Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,780 members, 7,955,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? (8729 Views)

Keshi Releases 25-man List For Sudan Matches / Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. / Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2012
cashmentor: i'm not against these eagles though.... Infact, i'm a die hard SE Fan, but, i don't and never trusted Keshi.... So i'll be wasting my time here naming a team for a Coach that already knows his ist Eleven....
Anyway i'll just name players i fell don't deserve to be in the 23 man team!
Dike- don't deserve it at all.... Based on current form, Martins deserve that shirt.. Based on Commitment, martins is way ontop.
Rabiu Ibrahim: i love that dude like a brother from another Mother, but He's far from fitness and i think Aluko ought to have his place.....

Why not just skip the thread if you can't do what the thread is all about? if you want to whine, kindly do that on the "provisional list thread".
Thank you
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by k2039: 1:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
[color=k]That list is not comprehensive without k2039. [/color]
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 1:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
Andre Uweh: My starting xi
Ejide
defence. Egwueke, Efe, Yobo, Echiejile.
Midfield trio: Michael Obi,Onazi and Uche Kalu.
3 forwards: Ik Uche, Ejike and V. Moses.

Why Ejike? ever watched any of his games?
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Acecube(m): 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2012
Enyeama

Ambrose yobo shittu echiejele

Mikel Nosa

Ahmed musa victor moses

Ideye
Ikechukwu
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Rajosh(m): 2:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01:

Well maybe i see the chances of goal-keepers getting injured very slim than that of players, i rather go with 2 goal-keepers than 3.

Maybe you should let us have your own 23 man list.
inasmuch as 3 g.k may seem 2 much,i think it's a rule to come to a tournament with 3 gk. I remember some time ago,an african team was fined for replacing the 3rd gk with a player.i cant remember the year neither can i remember the name of the team (sorry abt that).
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by cashmentor(m): 2:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01:

Why not just skip the thread if you can't do what the thread is all about? if you want to whine, kindly do that on the "provisional list thread".
Thank you
whine? Oooops! A passionate SE fan i see......
So when did making a point and contributing to a Thread became politicize here on Nairaland as long as one kept to the topic?
Anyway, i reserve my comments till i see the Final 23 Man Team......
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Rajosh(m): 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01:

A must? hmmm, then i'd take the 4th goal-keeper.
it's a rule 4 any team 2 bring 3 gk
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Rajosh(m): 2:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
I think Haruna lukman should be in the team.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Justbright(m): 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2012
Joel obi
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
cashmentor: whine? Oooops! A passionate SE fan i see......
So when did making a point and contributing to a Thread became politicize here on Nairaland as long as one kept to the topic?
Anyway, i reserve my comments till i see the Final 23 Man Team......

What you're doing is derailing, i advise you stop. i also suggested to you where you should do all what you're doing now. here's not for the final official 23 man list, here's for YOUR own's 23 man list. not too hard to understand.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
Rajosh: inasmuch as 3 g.k may seem 2 much,i think it's a rule to come to a tournament with 3 gk. I remember some time ago,an african team was fined for replacing the 3rd gk with a player.i cant remember the year neither can i remember the name of the team (sorry abt that).

Oh ok then... get you now.. should modify my list asap.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Acecube(m): 2:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
Rajosh: I think Haruna lukman should be in the team.
the list released by stephen keshi is definitely the best we can ask for....mikel is a slowpoke, having another slowpoke '' haruna '' wont do us any good. having said that, i would have loved to see obagoal due to his current form, and i think the reason behind picking amoebi was to give the guy a chance to play in the nation cup because he's already ageing /not becoz of form, the guy had a goal draught in epl from march to december/..but he and dike can be a sort of bully to other teams defenders... Rabiu was termed okocha replacement then, if he can contribute half of what jayjay did... I'm o.k with him though his match fitness is in question...
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by mallorca(m): 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01:

Why Ejike? ever watched any of his games?

My guy if really you know who is Ejike Uzoenyi u no go ask dis question
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
THE SUPER CHICKENS OF AFRICA. cheesy
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 2:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
mallorca:

My guy if really you know who is Ejike Uzoenyi u no go ask dis question

Do me the favor, help me with who Ejike Uzoenyi is.

FYI, I think know him (the guy that scored the last goal against Venezuela right?) but why should he be in the starting 11 is what i want to know from the guy who chose him.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 2:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
Acecube: the list released by stephen keshi is definitely the best we can ask for....mikel is a slowpoke, having another slowpoke '' haruna '' wont do us any good. having said that, i would have loved to see obagoal due to his current form, and i think the reason behind picking amoebi was to give the guy a chance to play in the nation cup because he's already ageing /not becoz of form, the guy had a goal draught in epl from march to december/..but he and dike can be a sort of bully to other teams defenders... Rabiu was termed okocha replacement then, if he can contribute half of what jayjay did... I'm o.k with him though his match fitness is in question...

