Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,223 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:43 PM

UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. (1674 Views)

Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai / Buhari Must Not Near Aso Rock For Now; Fayose Will Go To Jail- Prophet Tibetan / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by elampiro(m): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
UK Street Preacher Jailed Over False 'Hate Speech' Charge Following Lesbian Complaint.

BASILDON, England – A Christian street preacher was arrested and jailed last week in England after he was accused by a lesbian bystander of engaging in hate speech against homosexuals.

The incident occurred on Thursday while evangelist Rob Hughes was preaching on the streets of Basildon, Essex.

As he spoke, Hughes was approached by police, who advised that they had received a complaint that Hughes had engaged in hate speech by preaching against homosexuality. Police advised that such speech was a violation of the Public Order Act, Section 5, which bans “threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior, or disorderly behavior” or the display of “any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting” within earshot of sight of a person “likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.”

Full story.
http://christiannews.net/2013/09/10/uk-street-preacher-jailed-over-false-hate-speech-charge-following-lesbian-complaint/

1 Like

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by Joagbaje(m): 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
That's not what he should be preaching, He should preach the gospel. Not condemnation

2 Likes

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by ooman(m): 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
dumb xtians.. your god himself is homosexual, that's why he had to send holy spirit to impregnate the mother of his child, your savior.

6 Likes

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
Now he will learn his lesson and should pray to his God not to get touched by gay in his cell. Lol

3 Likes

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
now, preaching against the homosexual behaviour is a crime, hehehe, interesting
Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by Gombs(m): 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
Jesus said "Go ye into the world and PREACH THE GOSPEL commanding them to do whatsoever I command you"

Dat preacher took his own far, Jesus said shw love, not hate/condemnation

Now, I hope he doesn't get to pick soap while in jail.

#OhDear

1 Like

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by PastorOluT(m): 9:18am On Sep 12, 2013
Gombs: ...
Jesus said "Go ye into the world and PREACH THE GOSPEL commanding them to do whatsoever I command you"

Dat preacher took his own far, Jesus said shw love, not hate/condemnation

Now, I hope he doesn't get to pick soap while in jail.

#OhDear

Ain't we missing something here? What exactly in the world was the word used by the preacher? What if he was framed 'cos the said lady could not stand the TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL, that's popular u know?
Christianity is turning something else this days, the bible clearly state that we will be persecuted for our faith, but this days we see it as some thing weird. Every one that preached the GOSPEL was persecuted in the NT, from Jesus himself to the Apostles to Paul etc, would we say they were not preaching the GOSPEL but condemnation which was why they were persecuted?
The truth is that in this present generation if u ain't persecuted for the preaching of the GOSPEl, then u are living a life of compromise!

4 Likes

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:05am On Sep 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Ain't we missing something here? What exactly in the world was the word used by the preacher? What if he was framed 'cos the said lady could not stand the TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL, that's popular u know?
Christianity is turning something else this days, the bible clearly state that we will be persecuted for our faith, but this days we see it as some thing weird. Every one that preached the GOSPEL was persecuted in the NT, from Jesus himself to the Apostles to Paul etc, would we say they were not preaching the GOSPEL but condemnation which was why they were persecuted?
The truth is that in this present generation if u ain't persecuted for the preaching of the GOSPEl, then u are living a life of compromise!
that is the point. atleast i'm not the only one seeing it alleluia
Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by kimco(m): 1:19am On Sep 13, 2013
Ubenedictus: now, preaching against the homosexual behaviour is a crime, hehehe, interesting

I don't think u'd love it if a moslem went on the streets and start insulting christians....or even a white man preaching dat the black man was a cursed generation.

I hated homosexuality, i hated the idea of it, if a man as much as touch me, i'd kill him.... Maybe i'll still kill him now, however i took the liberty to learn abit about hw people become homosexuals and u know what....the prevailing answer i got after my research was that they were born with it. How do u hate someone who was born a homosexual? Is it their fault...? it's like hating a woman for being a woman....or even racism in itself. I appreciate gays alot more now. If i found out my bro or even my friend was gay....i'd still support him...so far as he's not hitting on me.

