Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria (7036 Views)

Nairaland Has Shown Me Where The Jobs Are / Are You Looking For Job? Let The Jobs Looks For You With This. / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 10:06pm On Dec 24, 2012
Hello Nairalanders,

Like many nigerian graduates, i am still jobless. Though i got a job in Victoria Island 3 months ago as web developer. The take home pay was 35,000 naira per month. I currently stay with my parents in Akute. Those of you that know Akute very well will have started laughing at me right now. grin Its not because the place is a slum or whatever, its because i spend 1,350 naira everyday to get to work and come back. That will be like 21,600 naira every month on transport alone since i only go to work four days a week (mon - thur)! shocked I neva even calculate money for food, recharge cards, toothpaste, soap etc. I was desperate for a job then and quickly accepted it. Well i am back in the labour market once again angry

I did not start this thread so that you guys can pity me oooo grin.

Lately i have been applying for many job offers and i have been called for interview by some of the employers. Hopefully before the new year i should get one cry

THE PROBLEM
During my few years of job search (i graduated in 2009), i have observed that jobs like very other necessities in nigeria do not circulate properly. YES, there are not enough jobs to go round everybody right now and the few that are available are just hanging somewhere. Only the ones with the "connections" or the first-come-first-serve people get the jobs.

Luckily we have a lot of career websites coming up these days where you can quickly get job opportunities on a daily basis. The problem started when some of these websites started offering premium services. You go to some of these career websites and they ask you to pay money for extra priviledges. HELLO SPOILER ALERT: "I AM SUPPOSED TO BE JOBBLESS!!!". How will i pay 3000 naira to 4 different careers websites when i am looking for the next cash i will use to print my cv (only god knows how many i have printed). This means that jobseekers who can manage to pay for these services get to see new jobs before me. sometimes some of these sites will not allow you to to see some of the job details unless you subscribe to their premium service.

This led me to take the law into my hands grin. I created a tool that allows us(jobseekers) see the jobworld the same way google sees the web.
With one click i want to know when new post about a job of my interest has been posted anywhere on the internet. Search and filter by date. Get suggestion about jobs similar to my field and also know the trending jobs right now. IN SHORT: ONCE A JOB IS POSTED ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT IT. Remember the first come first serve issue. We should remember that one open position can be flooded with thousands of applications in a single day! Some of these employers do not have the time to go through most of the applications. They just pick some and throw the rest away. Do you guyz remember this post some weeks ago https://www.nairaland.com/1140047/800000-people-applying-1500-inec. It says over 800,000 applied for inec job. Do you think inec will go through all 800,000? Its first come first serve.

We can only achieve this if we have access to all the career websites at once. Search and sort them collectively.

I created the search engine jobler.me(www.jobler.me). It solves many of the problems we jobseekers face. I will explain some of its features:

