Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20709 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
truthislight:

do you used them for worship?

If you do then take note that i dont.
It plays its own role. If your church has a program coming up next month what do you announce or write in your poster? For example- Truthislight ministry invites you to a crusade tagged "TRUTH IS LIGHT". DATE- 10th January, 2013.. Thats the role it plays in worship.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
Very funny justifications for a pagan-derived celebration. Is Christmas really worth holding on to so tightly? What about it is so appealing, with it's obviously dodgy history? Curious.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
TroGunn: Very funny justifications for a pagan-derived celebration. Is Christmas really worth holding on to so tightly? What about it is so appealing, with it's obviously dodgy history? Curious.

Am not a christmas freak yet i wont also accept the pagan preaching you people are doing here. We are celebrating Christ and not whatever you people are talking here about paganism.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
"e author=Rich4god]
From what you guys have been saying, i still havent seen any reason why xmas is pagan.
[/quote]

that is because of your mind set on the issue.
Please yourself.

Rich4god:
And mind you, the truthslyt is basing his reason on the fact that dec 25th is used for sun god

dont lie against me oh!

I said that birth day celebration is pegan and as such it was not done by servant of Yahweh.

Chrismas is a birthday celebrtion that true servant of God never got invoked in and as such Jesus will have nothing to do with it.

Rich4god:
christmas that day is pagan worship.

but this is true.

Chrismas is model after the pegan sun god worship and not just about the day.

The tree
the fruits
the santa
the exchange of gift giving on a particular date

Rich4god:
(did you now see how he relatted sun god worship ro xmas.)... Now, in the same way using truthlyt logic, am telling you that the day in which you celebrate Nisan 14 is equally attributed to a spirit/idol (according to truthlyt)

you dont even have a common respect for the commandment of Jesus christ.

He said "keep doing this in remembrance of me". Luke 22:19.

Rich4god:
so in the same way, you are equallly worship that spirit on that particular day.

it is your word against the words of Jesus christ then.

Meanwhile, stop lying on me, saying that i had said that Chrismas is wrong because it is celebrated on a pegan date only as though it is not a birthday celebration.

That ^^^ is false statement ascribed to me.

I said that birthday celebration is a pegan practice meant to worship the spirit incharge of the day of ones birth and it involves self worship based on the notion that humans are gods.

A practice exclusive to pegans, a practice that no true servant of Yahweh or followers of christ indulged in.

So, your lies here is appalling. Stop it.

Develop the fear of God.
Liars will not inherit God's kingdom.

Meanwhile this is the words of Jesus you are rubbing in the mud because of your traditions:

"And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave it to them, saying, This is my body which is given to you in my behalf: keep doing this in remembrance of me. " (Luke 22:19).

Peace "

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
alexleo:

Am not a christmas freak yet i wont also accept the pagan preaching you people are doing here. We are celebrating Christ and not whatever you people are talking here about paganism.

You are a christmas freak my bro......if you were not Ýou won't defend a pagan founded festival with all your strength..............you are not celebrating Christ,you are celebrating greed and self gratification...........smh!!!!!....
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
;DFeas grin ;Dt of sun god was on 25th dec of the julian calendar which is 7th jan in the current gregorian calendar so where's all this sun god stuff comming fom
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2012
chukwudi44: JWs seem to be dodging my questions.I will ask again.why are the JWs still using the 'pagan' roman names for the calendar months? Why haven't they created their own 'christian'calendar

no body makes use of pegan months for worship, or do you?

Chrismas is use for worship and that is the issue here.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
ijawkid:

You are a christmas freak my bro......if you were not Ýou won't defend a pagan founded festival with all your strength..............you are not celebrating Christ,you are celebrating greed and self gratification...........smh!!!!!....
Irrelevant reply

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
alexleo:
It plays its own role. If your church has a program coming up next month what do you announce or write in your poster? For example- Truthislight ministry invites you to a crusade tagged "TRUTH IS LIGHT". DATE- 10th January, 2013.. Thats the role it plays in worship.

month and dates has nothing to do with my form of worship QED.

