Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? (4223 Views)

Poll: Genuine miracle worker or crook?

Man of God: 31% (7 votes)
Crook.: 68% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Benny Hinn And His Wife Get Back Together / Benny Hinn On Emmanuel Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by therationa(m): 10:21pm On Feb 19, 2008
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by therationa(m): 10:14am On Feb 20, 2008
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by therationa(m): 10:17am On Feb 20, 2008
Did you see how he undermines people with fear and then pleads for donations? Incredible
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by danfido(m): 10:17pm On Mar 04, 2008
Honestly,I think we should be VERY careful when we discuss God's servants.It could come with a curse.They are HIS servants for crying out loud! HE has the sole responsibility of judging where and when necessary! Period!
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by tpaine: 10:45pm On Mar 04, 2008
Hinn disgusts me. This is a man who claims to have raised someone from the dead. Upon being asked to produce evidence he fled from the interview. I can categorically say he is a sham and an exploiter of people.
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by cgift(m): 1:06pm On Mar 05, 2008
tpaine:

Hinn disgusts me. This is a man who claims to have raised someone from the dead. Upon being asked to produce evidence he fled from the interview. I can categorically say he is a sham and an exploiter of people.

He is only a man. He confessed that he erred in saying that and has taken his word back. Don't crucify him.
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by tpaine: 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2008
cgift:

He is only a man. He confessed that he erred in saying that and has taken his word back. Don't crucify him.

I can't help but wonder why he said it - to draw people to his ministry, perhaps. Now they are there, they are hooked. How crafty these people are.

I wonder what else he has been lying about smiley
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by cgift(m): 1:53pm On Mar 05, 2008
It must have come in some moments of ecstasy when you feel so elated and anything becomes possible. It shows the lack of details and sensitivity to a high degree and leaves room for doubts of the words of the affected MOG. Benny many of the times looses his head in interview sessions and on the crusade platforms and says things that he should not have said or did not even happen.

God have mercy. In a very short while, his ministyr will be tried and the only thing that will save him will be if his ministry is genuinely in line with God's spirit else, he would be known to be only a phoney.
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by tpaine: 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2008
cgift:

It must have come in some moments of ecstasy when you feel so elated and anything becomes possible. It shows the lack of details and sensitivity to a high degree and leaves room for doubts of the words of the affected MOG. Benny many of the times looses his head in interview sessions and on the crusade platforms and says things that he should not have said or did not even happen.

God have mercy. In a very short while, his ministyr will be tried and the only thing that will save him will be if his ministry is genuinely in line with God's spirit else, he would be known to be only a phoney.

Can a "man of God" ever do wrong, that will not be whitewashed by his followers?
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by cgift(m): 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2008
tpaine:

Can a "man of God" ever do wrong, that will not be whitewashed by his followers?

You just said it all! Man of God. He can do wrong. Many have done wrong but the they still enjoy the grace of God to lead His people.
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 06, 2008
be careful how we criticise the '' Man of 'god' ''
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by tpaine: 10:10am On Mar 07, 2008
olrotimi:

be careful how we criticise the '' Man of 'god' ''

Goodness me! It just us, Africans, who are easily taken in by scam artists like Hinn, Or is it just a general human trait?
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by Obalende: 8:40pm On Mar 31, 2008
@ Originator of this topic.

Dont even go there!

I can infer that from your frequent attacks on the God of Israel and His servants say u de vex with God well well oh grin

No one has forced you to give him money, nor does he honestly care what you think; He has not asked you to believe the Lord - for you to just wake up and attack Benny Hinn will bring A CURSE ON YOUR LIFE (its in the Bible!). The same goes for Benson Idahosa if He was still alife or any other apostle! This is because you're opposing the work of God. Go and repent before God. Why? Because all true Ministry originate from God. Benny Hinn is Gods chosen vessel and there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. In the days of benson idahosa he was God's chosen vessel and there is nothing you can do about it. in the early 19s, Watchman Nee arose from China called of God and by God and there is nothing you can do about it. Benny Hinn is a called apostle - He did not call himself. Benson Idahosa was born and put in a bin - but He preached the Gospel to the whole world - and so is every called apostle.

I completely understand your quite rational and want people to be rational especially with giving money - and i understand u abhor emotional manipulation; but you must understand that when people give money, they are not giving unto man but unto God - and this is the God they themselves know - for Christianity is a revealed 'religion'. Giving money to a God you do not know is called religion, but giving to a God whom you have seen and known is Christianity.

And this is the difference with every true and called apostle - for the message of the Gospel is delivered IN THE POWER OF RESURRECTION so that the believing one does not receive religious and mental knowledge but life! the salvation of the spirit - I repeat GO AND REPENT!
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by Obalende: 8:46pm On Mar 31, 2008
maybe due to nigerian factor people do not see clear.