1. Monitor careers portals of companies and listen for new job listings
I have taken the liberty to add careers portals of many companies in Nigeria to the index of the search engine. Some are:
MTN nigeria, zenith bank, stanbic ibtc, airtel nigeria, etisalat, 7 UP Bottling Co PLC (7UP), Access Bank PLC (ACCESS), Adswitch PLC, African Alliance Insurance PLC, African Paints Nigeria PLC, Afromedia Nigeria Ltd, AG Leventis & Co PLC, Aiico Insurance PLC, Airline Services and Logistics PLC, Aluminum Extrusion Industries PLC, Arbico PLC, Ashaka Cement PLC, ASO Savings and Loans PLC, Associated Bus Co PLC, Austin Laz Co PLC, Beco Petroleum Product PLC, Berger Paints Nigeria PLC, C&I Leasing PLC, Cadbury Nigeria PLC, Capital Hotel PLC, Capital Oil PLC, Champion Breweries PLC, Chams Nigeria PLC, Chellarams PLC, Chemical and Allied Products PLC, Conoil PLC, Consolidated Hallmark Insurance PLC, Continental Reinsurance PLC, Cornerstone Insurance PLC, Courteville Investments PLC, Crusader Nigeria PLC, Custodian and Allied Insurance PLC, Cutix PLC, DAAR Communication PLC, Dangote Cement PLC, Dangote Flour Mills PLC, Dangote Sugar Refinery PLC, Deap Capital Management and Trust PLC, Diamond Bank PLC, DN Meyer PLC, Dunlop Nigeria PLC, E-Tranzact International PLC, Ecobank Transnational Inc, Ekocorp PLC, Ellah Lakes PLC, Equity Assurance PLC, Eterna Oil & Gas PLC, Evans Medical PLC, FBN Holdings Plc, FBN MOrtgages, Fidelity Bank PLC, Fidson Healthcare PLC , First Aluminium Nigeria PLC, First City Monument Bank PLC, FLOUR MILLS OF NIGERIA PLC, Forte Oil PLC, Fortis Microfinance Bank Plc, FTN Cocoa Processors PLC, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria PLC, Great Nigerian Insurance PLC, Greif Nigeria PLC, Guaranty Trust Bank PLC, Guinea Insurance PLC , Guinness Nigeria PLC, Honeywell Flour Mill PLC, IHS Nigeria PLC, Ikeja Hotel PLC, Intercontinental Wapic Insurance PLC, Interlinked Technologies PLC, International Breweries PLC, International Energy Insurance PLC, IPWA PLC, Japaul Oil & Maritime Services PLC, John Holt PLC, JOS International Breweries PLC, Juli PLC , Julius Berger Nigeria PLC, Lafarge Cement WAPCO Nigeria PLC, Lasaco Assurance PLC, Law Union & Rock Insurance PLC, Linkage Assurance PLC, Livestock Feeds PLC, Mansard Insurance PLC, MAY & Baker Nigeria PLC, McNichols Consolidated PLC , Mobil Nigeria PLC, Morison Industries PLC, Multi-Trex Integrated Foods PLC, Multiverse PLC, Mutual Benefits Assurance PLC, National Salt Co Nigeria PLC, NCR Nigeria PLC, Neimeth International Pharmaceuticals PLC, NEM Insurance Co Nigeria PLC, Nestle Nigeria PLC, Niger Insurance Co PLC, Nigeria Enamelware Co PLC, Nigeria Energy Sector Fund, Nigerian Aviation Handling Co PLC, Nigerian Bag Manufacturing Co PLC, Nigerian Breweries PLC, Nigerian Eagle Airlines, Nigerian Wire and Cable PLC, Nigerian-German Chemicals PLC, Northern Nigeria Flour Mills PLC, NPF Microfinance Bank PLC, Oando Plc, Oasis Insurance PLC, Okomu Oil Palm PLC, Omatek Ventures PLC, Paints & Coatings Manufacture PLC, Pharma-Deko PLC, Portland Paints & Products Nigeria PLC, Premier Breweries PLC, Premier Paints PLC, Presco PLC, Prestige Assurance Co PLC, PS Mandrides PLC, PZ Cussons Nigeria PLC, Red Star Express PLC, Regency Alliance Insurance PLC , Resort Savings & Loans PLC, Roads Nigeria PLC, Rokana Industries PLC, Royal Exchange Assurance PLC , RT Briscoe Nigeria PLC, S C O A Nigeria PLC, Skye Bank PLC, Sovereign Trust Insurance PLC, Staco Insurance PLC, Stanbic IBTC Holding Co, Standard Alliance Insurance PLC , Sterling Bank PLC, Studio Press Nigeria PLC, Tantalizers PLC, Thomas Wyatt Nigeria PLC, Total Nigeria PLC, Trans-Nationwide Express PLC, Transnational Corp of Nigeria PLC, Tripple GEE and Co PLC, UAC of Nigeria PLC, UACN Property Development Co PLC, UBA Holdings PLC, UBA Registrars Ltd, Unic Insurance PLC, Unilever Nigeria PLC, Union Bank of Nigeria PLC, Union Diagnostic & Clinical Services PLC, Union Homes Real Estate Investment Trust PLC, Union Ventures & Petroleum PLC, United Bank for Africa PLC, Unity Bank PLC, Universal Insurance Co PLC, University Press PLC, UTC Nigeria PLC, Vitafoam Nigeria PLC, Vono Products PLC, Wema Bank PLC, Accenture PWC Chevron Diageo Virgin BA Air France KlM Ericsson GSK (GlaxoSmithKline) Shell Unilever.

I am still adding more and if you feel i have missed any company and you are sure they have a career portal please post their career portal address here so that we can add them.

2. Monitor and search dedicated job websites:

We are more familiar with these websites than the ones above. eg ngcareers, gigajobs, naijahotjobs etc. They tend to be very active with a lot of jobseekers searching desperately on this websites. Well now we can collectively look at all these sites at once. filter out those listings that dont make sense or that are not relevant to us. This websites DO NOT need to be manually added. I have programmed web spiders designined specifically for looking for sites like these. Their list will grow over time. I currently have about 283 of them in the index. They are monitored constantly.

3. Time specific search:

Job listing depends much on the time factor. Jobs lists are boosted with respect to time. This means stale jobs are further pushed down the search results. This means that the results you see in the search results are for jobs that are still much available. You filter TODAY, YESTERDAY, LAST WEEK or LASTMONTH.

