Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,941 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal (12790 Views)

How A Medical Doctor Became A Pipeline Vandal / From Medicine To Finance: Looking For A Job / Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by Shaw007(m): 4:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
#80million:

shaw 07,ur left Yansh.
U be fake 007,ders only one 007 James Bond!
ur Left nyansH

LOoks whO's taLking,8OMILLION undecided

. . .smh!
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by sundaybam(m): 4:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dr oil. He tried sha two child out of univ.
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by TCD: 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
onyxo76: my brother I have passed my primaries for more than 4 years now, to get placement for residency is very tough. It now who you know etc,however, he is still a disgrace to our proffesion.
which residency programme have you been trying to get into? Surgery?
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by GeneralGaricks: 4:36pm On Dec 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Oil Business is very lucrative.

For those that have the mind. A civilian cannot do oil business empty handed, if you get my drift. So what are they shouting about Who are the knigpins He is just a middleman.

And by January 2013, they will warn him and set him free again. Naija i hail.
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by Ilekokonit: 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2012
In the 1980's, 20% of my medical school set used to cheat to pass exams and now in the 21st century there are Semi-Love Peddlers and Love-Peddlers who have qualified as Doctors. So him being a Medic doesn't prove his dilligence or discipline 'cos by their fruits you shall know them.

However, Sade Ayileka, deputy director of social services with the secretariat, denied that innocent bystanders were rounded up. She said the team invaded popular red-light districts in Abuja to apprehend the suspects.

Mrs Ayileka accused the women of laziness. She cited a medical doctor who was arrested some time ago whose colleagues had to beg for her release because she was supposed be on call the next day.

http://nigeriannewsservice.com/nns-news-archive/lead-stories/abujas-losing-battle-against-prostitution
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by Aizebioje(m): 6:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
cheleku:
Burn him? I can't believe the level of savagery in this country.
It was on a lighter note!
A stiff jail sentence would be much more appropriate!
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by billionman: 6:36pm On Dec 25, 2012
Lagusta: What is wrong with this guy... Doesn't he know that Medicine is an art... In fact a noble art

I always tell medics in my thread, don't study medicine if it is only for the money, cos you may run into trouble one day....

Why didn't he write his primary fellowship exam and specialize in surgery or internal medicine, that way he'll earn a better salary... Registrars are paid btw 230-265,000...

Well, that's the end of his career anyway

My guy I believe you are a doc too. Residency in Nigeria is no longer game as usual. Getting placement these days is something else. Passing primaries is one thing, getting a space for residency is another thing except you have connections. The labour market for medical practice in Nigeria is fully saturated
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
53rd to comment....
I personally hide my post
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by vitality22(m): 7:07pm On Dec 25, 2012
#80million:
*speechless*

i made top 5
M-U-M-U
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by vitality22(m): 7:10pm On Dec 25, 2012
billion_man:

My guy I believe you are a doc too. Residency in Nigeria is no longer game as usual. Getting placement these days is something else. Passing primaries is one thing, getting a space for residency is another thing except you have confections. The labour market for medical practice in Nigeria is fully saturated
You totally took the words out of my mouth.
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by onyxo76(m): 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
billion_man:

My guy I believe you are a doc too. Residency in Nigeria is no longer game as usual. Getting placement these days is something else. Passing primaries is one thing, getting a space for residency is another thing except you have confections. The labour market for medical practice in Nigeria is fully saturated
na so , I have several colleagues who have quit medicine altogether and are very well in other fields.
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by onyxo76(m): 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
TCD: which residency programme have you been trying to get into? Surgery?
its community health or public health. After going round several teaching hospitals I just got fed up with empty promises and waiting lists. I thank God that I ve learnt a few things that bring in some other streams of income aside my medical officer job in govt hospital and the streams are not medical related. Remeber dr bariyu and dog on nigeria got talent show that just concluded last 2 weeks? He and I finished from ife together.
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by yoged(m): 8:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
BBPREYEgarri:

Na wa
it seems u r suffering from bipolar mood disorder. You quoated that just to say na wa ooooo. @op. So 90,000k isn't enought for him. Smh. Very greedy man.
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by billionman: 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
onyxo76: its community health or public health. After going round several teaching hospitals I just got fed up with empty promises and waiting lists. I thank God that I ve learnt a few things that bring in some other streams of income aside my medical officer job in govt hospital and the streams are not medical related. Remeber dr bariyu and dog on nigeria got talent show that just concluded last 2 weeks? He and I finished from ife together.