It will not be taken as something during and after.

Christ death is the christian command that i know.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
chukwudi44: ;DFeas grin ;Dt of sun god was on 25th dec of the julian calendar which is 7th jan in the current gregorian calendar so where's all this sun god stuff comming fom

Did the yuletide and saturnalia escape your notice??......oboy xmas is just a myth and a fraud and pagan.......
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
alexleo:

You won't accept because you believe the pagan origin story is untrue or that the origin is irrelevant as long we claim it's for Christ though Christ didn't command it?

Which?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
truthislight:

no body makes use of pegan months for worship, or do you?

Chrismas is use for worship and that is the issue here.
The tree
the fruits
the santa
the exchange of gift giving on a particular date

And who tells you that Santa, xmas tree and co are used for worship. They are there just for the sake and of fun and decoration. Plz try to reason things out before you comment.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2012
Something that i want you guys to understand is that if pagans did/used something before, that does not make it a pagan practice when a christian uses it. Get that into your head.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
Rich4god: Something that i want you guys to understand is that if pagans did/used something before, that does not make it a pagan practice when a christian uses it. Get that into your head.

So, are you saying it's ok to pick a Sango worship festival, give it a Christian name while retaining the practices used by the Sango worshipers, right? And this, even though God expressly forbade His worshipers from copying pagan religious practices?

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
TroGunn:

So, are you saying it's ok to pick a Sango worship festival, give it a Christian name while retaining the practices used by the Sango worshipers, right? And this, even though God expressly forbade His worshipers from copying pagan religious practices?
Which of the pagan practice did xmas retain.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
alexleo:
I said that birthday celebration is a pegan practice meant to worship the spirit incharge of the day of ones birth and it involves self worship based on the notion that humans are gods.
Plz give me a break and think maturedly. On my birthday... I wake up in the morning, given God thanks and praise for having preserve for the past one year, knowing fully well that some of my mate might have died along the year. At the evening time, i organize a mini reception for my friends to join me in thanking God for what he has done for me. Now, point out what is pagan about me celebration or where did i raise/celebrate myself to the status of a god.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
Rich4god: @plapville and co... Keep on shouting that christmas is pagan practice whilst we that celebrate it know fully well that our action and activities are channeled toward God almighty. Before tha coming of christianity, pagans have temples where they worship. Do you now say that our church building are copy cat to pagan temples. I far as i know, you have no juridiction criticize anyone cos even you are still guilty of pagan practice. Why do you still use/wear wedding ring knowing fully well that pagans stated it. [b] Thats why i keep saying that you are being myopic in your jugdment.

So you still dey insist on this "true2god" diverting issue? grin now lets put an end to it now by looking at the what the Scripture says about Ring.
I believe we have seen that jewelry has been treadted here already, maybe you want to prove a point on the use of Ring in wedding.

The Scripture shows all evidence that the use of Ring is positive. With the few passages i have read, I'm yet to see where it indicate, either directly or indirectly, that
the wearing of rings (wedding bands or otherwise) is wrong. (Genesis 41:41-42) records Joseph’s acceptanc of a ring given him by Pharoah.

Because of Joseph"s faithful service to God, God favoured him in Pharoah’s eyes. as a result,Joseph was promotioned to the second highest office in Egypt.
If this had been displeasing to God, He (God) would ve made it known to Joseph. Futher chapters of Genesis show that Joseph continued to receive God’s blessing and guidance.

In the later centuries, the Israelites offered their rings toward the construction of the Tabernacle (Ex. 35:22). They certainly had it with them when calling on God to free them from Egype, God did answer thier prayers. If you hve read the entire exodus you will know that there's nothing in any of the previous scriptures that shows that they were doing this because God did not approve of the wearing of rings. In chapter 32, it tells us that Moses burned the golden calf (made from the people’s earrings) , ground it into dust, and cast it into the drinking water. The jewelry was not bad, but rather the use of it to create an idol.

Take a look again at Christ’s parable of the prodigal son (Luke 15:11-32), this parable showed God’s love toward a repentant sinner.
InLuke 15:22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
The father "symbolic of God" instructs his servants, “…Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet.”

