Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,447 members, 7,826,717 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration (14983 Views)

Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by Anasko(m): 2:27pm On Dec 24, 2012
@by sam(obo): 2:20pm
Thank you for that.its hard to understand
why other nigerians especailly the north are
always scared and jealous of an igbo
headship.
We have seem it with the way they try to
blackmail our sons and daugthers
From okonji to arumeh oteh to festus
odemeigwu to minister of aviation to barth
nnaji.
These northern sycophants are just sacred
because an igbo will employ based on merit
and not by appointment.
We have seen the way they are already
battling the DG of national populations
council( festus odimiegwu) cos they are
sacred they will lose their overbloated scam
populations figuire and I like the fact that
he has ignored them.nigeiria must be
restructured and the right people must be at
the right place at the right time. Fool at his best

1 Like

Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Currently most government parastatals are dominated by the Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas but you don't see a news about it and that's because we're not crying wolf because we know the extent of the rot in Nigeria. I for one, i'm not against favoritism in the civil service as long as there's transparency in the prosess but you can't expect someone who's family member has been cheated not to correct the wrong when he gets there.

Lolzzzz....I know you will surely fall for my bait..I used that to draw you out and you actually did.

The same Afam that will always talk about principle on Nairaland has simply thrown that virtue outta the window simply because the issue here is against his stand on principle... grin

One day...I will remind you of this post as i've bookmarked your comments here. grin cheesy
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by Afam4eva(m): 2:35pm On Dec 24, 2012
ilugunboy:

Lolzzzz....I know you will surely fall for my bait..I used that to draw you out and you actually did.

The same Afam that will always talk about principle on Nairaland has simply thrown that virtue outta the window simply because the issue here is against his stand on principle... grin

One day...I will remind you of this post as i've bookmarked your comments here. grin cheesy
What the hell are you talking about? I explicitly said that i don't support favoritism of any kind. Which mumu bait did i fall for?
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by emmygod: 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2012
please, igbo are still marginalized in Nigeria sector. let count the number of persons in federal civil service or federal government parastatals and see which region is not duly reprented. Even as others are having six or seven states and same time introducing federal character. if u look at it Igbos are marginalized. let Nigerians abolish federal character and allow competitivenes of individual to allow people to emerge as best of choice.
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by donpeluchi(m): 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2012
This is why am always discouraged from preparing my c.v. To hell with merit.
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by Curiouscity(m): 2:51pm On Dec 24, 2012
I am not surprised. NIS is as corrupt as NPF. Has anyone been to their office recently for so called e-passport?
Most of them are touts in uniform!!
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by Metallurgist: 2:54pm On Dec 24, 2012
If truth be said nothing change as far as common nigerian graduate is concern and the wise ppl use to say two wrong does't make a right. If u favour one region above anoda u go soon favour some ppl in that region above others in that region and the equation will remain the same for the common nigeria, Animal farm novel is a classical example of nigerian masses" All animals ar equal but some animals ar more equal than others" .
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by Metallurgist: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2012
If truth be said nothing change as far as common nigerian graduate is concern and the wise ppl use to say two wrong does't make a right. If u favour one region above anoda u go soon favour some ppl in that region above other ppl in that same region and the equation will remain the same for the common nigeria, Animal farm novel is a classical example of nigerian masses" All animals ar equal but some animals ar more equal than others" .
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva:
What the hell are you talking about? I explicitly said that i don't support favoritism of any kind. Which mumu bait did i fall for?

Were you blind folded when you typed that in bold below or you were suffering from word-mismatching? grin

afam4eva:
Currently most government parastatals are dominated by the Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas but you don't see a news about it and that's because we're not crying wolf because we know the extent of the rot in Nigeria. I for one, i'm not against favoritism in the civil service as long as there's transparency in the prosess but you can't expect someone who's family member has been cheated not to correct the wrong when he gets there.
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by IleIfe2(m): 2:59pm On Dec 24, 2012
lacasa:

Those Wt eyes let them read wink

SothEast and SouthSouth people αve fraud & criminality instilled in them from Birth angry

