Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! (1637 Views)

How To Survive In This Era Of End-time Churches & End-time Pastors / Daily Manna — God's Secrets / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! by Goshen360(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2012
Many Christians believe or think it was our Lord that started the idea of speaking in parables or that Christ was the first to convey the kingdom and spiritual truth in parables. This is not true! There are parables in the OT that keyed into the NT of our time in these last days. The OT holds several parables among which are:

The trees choose a king told by Jotham to Shechemites (Judges 9:7-15).
The discussion in heaven told by Micaiah to Ahab (I kings 22:19-23) and
The thistle and the Cedar told by Jehoash to Amaziah (II Kings 14:9).

Today, I begin a series in the teaching on the above subject, probably the last for this year as we draw close to end of the year 2012.

[b]7 Now when they told Jotham, he went and stood on top of Mount Gerizim, and lifted his voice and cried out. And he said to them:

“Listen to me, you men of Shechem,
That God may listen to you!

8 “The trees once went forth to anoint a king over them. And they said to the olive tree, ‘Reign over us!’

9 But the olive tree said to them, ‘should I cease giving my oil, with which they honor God and men, and go to sway over trees?’

10 “Then the trees said to the fig tree, ‘You come and reign over us!’

11 But the fig tree said to them, ‘Should I cease my sweetness and my good fruit, and go to sway over trees?’

12 “Then the trees said to the vine, ‘You come and reign over us!’

13 But the vine said to them, ‘should I cease my new wine, which cheers both God and men, and go to sway over trees?’

14 “Then all the trees said to the bramble, ‘You come and reign over us!’

15 And the bramble said to the trees, ‘If in truth you anoint me as king over you, then come and take shelter in my shade; But if not, let fire come out of the bramble and devour the cedars of Lebanon!’[/b]

Judges 9, New King James Version (NKJV)

This happened at a time when national Israel wanted a king over them which in itself is prophetic to the latter day churches.

New Living Translation (©2007)
In those days Israel had no king; all the people did whatever seemed right in their own eyes. - Judges 17:6; Judges 21:25; Judges 19:1; Judges 18:1; Deuteronomy 12:8.

That is, there wasn’t fixed standard of morality. This is one of the several parables in the OT from the word of God. Some call it fables and to others, it is an allegory. Whatever we choose to call it, it is a story in which a meaning is conveyed other than that of the words themselves; it is a story to illustrate truth of the kingdom of God in which one thing is said and something else is meant.

Here the trees are spoken of as persons holding convocation to elect a king to rule or reign over them. The Spirit of God is speaking to the last day churches through this parable of God’s word today. There are four (4) kingdom truths and revelation unfolded for the end-time church today in this parable.
Re: The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! by Goshen360(m): 9:41am On Dec 24, 2012
Let’s start with the first.

8 “The trees once went forth to anoint a king over them. And they said to the olive tree, ‘Reign over us!’

9 But the olive tree said to them, ‘should I cease giving my oil, with which they honor God and men, and go to sway over trees?’

The Bible refers to men as “trees” in many cases and so is this parable. These “trees” are ones of righteousness and they are definitely planted by the Lord and not by man. All of them are planted so that the Lord is glorified and no man can take credit. They are trees of beauty, ones with the oil of joy for anointing and they have a spirit of praise instead of heaviness. Seeing that men are sometimes referred to as trees let’s take a core sample of the trees in the Book of Judges and apply that sample in comparison as to what is taking place in many churches today in these last days.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
to provide for those who mourn in Zion; to give them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, festive oil instead of mourning, and splendid clothes instead of despair. And they will be called righteous trees, planted by the LORD to glorify Him. - Isaiah 61:3

In verses 8, 10, 12 and 14, we see all the trees (men) as they repeatedly went forth to anoint a king over them speaking prophetically of the end time church who forgets that Christ is the king over us and should reign over us as believers. The words of Apostle Paul expressly keyed into the actions of the trees and prophetically fulfilled of the last days.

New International Version (©1984)
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. - 2 Timothy 4:3-4.

It is easier to proceed back to Egypt than press into the promises of the Kingdom. We sit in our churches and bemoan, “How could they have been that way,” when in fact we are doing the very same thing.

