Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Odemwingie Takes Swipe At Keshi-ng.supersport.com - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odemwingie Takes Swipe At Keshi-ng.supersport.com (1093 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Odemwingie Takes Swipe At Keshi-ng.supersport.com by Livermeka: 4:06pm On Dec 23, 2012
http://ng.supersport.mobi/football/super-eagles/news/121223/Odemwingie_takes_swipe_at_Keshi

Odemwingie takes swipe at Keshi

West Bromwich Albion striker, Peter Osaze Odemwingie has hit out at Nigeria head coach, Stephen Keshi for excluding him in the Afcon provisional squad.

The 32-year-old posted his outburst via his social media account on Twitter, @OdemwingieP, on Sunday.

Odemwingie did not only hit out at Keshi but also at the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), former Super Eagles' coaches, Samson Siasia and Lars Lagerback as well as the media and recent captains of the national team describing them as "selfish."

The forward in his social media rant, which began from about noon local time (1pm CAT), claimed that his exclusion from the Africa Cup of Nations provisional squad are "all comedy" based on "lies."

The ex-Bendel Insurance man also took out his anger on a number of Twitter account holders who questioned his rant on the social media network.

"On my not inclusion to the Eagles list I am not surprised. Not surprised Keshi and NFF couldn't tell me themselves. No personality!

"We talk through press hahaha how come I am the only stubborn one but no ex-Eagles player was sent off from the team with respect?

"Keshi has no footballing reasons not to invite me but is not saying the truth. He is still in my plans he said haha coach u no dey my plans.

"To some who wanna put mouth here please act like men. When two men talk 3rd has nothing to do. So Ikpeba and the rest talk to me face to face.

"This is all a comedy and our poor fans are being fed with lies while they cutting the cake for themselves.

"(The) NFF spokesman told MTN he is arrogant? I am arrogant? Why did (the) country's president threaten to close down our federation for two years?

"Why didn't Lagerback continue with (the) Super Eagles after (the 2010) World Cup? Chop and run was his plan and they knew it.

"Nigerian fans voted me Nigerian Player of the Year during (the) World Cup qualifiers and I was a spectator in the World Cup and I should be quiet?

"Because after we got Olympic silver I didn't say Siasia is ready for Eagles he waited till he gets the job to axe me?"

"Okay that childish thing about shirt aside. WBA needed me back for (an) important game and Siasia refused to let me miss a midweek friendly game?

"Where is commonsense there? The game was played in an 80,000 capacity stadium with 2,000 spectators. That's how important the game was!

"They can't spoil my name! That's when I ask my self - do we not have a team captain and federation who can tell it's commonsense? And settle the matter ? Na wow oh.

"Then they don't invite (Vincent) Enyeama our number one for a crucial qualifying game because he complained about a flight or something little? Ridiculous.

"This might sound disrespectful but (the) Eagles had no good captain for many years. Everyone looking only after himself.

"Then SWAN sends a letter to NFF to warn me. (Sorry about that tweet didn't mean it that way). But tell your colleagues not to make up stories.

"A wise man advised me after 1st tweet that there r other ways to make someone look stupid. I am not interested in that. Just cleared maself.

"The only reason I write this is for the fans to know my reasons and position on few things and don't think I don't care or too proud.

"After Afcon in Ghana, (the) Eagles fans were satisfied with our performance and Siasia after the tournament said I will take you to the Olympics.

"They sacked Berti Vogts after it though and just a month after that coach Amodu took over! In his first game in charge I didn't even warm up," wrote the angry striker.

Odemwingie also claimed that while declaring his outburst on Twitter, an unnamed NFF official called him to insult him.

He ended his rant saying he could shut down his Twitter account, which is verified.

"NFF member just called me. Of course got insulted. I told him I sang national anthem for ten years to be treated like this.

"That's it on this. Story ended. No more talks about national team again. I've said all I wanted. If will be tempted will go off twitter," he rounded off.

© supersport.com

http://ng.supersport.mobi/football/super-eagles/news/121223/Odemwingie_takes_swipe_at_Keshi
Re: Odemwingie Takes Swipe At Keshi-ng.supersport.com by semid4lyfe(m): 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2012

(1)

How Okocha Almost Made Oliver Kahn Run Mad. Lol / ................. / Breaking News :Onazi Wins Italian Cup With Lazio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.