[size=15pt]Guy na turn by turn. Na so things be for Naija now. The Ibbs, Abdulsalams, Shagaris, Abachas, Turais, Mangas, TY Danjumas OBJs etc have eaten their own. The hungry man is angry. na their turn. [/size]
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by gidiMonsta(m): 3:01pm On Dec 24, 2012
I don't think its favoritism, the Igbos need to balance out the numbers in the federal service. I'm glad my eastern brothers have finally started learning to play the game instead of their usual whining. I just hope they don't over do it but be tactful about it like the yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by hagma37yahoocom: 3:24pm On Dec 24, 2012
Bambela: Well said and articulated Madam because the fear of Islam is the beginning of wisdom. Security challenges in the country now is as a result their presence in the system .Get rid of them and watch Nigeria moving.
Bro! A very loud knock on your head. Kwoi! Kwoi!! Kwoi!!! Fashola or Aregbeshola and many more, are they xtians? Which people suppose dominate? Xtians? Yeye dey wory you. Guy! If i may ask, between the West and the Arabs who are the most successful.
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by JoeMosco(m): 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2012
I just wonder... Why has she been made the scape goat. Maybe other MDAs that have recruited in the Last 2years should be checked as well..... I guess crime is never allowed when committed by Igbos....
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by Afam4eva(m): 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2012
ilugunboy:

Were you blind folded when you typed that in bold below or you were suffering from word-mismatching? grin

That was an error on my part. The English was not well constructed. You would even see it in this sentence

But you can't expect someone who's family member has been cheated not to correct the wrong when he gets there.
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by kingcobra1(m): 3:47pm On Dec 24, 2012
Tribalism, nepotism,favoritism is d order of d day in all govt establishments in dis country...if she is doing it so as d dis-advantaged states to catch up no wahala...bt merit shld b d oda of d day
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by desoul2004(m): 4:55pm On Dec 24, 2012
pls who can help me with any info. regards to immigration job. contact me desoul2004@yahoo.com
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 24, 2012
Revolva:
Shame to a nation called Nigeria- imagine jonathan mama get 40 slots na wa o
Imagine if she sells each slot at 500k, that's a cool N25million :8

SamAfrik: This act is very wrong @ shameful. Are there no laws in Nigeria again? It seems d private sector is d only place where pple are employed on merits.
The present leaders are seriously failing this nation. Maybe we shd share d Fed. sectors among tribes?
For where, private sectors are heavily involved as well including the multinationals....
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by GooseBaba: 5:38pm On Dec 24, 2012
Metallurgist: som ppl ar really idi@tic imagin one complaining govt work places closses by 12 on friday, imagine as if no muslims dey for this country and their religion no include prayers while u enjoy the whole of sunday and nobody complain

What are their hours of operation? Are they suppose to Leave by noon? So how does Sunday correlates with Friday? One is week day the other weekend. Bros your arguement is simply Darft

1 Like

Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by 2old4that(m): 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2012
Its funny how Mr. Jonathan and his advisers keep shouting jobs for Nigerian youth while he will turn back and cornered those jobs to his family members, relatives and croonies. Newspaper headlines should rather read "GEJ vows to create jobs for his immediate families in 2013".

Who are they fooling? Rubbish country.
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by ismhab(m): 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2012
emmygod: please, igbo are still marginalized in Nigeria sector. let count the number of persons in federal civil service or federal government parastatals and see which region is not duly reprented. Even as others are having six or seven states and same time introducing federal character. if u look at it Igbos are marginalized. let Nigerians abolish federal character and allow competitivenes of individual to allow people to emerge as best of choice.]
who say that Ewu igbo should not send their children to school? While the yoruba and hausa children are at school, the Ewu igbo children are there khdnapping, robbing people and making yahoo-yahoo.
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by kinguwem: 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2012
I'm disappointed in the way things are done in Nigeria. As long as we continue to give priority to federal character & nepotism instead of competence, mediocrity shall continue to thrive in the public service.
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by holladele: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2012
0lumide: Nepotism!

When an Hausa man gets there and employs Hausa people, people will shout "North is trying to dominate us all"

See Nepotism coming from Igbo person from the South now, dem no go shout. If na Northerners, we'll hear "domination" islamists, terrorists, they are using it to bring in cows for the next election, they are the ones giving visas to boko haram members in Niger.

Nepotism coupled with hatred..

Southerners don't need to fear North anymore, fear our fellow southerners. North is no longer powerful. Infact the power equation is balanced.