1 Like

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by kimco(m): 1:29am On Sep 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

i'd agree with u tho if only christians weren't enjoying the biggest advantages out there. christianity is seen as the goto religion, we enjoy a lot of freedom from even the governments of multi religious states. We are mostly the most vocal group of people and some how that has gone into our heads to condemn every body without carefully getting to know the situation first. And u stand there and u speak of condemnation...u know those who are condemned the most....non christians, and we the judges. Self appointed judges, using out of context scripture notes to back up our deeds. So don't preach about condemnation when we are the ones doing the condemning.

i'm going make a wild guess and say that u are going make a lot of scripture quotation to support ur reply.
Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by Ubenedictus(m): 3:33am On Sep 13, 2013
kimco:

I don't think u'd love it if a moslem went on the streets and start insulting christians....or even a white man preaching dat the black man was a cursed generation.

I hated homosexuality, i hated the idea of it, if a man as much as touch me, i'd kill him.... Maybe i'll still kill him now, however i took the liberty to learn abit about hw people become homosexuals and u know what....the prevailing answer i got after my research was that they were born with it. How do u hate someone who was born a homosexual? Is it their fault...? it's like hating a woman for being a woman....or even racism in itself. I appreciate gays alot more now. If i found out my bro or even my friend was gay....i'd still support him...so far as he's not hitting on me.
u are preaching to the choir, i do not hate gays. But i do consider their sexual relations to be sinful and now if i dare preach that in the UK i'll be thrown in jail. Since when did preaching the immorality of a partcular act bcome illegal
Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by PastorOluT(m): 8:26am On Sep 13, 2013
kimco: i'd agree with u tho if only christians weren't enjoying the biggest advantages out there. christianity is seen as the goto religion, we enjoy a lot of freedom from even the governments of multi religious states. We are mostly the most vocal group of people and some how that has gone into our heads to condemn every body without carefully getting to know the situation first. And u stand there and u speak of condemnation...u know those who are condemned the most....non christians, and we the judges. Self appointed judges, using out of context scripture notes to back up our deeds. So don't preach about condemnation when we are the ones doing the condemning.

i'm going make a wild guess and say that u are going make a lot of scripture quotation to support ur reply.
Sorry to disappoint u, won't be quoting lot of scriptures. Christians has got lot of advantage in this dispensation like u rightly pointed out, but I tell u there is so much about the persecution that u know of 'cos its in different forms, even so called xtians doing the persecution far more than unbelievers. U can't imagine what is happening underground, bt that's a discussion for another day. My point is what exactly did the man say that is termed condemnation?
And since u bring up the issue of non believers being persecuted than xtians, I disagree with u n will like u to be explicit about it.
Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by Judas2013: 8:27am On Sep 13, 2013
elampiro: UK Street Preacher Jailed Over False 'Hate Speech' Charge Following Lesbian Complaint.

BASILDON, England – A Christian street preacher was arrested and jailed last week in England after he was accused by a lesbian bystander of engaging in hate speech against homosexuals.

The incident occurred on Thursday while evangelist Rob Hughes was preaching on the streets of Basildon, Essex.

As he spoke, Hughes was approached by police, who advised that they had received a complaint that Hughes had engaged in hate speech by preaching against homosexuality. Police advised that such speech was a violation of the Public Order Act, Section 5, which bans “threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior, or disorderly behavior” or the display of “any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting” within earshot of sight of a person “likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.”

Full story.
http://christiannews.net/2013/09/10/uk-street-preacher-jailed-over-false-hate-speech-charge-following-lesbian-complaint/

If it is true, AMEN!
Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by Judas2013: 8:33am On Sep 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

The King of England King James wrote the bible not Kumuyi or Oyedepo. Perhaps they have realised most of the stories are inhumane so they have updated it . The Pope will soon tell you christianity is a fraud. But the problem is people like will will not listen. Jesus is a fraud,be warned!