So that guy is a doc too? Wow!!!
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by TCD: 9:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
onyxo76: its community health or public health. After going round several teaching hospitals I just got fed up with empty promises and waiting lists. I thank God that I ve learnt a few things that bring in some other streams of income aside my medical officer job in govt hospital and the streams are not medical related. Remeber dr bariyu and dog on nigeria got talent show that just concluded last 2 weeks? He and I finished from ife together.
I can understand how frustrating it is. Children of professors and consultants usually have no problems getting spots. That's how this country is.

Have you tried getting out of this Godforsaken country to practice?
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by Ilekokonit: 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2012
TCD:
I can understand how frustrating it is. Children of professors and consultants usually have no problems getting spots. That's how this country is.

In my time (1980's), some Med School classmates who were children of Professors actually had access to the exam questions before the exam date. And only those who were ready to lick their a.ss were shown the exam questions before hand. This is on top of the 20% of our class mates who cheated to pass the exams.
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by Moschino26(m): 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
Sorry to say 'The crime pays!' But then we humans have this natural tendency that our desires are insatiable. Why didnt he quit after he has made good money out of it.

Well i trust naija january 2013 dem go free am again.
No be money we'all dey find?!!
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by 80million1: 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
Shaw007: ur Left nyansH

LOoks whO's taLking,8OMILLION undecided

. . .smh!

*speechless*

that's my name baby, 80million.
U can say that again!
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by 80million1: 10:17pm On Dec 25, 2012
vitality22:
M-U-M-U

your left yansh!
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by dalu: 12:15am On Dec 26, 2012
[What is wrong with this guy... Doesn't he know that Medicine is an art... In fact a noble art

I always tell medics in my thread, don't study medicine if it is only for the money, cos you may run into trouble one day....

Why didn't he write his primary fellowship exam and specialize in surgery or internal medicine, that way he'll earn a better salary... Registrars are paid btw 230-265,000...

Well, that's the end of his career anyway]

dude while you are right in principle plase stop misinforming people i'm a senior resident in surgery (luth) and my salary is 204,000(registrars get about 190k)

if you take into consideration the fact that getting placement in a programme is as tough as nails nowadays and semi-illitrate con-men are cleaning up and buying private jets while the nation's youth conspire to give awards to the likes of bode george(don't get me started on anenih) there will be more of this sham in the near future

bottom-line the average nigerian has to deal with an ever dwindling quality of care ( for many reasons) the rich will simply jet off to germany treat common ailments (usually with taxpayers money)and while telling the aforementioned average nigerian that all is well with the heathcare sysytem in place.

The end......
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by dalu: 12:16am On Dec 26, 2012
typo...... i meant to say please ...... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by OCcool: 7:12am On Dec 26, 2012
Are u sure u re well at all? Did u av 2 quote d whole page just 2 write 'ok'. mtcheeew @ojoko1 well as 4 d doc nw u know dat greed does nt pay.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Abandons Medicine To Be A Pipeline Vandal by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2012
hahahaha. Be like say surgeons are the richest of the doctors. Anyway why didn't he specialize in surgery if he needed plenty money badly. He's a bad ar.se

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Keep Your Jobs In A Difficult Economy - Entrepreneurs Advise Workers / Sunkanmi Vaughan ‘1000+ Business Ideas And Money Sources Directory’, Tops Google / Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.