4. Subscribe to free alerts:

Even if you are not on the website and a new job is posted relating to your career, You will be automatically notified. So u dont have to stayed to your system.

5. Google style search:

I decided to design the search engine similar to what Google offers. It has hit highlighting (this means that the results are highlighted whenever there is a match.) and it also offers a correction to your queries in any case you mispelled any of your words. It also offers result grouping if too many similar reults are being retuned for a particular.

6. Career suggest:

Below the search results is a suggest tool that suggest similar careers path you can take that is available in the index.

These are all the features i have added so far. I should be able to achieve more during the holidays.

If you know of a feature we should add please tell us so that everyon can benefit.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you use this tool and you get a job pls tell say it here on nairaland. It will surely help others.

Thank you and merry christmas in advance. grin

4 Likes

Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 7:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
New companies job portals added to the index are:
Nigerian Breweries
Ecobank Nigeria Plc
African Petroleum Plc
Keystone Bank
Wema Bank
Nestle Nigeria Plc
Afribank Nigeria Plc
Fidelity Bank Nigeria
IBTC Stanbic IBTC Bank
Standard Chartered Bank
SPBK Spring Bank Plc
Access Bank Nigeria
Diamond Bank Plc
Skye Bank Plc
Benue Cement Company Nigeria
Equity Assurance Plc
Unilever
Dangote Flour Mills Plc
Standard Trust Assurance Nigeria
Sterling Bank Plc Nigeria
Nigerian Bottling Company
Conoil Plc Nigeria
Oasis Insurance Plc
Chevron Oil Nigeria

Please If you know of any one i have omitted, share the link to the company's career page so that we can add to the index.
Thank you.
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by shaqhead: 7:50pm On Dec 25, 2012
More grease to ur elbow man!!
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 8:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
@shaqhead : Thank you. grin
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by assalaamat(m): 9:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
I must confess,you're a genius.May God bless you,may you succeed in all your endeavours.Thank you soo much,keep it up!
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 8:53am On Dec 26, 2012
@asalamaat: thank you
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 11:18am On Dec 26, 2012
just added today:
Starcomms PLC
A G LEVENTIS (NIG) PLC
ACEN INSURANCE COMPANY PLC
ADSWITCH PLC
AFRICAN PAINTS NIGERIA PLC
AFRICAN PETROLEUM PLC
AFRIK PHARMACEUTICALS PLC
AFRO OIL PLC
AIICO INSURANCE PLC
AIRLINE SERVICES & LOGISTICS LTD
ALUMACO PLC
ANINO INTERNATIONAL PLC
ASO Savings and Loans Plc
ATLAS NIGERIA LTD
Acorn Petroleum Plc
African Alliance Insurance Company Limited
Afromedia Plc

visit www.jobler.me to see full list and search them all.
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by Debeloved87(m): 1:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
Guy u too make sense...am also living in that area, iju-ishaga. I am hunting for job badly and no gud one comin forth yet, so for am managin a private schl wer am bein paid 18k as a graduate and i have work 4just two months,d second months was dis december and my employer proposed to pay me just half of the 18k which is to be paid in january 2013 and infact i cant begin to give my job description,because sharing mysef in2 two wont still be enauf to ease the stress coming from that heck of a job, infact i dnt even pray 2return to dat schl dis january, i hop 4a beta option...however yesterday a friend gave me a suggestion to subscribe to the sites that gave out job vacancies and details and i was thinking about their charges, how can someone still looking 4cash to buy credit card, print CVs transport here and there to get a job stil pay a huge amount of money per month just to receive a job alert its quite unfair, chargin fee its ok but not an enormous amount. however in the midst of these "societal crisis" i came across your post and i will be glad to join your website and also subscribe to receive job alerts...may God continue to bless you real good.
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
Debeloved87: Guy u too make sense...am also living in that area, iju-ishaga. I am hunting for job badly and no gud one comin forth yet, so for am managin a private schl wer am bein paid 18k as a graduate and i have work 4just two months,d second months was dis december and my employer proposed to pay me just half of the 18k which is to be paid in january 2013 and infact i cant begin to give my job description,because sharing mysef in2 two wont still be enauf to ease the stress coming from that heck of a job, infact i dnt even pray 2return to dat schl dis january, i hop 4a beta option...however yesterday a friend gave me a suggestion to subscribe to the sites that gave out job vacancies and details and i was thinking about their charges, how can someone still looking 4cash to buy credit card, print CVs transport here and there to get a job stil pay a huge amount of money per month just to receive a job alert its quite unfair, chargin fee its ok but not an enormous amount. however in the midst of these "societal crisis" i came across your post and i will be glad to join your website and also subscribe to receive job alerts...may God continue to bless you real good.