Judges 9 was written for a reason and not just because it affected those of that day - it is prophetic to the end time churches. The trees of the forest wanted a king to rule over them (Judges 9:cool. First they went to the olive tree. Why will these trees (men) first go to the olive tree and not another? At least these trees had enough discernment to recognize a tree that was anointed by the God. The olive tree was the most useful and helpful of all trees in the land at that time.

Both God and man were honoured by the olive tree. The product of the olive tree, olive oil, represents the anointing of the Lord. Olive oil keeps the menorah burning (Zech. 4:12). The menorah with its seven candlesticks represents the seven churches (Rev. 1:20). In short without the anointing of the olive oil from the olive tree there would be no light emanating from the candlesticks from the city that is set on a hill. Without this oil from the olive tree there would be no anointing to light the world.

There are four major truth that is conveyed from the response of the four trees that was sought after to be made kings.

1. The latter day churches have moved from authority to relativism.

Paraphrasing the answer of the olive tree in being made king of the trees (Judges 9:9), “Why should I leave the position that God has given me whereby I bring glory to God and benefit to man?” In other words he is stating that this appointment might be a promotion in the sight of the other trees, but it would be a demotion in the sight of God and in his usefulness to “tree kind”.

An appropriate question is posed here: How many trees in today’s church would refuse such a position in order to remain where God has planted them (we are not addressing geographic position)? This tree knew that a position in God has much more significance than a position recognized by man. This tree knew that God is the covering for all trees.

Unlike the olive tree, the churches today have shifted from the position of authority wherein Christ had placed us. We have moved and shifted our focus to what I call “find out what the people want and then just give it to them”. This in itself is not leadership!

(to be continue)

1 Like

Re: The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! by Enigma(m): 9:47am On Dec 24, 2012
@ Goshen

Quick point: Nathan to David (re Bathsheba) could also be considered a parable. smiley

cool
Re: The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! by Enigma(m): 9:53am On Dec 24, 2012
Addendum: also, check this link on OT parables http://www.blueletterbible.org/study/parallel/paral08.cfm

cool
Re: The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! by Goshen360(m): 10:10am On Dec 24, 2012
@ Enigma,

updated. Thanks. My study materials don expire ni..... grin..... cool
Re: The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! by aletheia(m): 1:21am On Dec 25, 2012
Bro Goshen, this is nice. I'm learning some new stuff here. Please update ASAP.
Re: The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! by Goshen360(m): 7:06am On Dec 25, 2012
As we continue to the second act of the trees, we look at another revelation to the end time churches.

10 “Then the trees said to the fig tree, ‘You come and reign over us!’

11 But the fig tree said to them, ‘Should I cease my sweetness and my good fruit, and go to sway over trees?’

Again as usual and as we have seen of the trees from our first teaching, all the trees went again to the fig tree to ask if it could be king over them and reign over them (Judges 9:10). The fig tree also bore fruit for God and man. The fig tree when fully ripe in its own climate has an indescribable sweetness and is no doubt, the sweetest of all fruits – it produces the sweetest fruits of the land at that point in time in Israel. The fig tree in the land at that time is next in importance and was busy, fully producing good fruits rather than to rule. Notice the answer of the fig tree to the other trees (Judges 9:11), “Should I forsake my sweetness and my good fruit, and go to be promoted over the trees?

2. Today’s church have moved from truth and fruit bearing to pragmatism.

Apparently one cannot retain sweetness and fruit bearing if the desire is to be promoted over the other trees. Unlike the military services and various occupations, promotion in the Kingdom of God comes only through demotion of self. God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble and as the word says, “Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God.” The fig tree that Jesus condemned in Matthew 21:19 must have been one that wanted status over the other trees for it had no fruit on it when Christ came. With minimal study we can determine that this fig tree was Israel. Religious Israel was a proud tree with no fruit. John the Baptist said that they should bring forth fruits meet for repentance (Matt. 3:cool. Let’s see what John said in verse 10 of that same chapter:

And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. - Matt 3:10

Jesus laid the ax to the tree. He said in Matthew 21 that this fig tree would never more bring forth any fruit. Israel as an ethnic nation would never again produce any fruit. Fruit bearing would be taken from them and given to a Spiritual nation. The fig tree of Judges 9:10-11 was a tree that exercised much wisdom in refusing to be promoted or recognized over the other trees.

The second truth conveyed in the respond of the fig tree as being sought to be made king is that, the church today had moved and shifted from truth to pragmatism – no longer do we ask is it true? We ask does it work? It doesn’t matter to us anymore if it is true or not, as long as it works. It’s man centered rather than God-centered.

