Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,777 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria (22894 Views)

Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by femzybiz(m): 8:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
Nigerian international, Osaze Odemwingie has hinted that he hasn’t shut the door on his international career,adding that he will be available to play for Nigeria if selected. Odemwingie has been left out of the Super Eagles since February 2012,after he fell out with coach Stephen Keshi and also the Nigerian Football Federation(NFF),taking to the social media,Twitter, to vent his anger.

I would like to play international football again of course, if my country calls on me I will go and help them, I can never say no to my country,” Odemwingie said on the BBC while acting as a pundit in Nigeria’s game against Tahiti in the FIFA Confederations Cup.

The West Brom attacker also had a problem with his club,after he failed to secure a move away from the club in January,to join Queens Park Rangers.

But Odemwingie who was frozen out of West Brom’s team,before making substitute appearances,said that he would likely leave the midlands club in search of regular football.

“I thought things could be done easier, there was a new manager who came in and it didn’t go in my favour. I was moved out of my position. I made my name by scoring goals.” “It looks like I will leave the Hawthorns. We are talking now – but where I’ll end up I don’t know,” Odemwingie said. “I want playing time. Even if it is a team that is not so good, from the Championship – I will go” there as I just want to play.”

2 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by nerodenero: 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2013
Lesson to be learnt from Osaze's saga -When you talk too much,you become highly predictable and end up as a scapegoat.

12 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by nerodenero: 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2013
Lesson to be learnt from Osaze's saga -When you talk too much,you become highly predictable and end up as a scapegoat.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by femzybiz(m): 10:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
You are on point! Everyone wants to be associated with Success. He is probably trying his chance to appear at the world cup. however, in my candid opinion, I still believe we need his service.

17 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by buoye1(m): 12:59am On Jun 19, 2013
Keshi ll decide if he wnts him back
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Maxymilliano(m): 1:00am On Jun 19, 2013
Hmm ... After falling down the pecking order with clubs like Crystal Palace courting your attention, you now know you still wanna play for the national team?

Sorry Bro, try Tahiti if possible grin

8 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by proflangdon(m): 1:04am On Jun 19, 2013
Hmmm... even after his display of madness (my way of putting it), I still believe the Super Eagles needs him. He's a great player..

2 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by eltido(m): 1:05am On Jun 19, 2013
Hmm..everyone loves success.anyhow odemwingie is a better striker than any nigerian striker nw

2 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 19, 2013
keshi pls av mesi,act like a fada,4give n 4get.Rememba d prodigal son,bring him back.Biko

12 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by free2ryhme: 1:07am On Jun 19, 2013
it is too late to cry when the head is off ... bros your time has passed

2 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by SuyaEater(m): 1:10am On Jun 19, 2013
we could use him in brazil right now ...instead of that yeye ideye.....him and emenike will terrorize defenses at next year world cup

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by supaeagles(m): 1:14am On Jun 19, 2013
We should take him back. Part of a coach's job is manage drama queens who are very talented on the field, so Oga Keshi, please let bygones be bygones.

7 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Jamesbrian: 1:16am On Jun 19, 2013
Yeah, most times things don't turn out the way we expect

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by usibengate(m): 1:16am On Jun 19, 2013
This is a result of being ranting, self egoism and loquaciousness. I just hope keshi consider nd add him 2 his plan
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Lilprincey(m): 1:16am On Jun 19, 2013
A player once respectd by many great players, wbrom fans and even courted by big clubs jst wasted his talent. Click LIKE if u think he needs to stop being proud n stubborn.

45 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:20am On Jun 19, 2013
nerodenero: Lesson to be learnt from Osaze's saga -When you talk too much,you become highly predictable and end up as a scapegoat.
nerodenero: Lesson to be learnt from Osaze's saga -When you talk too much,you become highly predictable and end up as a scapegoat.
Are you a stammerer

3 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by colombiana: 1:21am On Jun 19, 2013
NEVER LET UR EGO WRITE U A CHECK UR BODY CAN'T CASH

2 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by lastpage: 1:26am On Jun 19, 2013
Emmadani: keshi pls av mesi,act like a fada,4give n 4get.Rememba d prodigal son,bring him back.Biko

It takes a real man, a real leader, one who is not out for a pound of flesh or revenge, to do what you ask for!

But as a Nigerian, l think you appreciate how vengeful we are.
Very unforgiving, especially if a little success falls our way.