I guess u r from d eastern part of d country. They are talking about injustice of d highest order; u blabing & rattling. Now I know we are d problem of ourselve. I can categorically tell u that majority of d immigration officer is not happy at all. This kind of gesture breed mediocre, incompetent, and uncommittmed entity into d system. Thank God that some conscientized Nigeria voiced out.
I want to say, that all those who came in thru this bogus, fickle,and ficticious means should be shown d way out immediately. Gbam!
Uzoma is squandering; immigration is weeping.

1 Like

Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by emmygod: 1:17am On Dec 25, 2012
guy please, read Achebes momoir and see who read in Nigeria. if you re in doubt then go back and check percentage of students enroll for JAMB AND WAEC in a year. search using google or verify in ministry of education. if u re also in doubt u can still go in NYSC and still verify. forget about plank yaribas play in education. shortcut in everything. presently graduating 78 first class. Amed bello uni zaria, unn nsukka, uniport and many others never graduate 30 first class in a year calendar. why yaribas? bring those students to compete 2.1 and 2:2 in other universites of nigeria and let watch and see what happens

1 Like

Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by Nobody: 3:33am On Dec 25, 2012
So when will the House Committee and Federal Character commission open investigation into the recruitment at CBN by our Aboki Economist. Cause I learnt some 500 people out of Kano got jobs before any advertisements were made. This development very is good, cause once the investigation in immigration is started and completed, we from the south East must ensure that it is extended to all other government agencies including the military. Plenty reversal of employments. Some people should learn not to throw stones if you live in a glass house. (By the way if you do not have a job in SE, begin now to petition your senators over nepotism in whatever agency, we need the Federal Character Commission to do its job thoroughly, not only where northerners are unhappy with)

1 Like

Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by calcal: 7:03am On Dec 25, 2012
Now, they are telling us that even if you are qualify and you don't have connection you are going no where.

1 Like

Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by phildon: 7:13am On Dec 25, 2012
noskeybaba: When the north dominates the millitary, nobody complains. Now we are returning the favour, they are hating... Eeediaaaats!
u be mumu. How many ibos want to join d military? Well, for ur info, last yr this same woman recruited 237 from Benue, 45 from C/River, 36 from Ebonyi, 205 from Imo, 144 from Plateau, 105 from Kogi, 27 from Rivers, 147 from Abia, 64 from Bayelsa, 36 from Lagos, 29 from Zamfara. We know where they are coming from. If d masses who don't have connections are not tired of lack of fair play, then let it continue. Rose Uzoma is going in 3 months, a Hausa man may take over. And if this trend is allowed to continue...
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by phildon: 7:17am On Dec 25, 2012
KenGali: So when will the House Committee and Federal Character commission open investigation into the recruitment at CBN by our Aboki Economist. Cause I learnt some 500 people out of Kano got jobs before any advertisements were made. This development very is good, cause once the investigation in immigration is started and completed, we from the south East must ensure that it is extended to all other government agencies including the military. Plenty reversal of employments. Some people should learn not to throw stones if you live in a glass house. (By the way if you do not have a job in SE, begin now to petition your senators over nepotism in whatever agency, we need the Federal Character Commission to do its job thoroughly, not only where northerners are unhappy with)
Check her recruitment last year n let's see who should be unhappy.
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by Abagworo(m): 8:32am On Dec 25, 2012
Imo is meant to have more recruits because they produce far more graduates.

1 Like

Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by Afam4eva(m): 8:39am On Dec 25, 2012
Abagworo: Imo is meant to have more recruits because they produce far more graduates.
Unfortunately, it's not about who produced more graduates but about federal character.

1 Like

Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by phildon: 8:56am On Dec 25, 2012
And who says if an Ibo, Hausa or Yoruba heads an organization, ur ticket to get a job there is u speaking d head's language? Sorry, d ticket is 'u must just belong'! We should all speak with one voice. ''Be fair to all!!!''
Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by unikazzy(m): 9:00am On Dec 25, 2012
the exercise has been cancelled......................http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/minister-cancels-recruitment-in-immigration/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Twitter To Recruit Experts Of Nigerian Languages For Its Operations In Ghana / Work Experience Program By Federal Ministry Of Youth And Sports Development / Job Vacancies For October-December 2014(Updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.