New International Version (©1984)
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. - Galatians 5:22-23.
Re: The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! by Goshen360(m): 7:27am On Dec 25, 2012
12 “Then the trees said to the vine, ‘You come and reign over us!’

13 But the vine said to them, ‘should I cease my new wine, which cheers both God and men, and go to sway over trees?’

With the refusal of the two previous trees to leave their first estate and be demoted, the trees then went to the vine to ask it to be king of the trees (Judges 9:12). The vine asked them if he should leave his wine to be king over the trees (Judges 9:13). With minimal examination we can determine that wine represents the Holy Spirit. The “wine” gives cheer to both God and man. The vine being as wise as the other two trees refuses the appointment. Again, a tree apparently cannot retain the Holy Spirit if it desires to be promoted (actually demoted) over other trees.

3. The End-Time churches have gone from convictions to opinions.

Jesus is Lord and Master because of His commitment to love and service to others. The three trees visited so far understood that concept. It appears that many position holders in the end time churches today desire to be lord and master because they desire to be seen by men as lord and master. They would never contemplate promoting someone above their position due to jealousy. Jesus said that greater things shall we do because He went to the Father. He wants us as His body to go beyond where He went as a man.

Most leaders in their churches today would never want their “subjects” to go beyond where they are. They want to keep them under submission and to understand to a level just below their understanding. If anyone is to obtain understanding the promoted trees want to get it first and then mete it out in morsels to inspire awe at their revelation. Everyone in the Kingdom of God should be a free person and not bound to some man who may unwittingly control, manipulate, coerce and restrain.

Let’s look at a scripture where Jesus uses the words “master” and “servant”. In our kingdom understanding these words mean the opposite, but in real Kingdom vernacular they are one in the same:

Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. - John 13:13-16

Very few people in our end time church really have convictions about anything and what they believe except for their right to be happy. We are being tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.

(to be completed in the next post, the final part)
Re: The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! by Goshen360(m): 7:35am On Dec 25, 2012
aletheia: Bro Goshen, this is nice. I'm learning some new stuff here. Please update ASAP.

Thank you my brother. I and others can also benefit from whatever the Spirit of God ministers to you on this subject. I have only shared what the Spirit of God ministered to me according to the measure. Let he that ministers also be ministered to; it's all by the same Spirit.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit. - 1 Corinthians 12:8-9

So we understand that divers things or revelation can take place by the SAME SPIRIT. Share what the Spirit ministered to you bro. Thank you and God bless you.
Re: The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! by Goshen360(m): 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2012
Final and concluding part!

14 “Then all the trees said to the bramble, ‘You come and reign over us!’

15 And the bramble said to the trees, ‘If in truth you anoint me as king over you, then come and take shelter in my shade; But if not, let fire come out of the bramble and devour the cedars of Lebanon!’

The trees of Judges 9 by this time were no doubt becoming frustrated in their effort to find a king to rule over them. They were desperate for a king so they went to the bramble and ask him to reign over them. The bramble is the most useless to God or man and was used only for hedges. It was dangerous to come near it – a fitting system of an impious, cruel, oppressive king it is (v. 15). The product of the bramble is thorns and thistles. The bramble readily agrees to assume the position as king over all the other trees (Judges (9:15).

Notice that the bramble wants the trees to put their trust in his shadow and if they don’t trust in him then let them burn. Many innocent souls who want to go beyond their covering are burned in the modern church world. Let’s see what the Psalmist wrote about the one in whose shadow we should trust:

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Ps 91:1

It appears that the only tree that would hasten to rule and reign over other trees is one that promotes self and the fruit of that motivation is the same that torments others with fire. Again we are not addressing trees that are planted in the world, but the ones that claim to be planted in the Lord’s forest.