To be honest, just like in our churches, TRUTH HAS SUFFERED A LOT.
Osaze said the truth but maybe, just may be his approach was WRONG ...by Nigerian standards! wink wink

Its called "Bigmannism"!

I think he has learnt his lesson ...though "learning to keep quiet in the face of tyranny" is actually not a lesson we should all desire to learn! .... but this is Nigeria naah (Upside-down mentality)

I feel for the guy, he was brought up in an environment where "fear and waka-on-top-my-head, make l chop" was not the norm and was not imbibed into him!
My own kids have same mentality. They will question you without fear, respectfully though, no matter how old you are.
They will tell you the truth, irrespective of the consequence. I appreciate it but l fear for them.

Well, l have provided and ...they've got "options" anyway. wink

If Osaze is the best striker we have right now, including him can only make us BETTER.
If he shows "true remorse" (l hate that word/feeling when l know he is right in his allegations!) and Keshi still ignores him, l will urge him to take heart.
Life goes on.
Focus on your Club career, you wont be the first or the last.

Most importantly,. improve your game, to the point where YOU CANNOT BE IGNORED.
Who knows, a change of nationality might even be a good start for you.
Zlatan Ibrahimovich is a good example.

Lastpage!

BTW: These Twitter, facebook and other Social Media has ruined many lives, l hope others are learning to "control their urge to vent" on S.M., especially when your identity is "identifiable"?

52 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by supaeagles(m): 1:40am On Jun 19, 2013
ULSHERLAN:
Are you a stammerer
grin
He may even be stuttering Stanley ..... stuttering Stanley .... stuttering Stanley

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by thoniann(m): 1:57am On Jun 19, 2013
I wonder where he lost it. This dude used to be the first foreign based player to report to camp anywhere in the world. Na waaa!

2 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 19, 2013
When he learns to keep his mouth shut, then he can play. sad
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 19, 2013
thoniann: I wonder where he lost it. This dude used to be the first foreign based player to report to camp anywhere in the world. Na waaa!

It is called pride. It precedes a fvck up wink cheesy
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Nobody: 2:02am On Jun 19, 2013
I can imagine Osaze scrolling through this page as a nairalander now. grin Mehn dem comments gon drive him nuts. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Nobody: 2:06am On Jun 19, 2013
They are doing him from his village cry grin

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Nobody: 2:07am On Jun 19, 2013
Maxymilliano: Hmm ... After falling down the pecking order with clubs like Crystal Palace courting your attention, you now know you still wanna play for the national team?

Sorry Bro, try Tahiti if possible grin

Laff Don tear my sokoto cheesy
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Jesuspikin87(m): 2:46am On Jun 19, 2013
We all know he was wrong and I think he has learnt is lessons. Not playing him in nations cup, confedcup and qualifiers is enough punishment already mr Keshi.
Honestyly, We need Osaze. He's better than any of our strikerS ATM.
Please Reconsider Coachy lala!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 2:53am On Jun 19, 2013
So after ignoring the team during their worst times...

He wants to return when the team is beginning to build up as a reckoning force.

I hope Keshi ignores this ranting goat and continue improving the team with the players he's provided with

With a player like Odemwingie, Nigeria have no patriots

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Desdola(m): 3:07am On Jun 19, 2013
I believe Osaze still have lots to offer d super eagles. A strike force of Osaze, Moses and Emenike would be a massive boost to the team.

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by eltido(m): 3:08am On Jun 19, 2013
ULSHERLAN:
Are you a stammerer

b.o.r.i.n.g
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by adusjoepafect: 3:15am On Jun 19, 2013
what was his commet(osaze)

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Xfactoria: 3:27am On Jun 19, 2013
Its time to look for a new club now he needs Nigeria. Well, if he makes a public apology on twitter,facebook, 7 national newspapers...em em what else, NFF and Keshi should see him like the small boy that he is and forgive him.

Everyone makes mistake at one point or the other.

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by hollandis(f): 3:31am On Jun 19, 2013
mama-gee:
So after ignoring the team during their worst times...

He wants to return when the team is beginning to build up as a reckoning force.

I hope Keshi ignores this ranting goat and continue improving the team with the players he's provided with

With a player like Odemwingie, Nigeria have no patriots
Are u a learner?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Team Nigeria For Global First Robot Olympics In Washington (Photo) / "There Is Only One Greatest Of All Time, Lionel Messi" - Eden Hazard / Tobi Amusan Wins 100m Hurdles At ISTAF 2022 Berlin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.