Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Whats Your Take On This Site - Please Review. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Whats Your Take On This Site - Please Review. (539 Views)

Help!!! Help!!! Who Can Assist Me In Creating A Wapka Site..please Help Me / I Need Help With My Site Please!!!!! / I Need Constructive Review Of This Site, Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Your Take On This Site - Please Review. by databoy247(m): 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2012
Am not really good at doing this but i just feel i should seek further opinions. What do you think about this site i just finished www.emomasglobalservices.com

Please no boasters or downgraders. Just your honest opinion.
Re: Whats Your Take On This Site - Please Review. by ojochidem(m): 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2012
Cool bro. I feel the EMOMAS on the header shd be bold enuf.
Re: Whats Your Take On This Site - Please Review. by databoy247(m): 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2012
^^ hmm....i don tire oh.
Re: Whats Your Take On This Site - Please Review. by yawatide(f): 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
1) The content area of the site is too light. Darken the background a little bit so as to make the content area stand out more
2) Contact form: I entered "dd" in all fields and got an error for "name" and "comments". What kind of rule did I violate there? It would be nice to explain to the user
3) Ensure that all forms are consistent: Why use one (better-looking) form on "request quote" and another for "contact"?
4) Still on forms: Why use a 3rd party form on, I assume, a corporate website? Doesn't look professional plus now, that company has access to all emails sent to them

2 Likes

Re: Whats Your Take On This Site - Please Review. by databoy247(m): 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
1) The content area of the site is too light. Darken the background a little bit so as to make the content area stand out more
2) Contact form: I entered "dd" in all fields and got an error for "name" and "comments". What kind of rule did I violate there? It would be nice to explain to the user
3) Ensure that all forms are consistent: Why use one (better-looking) form on "request quote" and another for "contact"?
4) Still on forms: Why use a 3rd party form on, I assume, a corporate website? Doesn't look professional plus now, that company has access to all emails sent to them

Will work on the isues pointed out. Regarding the 3rd party form, i got tired and the job (what i did) is actually synonymous with the pay. You pay a professional fee to get a professional job. grin
Re: Whats Your Take On This Site - Please Review. by damola1: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2012
databoy247:

Will work on the isues pointed out. Regarding the 3rd party form, i got tired and the job (what i did) is actually synonymous with the pay. You pay a professional fee to get a professional job. grin

Do not dilute your standard , rather reject the job, as your standard will be what a lot of people will judge you with... people like me. I have referred some of my friends even to people I never met just because I think their work is good.
Re: Whats Your Take On This Site - Please Review. by yawatide(f): 7:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
^^^ to follow up:
1) You already gave them one form. You would basically be copying and pasting for the other form. What's the difference?

2) As the guy above me has said, and I have done this a lot, you could have said, "For this amount, I will create a page that says, 'contact us (with the link going to the contact page) for more details on how to request a quote". This approach, though not good, is at least better than what you have there. What do you think will happen (directly or indirectly) to you if he asked someone like me for a professional opinion? I will tell him exactly what I am telling you and there is a very good chance he will lose respect for you and not recommend you to others.

Always do it well to the end. It's not about how much you make today alone but how much you stand to make in the future...it's about building future relationships.
Re: Whats Your Take On This Site - Please Review. by elnino3(m): 8:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
dont complain about the pay, just design every site as if its your swansong....

pls change the links..use a better permalink....at least one that is descriptive enough for our "dear spiders" you might need their sweetness later..

(1) (Reply)

Webmasters Advice Needed / Offering Free Website Design / 6 Reasons Why You Must Keep Visiting Ogbongeblog.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.