Unknown to many, the OT Israel is a type and shadow of the modern and end time church. We fool ourselves when we think that the very same things are not happening in many areas of the contemporary church world. All of the things taken by the local king (bramble) in the scripture above are symbols of those things that are taken today. We won’t examine each of these, but use your Holy Ghost inspired intuition to learn the lesson of the trees of Judges 9. There is certainly delight in giving as the Holy Spirit directs, but not by the demand of a thorn tree. Let’s move on and search out additional understanding where man is “covered by the trees.”
Re: The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! by Goshen360(m): 10:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
FIRST ADAM; SECOND AND LAST ADAM, CHRIST AND THE TREES

The first Adam could partake of any tree in the garden except for one. That one tree would bring forth death. Conversely, there was only one tree in the garden that could sustain life. Interestingly, he could not mix the fruit of the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil and continue to sustain life. Adam mixed the fruit and fell. He did not fall out of a tree, but he fell into the trees. One of the curses that befell Adam continues to plague mankind in that he continues to perceive himself to be hidden from God by seeking covering from the leaves and shadows of other trees:

And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. Gen 3:7

Adam and Eve now knew that good and evil existed. Before they had only known good. The covering of the glory of the Lord had departed from them. They could now see themselves as they were without the covering of God. They now looked to themselves to cover themselves. They made an apron of leaves from the fig tree to cover them. This fig tree can be spiritually related to the one where Jesus found no fruit. An apron might work if viewed only from the front but not from a posterior position. Man’s covering will always leave this area exposed. God made them a temporary covering that would suffice for a covering until the seed of the woman would come in the fullness of time some 4,000 years hence. The Israelites continued to use the animal sin covering until that sacrifice was ended by the ultimate sacrifice. Adam and Eve had hid in the trees from God with the product of the trees supposedly covering them:

And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. Gen 3:8

Like the first Adam, men continue to hide amongst the trees of the Lord’s garden. Seemingly they say, “If we can hide amidst the trees the Lord will not see us and He will think we are covered for we believe we are covered.” There remains only one “Tree” that can provide covering for man. Adam (the man) may have partaken of the tree of knowledge of good and evil only one time, but mankind continues to sample its fruit. The fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is not an apple, but is thorns and thistles (remember the bramble of Judges 9).
Re: The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! by Goshen360(m): 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
4. The end time church have gone from revelation to feeling. Psychology has been substituted for theology. Sin is no longer the enemy of God's people; sorrow and sadness are. Feeling good about self and sin has become the priority in the end time assemblies.

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. Gen 3:17-19

Man was taken from the dust of the ground. Now he was going to eat from the source from which he was taken and this source (dust of the ground) is the food for the serpent in divine judgment. That is, the fallen man returns to the dust which is also a food for the devil. The source from which he was taken only produces thorns and thistles. The Old Testament gives us a picture in the natural so that we can see the spiritual in the New Testament. What is the spiritual equivalent or the product of the ground (flesh) from which he was taken? What are the New Testament thorns and thistles of the ground? - Gal 5:19-22

God did not want man to partake of the “Tree of Life” in the condition in which he now lived. That does not mean that God did not want man to partake of the “Tree of Life”. As stated earlier, Adam previously had ready access to the Tree. A very interesting verse follows that we will analyze:

So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life. Gen 3:24

There is a verse in Revelation that corresponds with Genesis 3:24:

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. Rev 22:14

Those that keep His commandments are going by the way of Christ and they gain access to the “Tree of Life”. They enter through the only gate, which is located on the east side and this city, the New Jerusalem, is the garden of the Lord. Gaining total access to the tree of life spirit, soul and body. Access is not gained to the “Tree of Life” by being covered by other trees as they attempt to gain access. There is no group entry. Man must pass through this turnstile in single file as a part of the one body of Christ. Let’s take a walk through the woods so that we can spiritually discern the forest from the trees.

Through a tree, first Adam fell and sin reigned over mankind in Eden. On a tree in Calvary, curse and sin was destroyed by the second and last Adam for curse is everyone that hangs on a tree. Though, with no exceptions, every one of us starts life initially as being reproduced by some man’s seed, God reproduces His own children with a different material, His Seed in the Word, which is infallible, incorruptible, indestructible, an Ever-living-divine Substance. May I invite you today to Christ, the Living Word. Come to Christ and turn away from all iniquities; repent and bring forth fruit (evidence) of repentance.

The end
Re: The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! by AtheistD(m): 7:06am On Dec 27, 2012
So what is the purpose of parables? Why not just convey the message in a simple and straightforward manner?
Re: The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
wow! just the knowledge that there are parables in the o.t is a blessing... and the explanation- wonderful!

(1) (Reply)

UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. / Pastors Collecting Tithes Are Robbers And David Did Not Kill Goliath - Aribisala / Life After Death Has Been Proven Clinically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.