You will get one soon. Just subscribe to the alerts at the bottom of the result page and you will be updated daily about new jobs that fit your description.

1 Like

Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2012
As i read the topic, i felt like crying. Not that i feel anx pity for u ooo. But i just feel ur contribuition towardr alleviating the plights of job seekers. Bro. God would surely bless u.

1 Like

Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 9:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
@dirtymoney: Thank you my brother. I hope this tool helps us all. grin
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
Just added:
Arbico Plc
BAICO INSURANCE PLC
BERGER PAINTS PLC
C F A O NIG
CADBURY NIGERIA PLC
CAPITAL HOTELS PLC
CAPITAL OIL
CRUSADER INSURANCE (NIG) Plc
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 9:56am On Jan 02, 2013
Happy new year to everyone. Sorry for the "break in transmission". I was enjoying the holiday too much that i forgot the task at hand grin
Anyway, I added this list of sites this morning:

ROCAD Construction Limited
Buildstruct Nigeria Ltd
ROCAD Construction Limited
Buildstruct Nigeria Ltd
Addax
GSH
Total
Agip
Kakawa Discount House Limited
Resourcery
John Holt Plc
Arik Air
Aero Contractors

Happy jobsearching.
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by ponana(m): 2:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
Nice one man..I would definately subscribe to your website.
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 5:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
ponana: Nice one man..I would definately subscribe to your website.

Thank you. I am happy u found it useful.
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 11:15am On Jan 03, 2013
To help enhance the search results, you guys can suggest other places where u get your own job listings too asides the popular portals.
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by shegs01: 4:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
Thumbs up bro...you did a great job
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 10:18am On Jan 14, 2013
shegs01: Thumbs up bro...you did a great job

thanks man.
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
Okay. Today, i made some major modifications to the user interface and the ranking algo.
And also ability to suggest corrections to mispelled job queries.

Happy searching. grin
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by baslone: 9:14am On Jan 19, 2013
sarutobi: Okay. Today, i made some major modifications to the user interface and the ranking algo.
And also ability to suggest corrections to mispelled job queries.

Happy searching. grin

I tried sending you an email from here but unfortunately not going through.

Let me have your email first or phone number - olasupobadmos@gmail.com.

I'll send you my phone number or you send yours, anyone that makes it fast.

I have business deal for you.
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 11:47am On Jan 19, 2013
baslone:

I tried sending you an email from here but unfortunately not going through.

Let me have your email first or phone number - olasupobadmos@gmail.com.

I'll send you my phone number or you send yours, anyone that makes it fast.

I have business deal for you.

I just sent u a mail.
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by dansmog(m): 8:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
sarutobi:

I just sent u a mail.
please send me one too with your number, there is an issue i need to talk with you, and the place you stay at, is it too far from Ago, please send me the mail or msg me your name to my phone 07045670524; juwonanthony@gmail.com
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by xandy84: 8:39am On Jan 21, 2013
Nice one man... This are topic that should make front page not Tonto dike nonsense...

1 Like

Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by nkenzino(m): 11:16am On Jan 21, 2013
Wow thumbs up sarutobi. what a great idea.
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by Koolmexxi(m): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bros more grease and ororo to ur elbows and all ur joints. Dis has got to b d most innovative idea of d year. Atleast we jobseekers can now afford to see vacancies atleast to apply.
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 10:42am On Jan 25, 2013
--
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by dansmog(m): 11:24am On Jan 26, 2013
sarutobi: --
please i need your contact! I was happy to see your post, but unfortunately, i didnt see any post but this ''--'' please lets me have your contact juwonanthony@gmail.com
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 11:22am On Feb 05, 2013
--//
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by olabiz2010: 11:48am On Feb 05, 2013
@OP which area are you staying in Akute. My place is around Isasi road. Let's hook up pls
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by dansmog(m): 4:05pm On Feb 09, 2013
sarutobi,,, you don get competitor oh! Just saying, i think it is time to take it very serious. Here is ur competitor www.plentiplenti.com it was created by a nairalander too.
Re: www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria by sarutobi: 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2013
dansmog++:
sarutobi,,, you don get competitor oh! Just saying, i think it is time to take it very serious. Here is ur competitor www.plentiplenti.com it was created by a nairalander too.

Ah. I love competiton. Like a movie I am eager to know the end. Who wins (actor or boss) smiley

But seriously, both search engines and many more will not saturate the market.

It is a welcome devellopment and and I must say kudos to the developers.

You mentioned the owner is also a nairalander? I will like to meet that psn online. Do u know him/her? Is it javanian from the programming section? smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seio Oil And Gas Graduate Trainee Program / Vacancy In Federal Civil Service Commission / British Council Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.