort, I think if you go over it with a pencil and a paper before actually doing it on a computer, it wil turn out fine
Re: Website ! I Need You Comment by IAH(f): 2:41pm On Apr 29, 2006
Hehehe, I agree with my2cents on that oyinbo pictures part. cheesy Smartsoft, sebi it's you. You have pretty girlfriends now, put their pictures there. cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Best Naija Webhost With Php Support / Clicking External Links In Nairaland Takes You Off The Forum / My Site Is Now Official!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.