Do you see the use of ring does not originated from Pagan use? Scripture is the only tool you need to us to hold your stands when dealing with Godly matters.
Christmas has been proven times without numbers, There are several negetive proves of birthday in the bible, and not even one positive account.

So should you be on the positive practice or the negetive? the choice is yours/ours. No one is forcing anyone here to stay away from Christmas, Scripture has given enough enlightenment since this thread. So my brother, The choice is always ours, God put forth His word, then we make the choice either to work with it are not.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by jackname: 12:38am On Dec 29, 2012
What has gone wrong with this thread? have i commited any crime? I can't understand why i can no longer comment/post in any thread in NL.
Well, let this thread continue in peace, it was not meant to mock but to teach and learn from mistakes.

I hope to solve matters with the Moderator that resticted me from posting so we can get to a point on this thread.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by jackname: 12:48am On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god: Before the advent of christianity, pagans do sing hyms and songs of worship to gods in their temple. So you all will have to do away with singing of songs/hyms to God Almighty as it has pagan origin. Plapville and co, am sure you sing in your church/place of worship. So plz, stop been selective in your judgement.

You are only trying to divert this thread, i will definately be back to qoute your posts as soon as i resolve with the moderator.....

I PLAPPVILE is temporary out of service in NL... grin grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by jackname: 12:49am On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god: @plapville and co... Keep on shouting that christmas is pagan practice whilst we that celebrate it know fully well that our action and activities are channeled toward God almighty. Before tha coming of christianity, pagans have temples where they worship. Do you now say that our church building are copy cat to pagan temples. I far as i know, you have no juridiction criticize anyone cos even you are still guilty of pagan practice. Why do you still use/wear wedding ring knowing fully well that pagans stated it. Thats why i keep saying that you are being myopic in your jugdment.

My reply to this is hidden, i hope they release it soon... grin grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by jackname: 1:07am On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god:
Plz give me a break and think maturedly. On my birthday... I wake up in the morning, given God thanks and praise for having preserve for the past one year, knowing fully well that some of my mate might have died along the year. At the evening time, i organize a mini reception for my friends to join me in thanking God for what he has done for me. Now, point out what is pagan about me celebration or where did i raise/celebrate myself to the status of a god.

Do you know that Gods servants did the opposite? they didn't bless the day of thier birth but cursed it. This shows that you have not been following up.

If you are to follow thier example, then you should do like them, that the point we are pointing out.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 3:15am On Dec 29, 2012
jackname:

Do you know that Gods servants did the opposite? they didn't bless the day of thier birth but cursed it. This shows that you have not been following up.

If you are to follow thier example, then you should do like them, that the point we are pointing out.

Unbelievable! You guys just pick the bible, turns it upside down before you read it. Only the woman that is frustrated with life can curse the day she was born! No need to curse, the most appropriate thing to do is to hang yourself angry that way you Will not remember the day you were born. Am sure your brothers ijawkid & truthislight have been cursing the day they were born as well.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 3:34am On Dec 29, 2012
truthislight:
Meanwhile this is the words of Jesus you are rubbing in the mud because of your traditions:

"And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave it to them, saying, This is my body which is given to you in my behalf: keep doing this in remembrance of me. " (Luke 22:19).

Peace "

What manner of logic is this? If you are leaving the house and you tell your children please always remember to keep the doors locked (for security reasons). Is that to say they cannot eat, or they cannot watch the television? Maybe your children will be telling themselves, we should not be doing our homework because the only command daddy left behind is for us to keep the doors locked.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 3:55am On Dec 29, 2012
plappville:
There are several negetive proves of birthday in the bible, and not even one positive account.

Even when I showed you the positive account, you pretend you did not see my post. Just because you want to keep telling yourself that there is not one positive account. Keep deceiving yourself smiley besides, those events were not meant to portray the goodness or 'badness' of birthdays. Birthdays were never the focus. Your interpretation is either your personal opinion or the personal opinion of the man that founded Jehovah Witness organization.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 5:41am On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:
the personal opinion of the man that founded Jehovah Witness organization.