1 Like

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by PastorOluT(m): 8:37am On Sep 13, 2013
Judas2013:

The King of England King James wrote the bible not Kumuyi or Oyedepo. Perhaps they have realised most of the stories are inhumane so they have updated it . The Pope will soon tell you christianity is a fraud. But the problem is people like will will not listen. Jesus is a fraud,be warned!
Jesus is a fraud, yet u got ur handle from the bible? Dont need anyone to tell me the bible is true or not, I have a relationship with my father and that my friend is enough!
Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by ooman(m): 8:39am On Sep 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
Jesus is a fraud, yet u got ur handle from the bible? Dont need anyone to tell me the bible is true or not, I have a relationship with my father and that my friend is enough!

you have a relationship with your delusions, you are no different from a psychotic schizophreniac. You are sick.

1 Like

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by PastorOluT(m): 8:40am On Sep 13, 2013
Judas2013:

If it is true, AMEN!
'Amen', again from the bible!
Are u thinking what I am thinking? U believe so much in God deep down u, u are just yet to discover?
Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by PastorOluT(m): 8:41am On Sep 13, 2013
ooman:

you have a relationship with your delusions, you are no different from a psychotic schizophreniac. You are sick.

OOman long time, what is it with the insult?
The fact that u are just too 'knowledgeable' to see what I am seeing should not make u sound like this? If its not working believe me I would have discard it 'cos I am not the type of regular guys/xtians u see around.
Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by ooman(m): 8:47am On Sep 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

OOman long time, what is it with the insult?
The fact that u are just too 'knowledgeable' to see what I am should sound like this? If its not working believe me I would have discard it 'cos I am not the regular guys/xtians u see around.

exactly..its no insult, its the truth.
ask a schizophreniac if his delusions are fake, he'd tell you that you dont see what he sees, or know what he knows. In his own views he's right. That's the same condition you suffer, by believing something you have zero evidence for.

1 Like

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by PastorOluT(m): 8:50am On Sep 13, 2013
ooman:

exactly..its no insult, its the truth.
ask a schizophreniac if his delusions are fake, he'd tell you that you dont see what he sees, or know what he knows. In his own views he's right. That's the same condition you suffer, by believing something you have zero evidence for.
what evidence do u seek sire, With all u see around u?
Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by ooman(m): 8:58am On Sep 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
what evidence do u seek sire, With all u see around u?

Everything I see around me might be the works of Ifa, Ogun, Flying Pig, or Zeus. Nature is never the evidence of a particular god. Think about that.

1 Like

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by elampiro(m): 9:11am On Sep 13, 2013
Ubenedictus: u are preaching to the choir, i do not hate gays. But i do consider their sexual relations to be sinful and now if i dare preach that in the UK i'll be thrown in jail. Since when did preaching the immorality of a partcular act bcome illegal

The Iluminati leaders are making such illegal everywhere. The gays are highly protected in a bid by Satan to mock God via satanic agents. A photographer who refused to cover a gay event had his shop closed by authority just because he said his faith doesn't permit such.
Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by elampiro(m): 9:13am On Sep 13, 2013
Judas2013:

End time talk.
Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by kimco(m): 9:14am On Sep 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
Sorry to disappoint u, won't be quoting lot of scriptures. Christians has got lot of advantage in this dispensation like u rightly pointed out, but I tell u there is so much about the persecution that u know of 'cos its in different forms, even so called xtians doing the persecution far more than unbelievers. U can't imagine what is happening underground, bt that's a discussion for another day. My point is what exactly did the man say that is termed condemnation?
And since u bring up the issue of non believers being persecuted than xtians, I disagree with u n will like u to be explicit about it.
i think hate speeches are condemnations enuff. And considering i know how christians get when homos come into pic, i dnt even want to know exactly what he said.

christians wield so much power and authority in the world...non believers get critisized all through. We're more vocal than the moslem...let's nt even mention the others, especially the atheists. We condemn them in our churches, last tym i went to the mosque and not once was chritianity mentioned. I've been to churches and some of them really need to make islam look bad for chritianity to look gud. Was young by then so cudn't jux leave...but i wanted to...these days i hardly go to church cos of preachers like these.

I came to see that most atheist believe there's God, yet they don't like him. Most think him as a wicked being who isn't worthy of their tym. Instead of us showing them God's love throigh ourselves, we condemn the so much...even when they haven't said none. All they have to is announce that they're gay or atheist...or worse, gay atheists then that'll be the end of it.

I really wish i can sometyms be proud of saying i'm with these christians but..... However i do love my God still.