It's likely to see Keshi replace Sola with Martins after Sola's coach insisted he won't be releasing Sola.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Acecube(m): 2:50pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01:

FYI, I think know him (the guy that scored the last goal against Venezuela right?) but why should he be in the starting 11 is what i want to know from the guy who chose him.
yeah i quite agree with you considering the fact that though a natural left-footed, skillful winger.. We already have players /moses & musa/ in that department except the coach intend to use 4-3-3.. shifting either moses or musa forward. I'll love to seem him play though provided my moses and musa are in the first 11.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Chanchit: 3:00pm On Dec 25, 2012
For sentimental reasons I will also love to see Rabiu in the ANC, but he does not even deserve to be invited to the camp in the first place.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by yyb14: 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
Wey sani kaita
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by HARDDON: 3:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
Nid not stress maself..... Aint gono watch . I'v has enuf heart break to last a life time already .
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by WORDALIVE: 3:36pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01: Here goes my 23 man list:

Goalkeepers: Austin Ejide, Vincent Enyeama. (we do not need more than 2 goal keepers but they said it's a must we go with 3 o )[/b]so i add the 4th goalkeeper.

Defenders: Elderson Echiejile; Joseph Yobo ; Efe Ambrose; Solomon Kwambe ; Danny Shittu; Kenneth Omeruo ; Godfrey Oboabona [b]( we have issues with the defence so i would like to see 7 defenders incase we need drastic changes.)

Midfielders: Mikel Obi; Nosa Igiebor; Ogenyi Onazi; Raheem Lawal; Obiora Nwankwo; Fegor Ogude; Reuben Gabriel. (some of the attackers can join as midfielders too so no too much wahala here.)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa; Brown Ideye; Victor Moses; Uche Kalu; Bright Dike; Ikechukwu Uche; Ejike Uzoenyi. (Shola should never be on the team if truly we are looking at building a team for the future.)
not good enough.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
WORDALIVE: not good enough.

Give us yours.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by balo(m): 3:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
left to me, only 12 foreign based players will make d team and they are:
Enyeama - he is still our no 1 gk.
Ejide - reliable back up to Enyeama.
Yobo - still our most dependable centre back.
Nosa Igiebor - skillful player. suited for central midfield role.
Ike Uche - our most dependable player
Victor Moses - always a threat
Brown Ideye - good player, if only he can replicate his club form
Musa - better as a sub IMO
Mikel - will play as DM
Fengor Ogude - needed for d dirty works
Martins/Emenike -
Taiwo.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by defashan: 3:50pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01: Here goes my 23 man list:

Goalkeepers: Austin Ejide, Vincent Enyeama. (we do not need more than 2 goal keepers but they said it's a must we go with 3 o )[/b]so i add the 4th goalkeeper.

Defenders: Elderson Echiejile; Joseph Yobo ; Efe Ambrose; Solomon Kwambe ; Danny Shittu; Kenneth Omeruo ; Godfrey Oboabona [b]( we have issues with the defence so i would like to see 7 defenders incase we need drastic changes.)

Midfielders: Mikel Obi; Nosa Igiebor; Ogenyi Onazi; Raheem Lawal; Obiora Nwankwo; Fegor Ogude; Reuben Gabriel. (some of the attackers can join as midfielders too so no too much wahala here.)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa; Brown Ideye; Victor Moses; Uche Kalu; Bright Dike; Ikechukwu Uche; Ejike Uzoenyi. (Shola should never be on the team if truly we are looking at building a team for the future.)

I like your list but i,ll prefer Azubuike Egwuekwe to Solomon Kwambe and replace Uche Kalu with Emma Emenike.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by mallorca(m): 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01:

Listen i dont have time for to argue this morning,i quote you,because you ask why is Ejike in d list?
He is someone i work close with..him been on d list is not by mistake,He remain the best Player Discoverd by Keshi so far just like Osaze to Xtian CHukwu.Thank U
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by mallorca(m): 3:54pm On Dec 25, 2012
Acecube: yeah i quite agree with you considering the fact that though a natural left-footed, skillful winger.. We already have players /moses & musa/ in that department except the coach intend to use 4-3-3.. shifting either moses or musa forward. I'll love to seem him play though provided my moses and musa are in the first 11.

I like your comment sir!
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by bbulldog(m): 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
They must use MIKEL OBI, or else keshi go die !!!!
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by pappyshun(m): 4:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
My starting 11.

1.VINCENT

2.EFE 5.YOBO 6.SHITTU 3.ELDERSO

4.MIKEL

7.MOSES 10.RABIU 11.MUSA

8.NOSA

9.UCHE

SUB:
EJIDE
RUEBEN
SHOLA
OSHANIWON
IDEYE
KWAMBE
OBIORA
OBOABONA
EZEONYE
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by balo(m): 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
Martins/Emenike - back up to Ideye
Taiwo - stl relevant to the team.

d home base/fringe players should have at least 11 "slots" cos they played a major role in qualifying the team.
my pick will be:
Uzoenyi
Oboabona
Juwon Oshaniwa
Azubuike Egwuike
Solomon Kwambe
Reuben Gabriel
Kenneth Omeruo
Uche Kalu
Daniel Akpeyi
Raheem Lawal
Chigozie Agbim (gk).

d likes of Gege Soriola, Kalu Uche (elder bro of IK), Rabiu Ibrahim and Ameobi will be on stand-by just in case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Successful Soccer Betting Tips / Bbc News : Etuhu Jailed 8 Months For Assault / AFCON 2021: Malawi Vs Senegal (0 - 0) On 18th January 2022

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.