"And now I say unto you, refrain from these men, and let them alone, for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: but if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it, lest haply ye be found even to fight against God. (Acts 5:34)"
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by JayFK(m): 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2008
Obalende:

maybe due to nigerian factor people do not see clear.

"And now I say unto you, refrain from these men, and let them alone, for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: but if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it, lest haply ye be found even to fight against God. (Acts 5:34)"

Which is exactly what our problem is. They cannot be called to task, its always "leave it to God". Thats why our country is in the shitter. Ever heard of Peter Popoff?
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by Obalende: 9:21pm On Mar 31, 2008
@JayFK

Please believe whatever you wanna believe oh - i am no here to convince you.
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by JayFK(m): 9:23pm On Mar 31, 2008
Obalende:

@JayFK

Please believe whatever you want to believe oh - i am no here to convince you.

lulz, I thought the whole point of the forum was to discuss religion as a whole? so if they are robbing innocent Nigerians they should be left alone, is that what you are saying?
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by vicade(m): 9:26pm On Mar 31, 2008
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by JayFK(m): 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2008
JayFK:

lulz, I thought the whole point of the forum was to discuss religion as a whole? so if they are robbing innocent Nigerians they should be left alone, is that what you are saying?

no, I retract my statement. Anyone that is stupid enough to get systematically robbed by these charlatans deserves it. survival of the fittest no?
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by Obalende: 9:44pm On Mar 31, 2008
@ JayFK
Thanks for ur reply and that you are quite rational and have not resorted to insults or anything like that. It actully depends on what you mean by 'religion'.

You see i once used to reason along these lines: "Can God not send the money from heaven without people giving", "Why must God let africa to suffer look at the disparity between west and africa", "Why did God create Satan and why cant he just destroy him so that everything will be good?" God has the answers in the Bible. and I can give u the answers if you want.

You reserve the right to call Benny Hinn a charlatan as you see fit. But just seek this God for your self. It is a special thing to know Him for yourself not just because Bleep or yyy has said so.

I perfectly understand also the issue with money - no man is exempt from mismanagement of money - many calls for money appear like gimmicks no doubt - but look at the scale of the Ministry - could it have originated from man - since God might have detected that he is fake - why cant He stop Him - this shows that it is not a business venture in this case; this however does not annul the position we have in many places where people ARE EXPLOITED - i can defend benny hinn and a few and not just anybody.

and yes theer are frauds in the churcch so i understand were u r coming from.
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by JayFK(m): 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2008
Obalende:

I perfectly understand also the issue with money - no man is exempt from mismanagement of money - many calls for money appear like gimmicks no doubt - but look at the scale of the Ministry - could it have originated from man - since God might have detected that he is fake - why can't He stop Him - this shows that it is not a business venture in this case; this however does not annul the position we have in many places where people ARE EXPLOITED - i can defend benny hinn and a few and not just anybody.

and yes theer are frauds in the churcch so i understand were you're coming from.

They are very succesful con men, there have been a lot of very succesful con men throughout history, however these ones are a very special case since they come under the guise of religion, exploit people for their beliefs while simultaneously remaining tax exempt, making millions of dollars and using their platforms as a medium for dishing out their political beliefs. These con men notice how they try to lend credibility to their names by using the word "DR", very few of them completed university so how exactly do they get to use the title? ever heard of diploma mills? Notice how people with legitimate ailments, such as the crippled never walk and never get invited on stage? Notice how there has NEVERRRR been 1 verified miracle? This has all the makings of a con, but it sickens me that these people remain legitimate and they continue to prey off the gullible and those legitimate seekers of miracles. All the while they manage to quote scripture that states you should not judge them, you should instead leave it to God to decide.
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 01, 2008
the truth is that obalende and co. havent read much on this benny hinn guy. so they say what they know from the little they have seen and known. ah even my spirit tells me benny aint far from being a phoney. they are many of them in TBN.
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by JJYOU: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2008
mmmmmmmmmmmm there cons in every religion. there are is islamic cons too but you guys dare not talk about them for fear of seun and the mullahs. most of you just sit down in some cyber cafes and talk about things you dont know. benny hinn is this and that. he gets tax relief. for your info everyone and i mean everyone that has anything that has to do with the good of the common man can apply for charitable status and file your audited accounts yearly. this part of the world is not like nigeria where people cook books.

if you really believe he is a crook take it upon yourself and report him to the IRS for investigation
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by huxley(m): 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2008
JJYOU:

mmmmmmmmmmmm there cons in every religion. there are is islamic cons too but you guys dare not talk about them for fear of seun and the mullahs. most of you just sit down in some cyber cafes and talk about things you don't know. benny hinn is this and that. he gets tax relief. for your info everyone and i mean everyone that has anything that has to do with the good of the common man can apply for charitable status and file your audited accounts yearly. this part of the world is not like nigeria where people cook books.