I thank u for responding objectively, i was disappointed but in a gud way.
Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by kimco(m): 9:18am On Sep 13, 2013
elampiro:

The Iluminati leaders are making such illegal everywhere. The gays are highly protected in a bid by Satan to mock God via satanic agents. A photographer who refused to cover a gay event had his shop closed by authority just because he said his faith doesn't permit such.
you dnt think same would be done if it was racial instead? Then we blacks and the coloured must be protected by illuminati too. These gays are born gay....how is that their fault? I really want to know...explain hw being a homosexual is their fault, then i'll listen to u, no complaints

1 Like

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by kimco(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2013
Ubenedictus: u are preaching to the choir, i do not hate gays. But i do consider their sexual relations to be sinful and now if i dare preach that in the UK i'll be thrown in jail. Since when did preaching the immorality of a partcular act bcome illegal
you haven't said anything. What u said is an equivalent of saying...hey i like blacks..but i hate that they can have a normal life like the rest of the human race....it disgust me to the core....they shud be working on the fields.

Which of their lifestyle isn't right with u, dem engaging in a relationship? Having sex? Showing love? do u want them to into isolation without anyone they can share love with? If that's what u want u're very cruel.

Homosexuals record less marriage breakups and aduletry. So if the ''sinful'' man can respect the santity of marriage much more than the normal guy then we really have hell waiting for us big tym. Maybe if u took the tym to know them more, maybe just maybe, u'll appreciate them as i have. maybe next tym when u hate on the homosexual lifestyle u shud understand how the white man felt about the blacks and stop pointing fingers. Thank u

1 Like

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by elampiro(m): 9:25am On Sep 13, 2013
kimco: you dnt think same would be done if it was racial instead? Then we blacks and the coloured must be protected by illuminati too. These gays are born gay....how is that their fault? I really want to know...explain hw being a homosexual is their fault, then i'll listen to u, no complaints

Nobody was born a gay or lesbian. Never. It is not natural.

Gayism is a habit. A bad habit mostly learnt from watching or acting porn.

Secondly, a christian is meant to preach the laws of God as commanded by Jesus. Now in many places it is wrong to preach against abortion and homosexuality due to the influence of satanic leaders.

2 Likes

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by Judas2013: 9:29am On Sep 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
'Amen', again from the bible!
Are u thinking what I am thinking? U believe so much in God deep down u, u are just yet to discover?

Who told you Amen came from the bible? Amen came from Egypt . Amen Ra was the Sun God/deity,just like jesus was borrowed from Huros and Mary from Isis. Because Christianity is simply a myth built on previous myth, and when you build on previous stories, you have a tendency to carry over some of the old stuff.

You think i will contradict myself like the christians? I know what i am saying when i say Amen.....it means "so be it"

1 Like

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by kimco(m): 9:30am On Sep 13, 2013
elampiro:

Secondly, a christian is meant to preach the laws of God as commanded by Jesus. Now in many places it is wrong to preach against abortion and homosexuality due to the influence of satanic leaders.
goes to show u how ignorant u are. Go sir and learn about them instead of going on about like the ignoramus that u are. Research....internet is ur friend.

1 Like

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by Judas2013: 9:36am On Sep 13, 2013
elampiro:

I see gay people kiss on the bus almost everyday. Nothing is wrong with them.... Bleep god and his commandments, wasnt his son jesus gay? I hope one of ur kids turn gay and let's see what u will do.

1 Like

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by elampiro(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2013
kimco: goes to show u how ignorant u are. Go sir and learn about them instead of going on about like the ignoramus that u are. Research....internet is ur friend.

There nothing to research from articles published by Illuminati members and porn stars to corrupt the world and hand it over to Satan.

Who am I to listen to in matters of faith and morals, God or internet articles?

1 Like

Re: UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. by elampiro(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2013
Judas2013:

I see gay people kiss on the bus almost everyday. Nothing is wrong with them.... Bleep god and his commandments, wasnt his son jesus gay? I hope one of ur kids turn gay and let's see what u will do.

My kids cannot turn gay. Never!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is A Man Of God? / Why Should The World End? / WHY IS SEXUAL TEMPTATION A BIGGER PROBLEM FOR MEN THAN FOR WOMEN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.