Zikky what is this??..........

If there are aCcounts of servants of God that celebrated there birthdays can you quietly show plapville rather than make comments like the above??.............

Several biblical reasons has been given why no Servant of God starting from abel to the apostles observed there own birthdays let alone the birthdays of others(work of an aproko)....lol...grin...instead of you to seriously ponder upon such salient truth you dey write that thing you write............

Plapville has been correct and will always be..........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 5:43am On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god:

How would you know??...when you failed to read history...............grin........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 6:03am On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:

How would you know??...when you failed to read history...............grin........
Plz tell me cos from my(the) eyes of christianity i didnt see anything pagan in what i did on my birthday.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 6:10am On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:

(Genesis 41:41-42) records Joseph’s acceptanc of a ring given him by Pharoah.
LOL... Is this not the same pharoah who's birthday you guys cited as an example of pagan practice cos he is a pagan. Now what has a servant of God (Joseph)have in common with a pagan and why will he accept a gift from pagans knowing fully well that the gift was made by pagans. I thought servants of God are suppose to keep away from anything that has to do with paganism. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 6:27am On Dec 29, 2012
jackname:

Really... Are you trying to say that the were not happy that God brought them into this world or what...plz explain.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 6:31am On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:

Zikky what is this??..........

If there are aCcounts of servants of God that celebrated there birthdays can you quietly show plapville rather than make comments like the above??.............

Several biblical reasons has been given why no Servant of God starting from abel to the apostles observed there own birthdays let alone the birthdays of others(work of an aproko)....lol...grin...instead of you to seriously ponder upon such salient truth you dey write that thing you write............

Plapville has been correct and will always be..........

Plz, give me the reasons, Maybe am missing something.
Common, stop interpreting the bible just to suit your belief. The birthday account recorded in the bible were in no way cited as a reason for a believer not to celebrate his birthday.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 6:35am On Dec 29, 2012
jackname:

You are only trying to divert this thread, i will definately be back to qoute your posts as soon as i resolve with the moderator.....

I PLAPPVILE is temporary out of service in NL... grin grin

my sis why nah? cry

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 7:12am On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

Unbelievable! You guys just pick the bible, turns it upside down before you read it. Only the woman that is frustrated with life can curse the day she was born! No need to curse, the most appropriate thing to do is to hang yourself angry that way you Will not remember the day you were born. Am sure your brothers ijawkid & truthislight have been cursing the day they were born as well.

my friend you talk with less understanding wisdom and love for Yahweh.

For a world that satan has shattered Yahweh's plans in eden and has brought on death and suffering and has called Yahweh "aliar" you sure do have alot to celebrate about abi ?

Instead of being born into eternal life you are born into a world with sin, pains and suffering and death, bearing in mind that Adam your father was driven out of Yahweh's face in Eden, do you see why the exit from satan's world is a relief? Yes, waiting on Yahweh's new world?

But you with limited knowledge sees like an ant that is stuck on honey cant see things from yehwahs point of views that satan has made mess of this world and has been an insult to Yahweh and Yahweh's plans.

But you are busy celebrating satan and his Demons lies like his worshpers do.

Why do you think that a woman in israel on giving birth is unclean?

Why was there a need for a sin offering for the new born?

My friend, Yahweh's principles are lost on you guys and it is a disgrace that you call yourselves "christians"

You guys have some serious thinking and meditation to do.

That satan used a pope that is completely out of tune with Yahweh's principle you think it is right to closed your eyes to the facts abi?

"It is the flies that does not take advice that follows the copes into the grave"

the principle of Yahweh shows that the birth of a child into this sinful world makes one unclean, this realisation has been the guiding principle for servant of Yahweh, while servant of satan celebrate it.

^^^ on whose side are you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

Hell-bound Christians And Heaven-bound Unbelievers / Taking A Bullet For Someone You Love Is Stealing – Apostle Suleman / 10 Unwholesome Habits You Must Abandon In 2022.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.