if you really believe he is a crook take it upon yourself and report him to the IRS for investigation

I wonder why he hides his books from scrutiny by the evangelical body set up to clean up financial mismanagement. Other "reputable" pastors (notably Billy Graham) have joined and had their ministry examine. I wonder why Hinn would not submit to that. That alone does not mean he is a fraud, but it smacks of skeletons in cupboards.
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by osrii: 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2008
pastor benny is a man of god.no doubt
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by osrii: 2:51pm On Sep 30, 2008
HUXLEY, WHAT CAN U SAY ABT THE MAN
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by huxley(m): 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2008
I wonder why some christians would characterise him as a crook. Why would a man of god not be very obvious to god-followers and would engender some much bile from various christian camp?
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by JJYOU: 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2008
huxley:

I wonder why he hides his books from scrutiny by the evangelical body set up to clean up financial mismanagement.  Other "reputable" pastors (notably Billy Graham) have joined and had their ministry examine.  I wonder why Hinn would not submit to that.  That alone  does not mean he is a fraud, but it smacks of skeletons in cupboards.

the senate committee has given his ministry  a clean bill of health is not okay for you.  can you name here the people that set up the evangelical body cleaning up financial mismanagement and who regulates them.

anybody is permitted to set anything. we are all not required by law to acknowledge their existence let alone reply their letters.  as far as i know the figures he files annually can be viewed by anyone who legitimately feels he has right to see them.  if it was an english charity  you could actually see the figures online.   

i have said this before. God is not Nigeria and the rest of the world don't operate like Nigerians operate.  we come from a society that people do anything for money so we see anyone successfull as either a thief or a fraudstar because that is the only way people get rich in your environment.  surprise surprise  they are all not thieves.  some of them wake up everyday looking for ways to better their lives and that of  other millions.
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by camchupa: 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2008
therationa, i cannot guess what is wrong with you. you only look for ways of dragging christians away from God. you never post anything good on christianity. listen if you are not ready to receive the truth, allow others to. you are already getting making me vexed with your attitude. stop before the wrath of God descend on you.
  to others.
at times we wonder why things are going rough no matter how hard we try. talking evil about God's servants is one of the reasons. it seems to be small but before God it is not. i suggest we read the bible to see what happens to those who speak anyhow about his servants.  let your christianity be strong. do not allow those who do not love God to drag you from God. your standard should be the bible . no one progresses by wasting their time to talk about others.
  i am pleading seriously to us. please let us have a good mind set. i have now discovered the new weapon the devil is using to rob christians off their blessings. if our generation must make a mark, we must be careful of what we say .
  therationa, as for you i pray that it does not become too late for you. every trend you have ever posted is that of confusion. may you have a change of heart.
  may you all remain blessed.
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by huxley(m): 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2008
He has also been criticized by a number of Christian watchdog groups for not joining the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability . The Council is the leading accreditation agency that helps Christian ministries earn the public’s trust through adherence to seven standards of accountability. It has over 1,100 members, including Pat Robertson and Billy Graham. Benny Hinn refuses to join.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/main_miracles.html
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by JJYOU: 11:21pm On Sep 30, 2008
i dont know where you reside. just type in ministries in america into google and see how many you get. there must be millions of ministries in america. so you conclude that a man refuses to join a voluntary organisation of 1100 members he must have something to hide. some places like atlanta and texas alone should have 100,000 ministries each. so every ministries there that didnt join the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability are crooks or have something to hide

this is sad. hope you will like for you and whatever organisation you belong to be judged by the same criteria you judge benny hinn and others you guys choose to hate?.
Re: Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook? by huxley(m): 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2008
JJYOU:

i don't know where you reside. just type in ministries in america into google and see how many you get. there must be millions of ministries in america. so you conclude that a man refuses to join a voluntary organisation of 1100 members he must have something to hide. some places like atlanta and texas alone should have 100,000 ministries each. so every ministries there that didnt join the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability are crooks or have something to hide

this is sad. hope you will like for you and whatever organisation you belong to be judged by the same criteria you judge benny hinn and others you guys choose to hate?.

Where shall I start?

For a ministry of its standing, with the millions he receives from followers and the exception he enjoys from taxes, I think it behooves him to be a bit more open with his finances. I would not necessarily expect a small ministry to be in a position of defrauding as many as a large ministry, hence the more reason for transparency. But that is not to say that the size of the ministry is a determinant as to whether they are crooks or not.

He consistentl refusing to provide people whom he claims have been healed.

He makes prophecies that never come to pass. Like the one he made saying that Jesus was going to appear on stage with him in an African country. Man, what do you think of this one? Would you not have gone to the crusade to see Jesus, if you had believed in him?

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 - 20 Questions From Huxley In The Huxley-Noetic Marathon / If Logicboy Was Broke!!! / 1 John 5:7 : The Real Story!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.