Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 (40356 Views)

If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by sholay2011(m): 7:21am On Dec 27, 2012
All the movies listed above make sense...even wiv superb acting. Talk abt ramsey noah and funlola aofiyebi in 'figurine', or nse ikpe etim in 'mr nd mrs' or funke akindele in 'maami'.
It's gud when we criticise dem sometimes, but nigerians lack d skill of constructive criticism...as if they wud av done smth far better.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Kolade9(m): 7:26am On Dec 27, 2012
Figurine,the best Nigerian movie.........ever.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Mospring(m): 7:30am On Dec 27, 2012
olybob: guy u gt ham well all dis semi American movie me I no knw o. OUR OWN NA OUR OWN.
Naija best collections unravelled; i watched dem all... very interesting indeed!!
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Ninilowo(m): 7:35am On Dec 27, 2012
Eze Promoe: 1. Aki na Pawpaw
2. Osuofia
3. Zebudiah
4. Living in bondage
5. Mr. Ibu
6. Isakaba
7. Ukwa
8. Last burial
9. Narrow escape
10. Lion of Africa

Do I look outdated undecided

Naah!!!
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by mbulela: 7:56am On Dec 27, 2012
i have seen most flicks on that list. Phoneawap was very good, Mr and Mrs good but Mirror boy was a waste of my precious time.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by mbulela: 8:00am On Dec 27, 2012
Figurine was also very good.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by chacha3(f): 8:01am On Dec 27, 2012
I watch mostly season movies dis yr ,can't come up wit any nollywood movie ooo
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by mystikal(m): 8:13am On Dec 27, 2012
slimyem: Of the ten,i've seen "Maami" and "Figurine" and they stand out from the regular.
Nollywood is improving...
They'll get there someday!smiley
..figurine is old btw...

Is it older than Sitanda up there?

Poster clearly stated they were not necessarily new movies
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Trailii: 8:36am On Dec 27, 2012
Wat of d mirror boy. Dat film is hot.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Googler(m): 8:40am On Dec 27, 2012
@op
Are these available on DVD and where can one get them in Lagos?
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Jossy4luv1(m): 8:41am On Dec 27, 2012
pls guys i nid ur asistance..i watched a nollywood movie on a dstv station bt couldnt finish watching and i dnt even knw d title..in d play majid michael was deported 4rm oversea and when he came back he was living with a friend and afta sometime,d mother of his friend started posing love towards him..pls i nid d tile of dat film if u have watched it..tanxs
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by yogun(f): 8:54am On Dec 27, 2012
I have only seen Mr&Mrs from that list and it made a lot of sense. Will look up some more on the list.

Many tnks
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by kingsilly(m): 8:58am On Dec 27, 2012
POLICE CAP: I now hate nairaland bt since d thread is jst starting n I am d 8th to coment...leme jst drop smtin.

I watch nollywood movies based on quality of production, storyline, vitual effects. Haven watched sm of these listed movies, I no fit near any yeye shop say I wan buy or rent film. The real films aint in d market yet
tongue

Other films dt mk sense are-
The child
Cindy's note
White waters
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 27, 2012
Even though i have watched some films the OP mentioned, Nollywood films ain't my favorite as Nollywood has a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very longgg way to go!

Nollywood should try harder!
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by JamesLucia: 9:42am On Dec 27, 2012
false alarm
state of emergency
hour of grace
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 27, 2012
POLICE CAP: I now hate nairaland bt since d thread is jst starting n I am d 8th to coment...leme jst drop smtin.

I watch nollywood movies based on quality of production, storyline, vitual effects. Haven watched sm of these listed movies, I no fit near any yeye shop say I wan buy or rent film. The real films aint in d market yet
tongue

Other films dt mk sense are-
The child
Cindy's note
White waters

I watched cindy's Note too....its nice but not among my top 10
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 27, 2012
slimyem: Of the ten,i've seen "Maami" and "Figurine" and they stand out from the regular.
Nollywood is improving...
They'll get there someday!smiley
..figurine is old btw...

Well I watched it this year.......for reasons I already stated smiley
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 27, 2012
AmBeautiful: Even though i have watched some films the OP mentioned, Nollywood films ain't my favorite as Nollywood has a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very longgg way to go!

Nollywood should try harder!

So what else do you want dear? The ones whereby they shoot sporadically everywhere until they shoot no more? The ones whereby we know the hero of the movie won't die no matter his challenges? The ones where police fight a criminal one after the other instead of them to rush him at once? Oh puhlease! The moment nollywood starts to act that shii is when I stop watching. If I wanto to watch those senseless movies, I know where to get them; Nollywood should not come and add their own............

For me Nollywood is not just improving it has reached what I expect of it. What I want now is a regulatory body to drive pound road and idumota guys out of the industry
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Rotmyt: 10:47am On Dec 27, 2012
I don't watch nollywood movies but my friend mistakenly purchased movie tickets for single and married thinking it was a black american movie. I was wowed all the way and resolved to watch more of the good stuff.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 27, 2012
homesteady: anybody dat says Nolllywood storyline is bad should go and write his/her own story......let us see weda it'll be better dan all dis latern books.
If u say d storyliine is bad,why did u choose letter-writing instead of story in WAEC english eassy?
If u say d image quality is bad....abeg go buy 3D camera 4 dem.
If u say deir acting is fake....u sabi act pass dem?.
It just baffles me wen some idiats criticise Nollywood films...even wen d world recogonise dem...smh

Dude, your thought process and analogy are all wrong.

The fact remains, whilst Nollywood has produced some decent movies in recent times, there are more bad than good, both in terms of script, quality, storylines, editing etc.

Just because viewers haven't produced movies doesn't mean they're blind to the bad productions. I'm sure you've criticised certain makes of automobile, which you're within your right to do. By your own analogy, you'd have to have built an automobile yourself, to be able to criticise others, right?

You're being unduly emotional here. Just because I'm Nigerian doesn't mean I'll praise every Nigerian production, out of a blind sense of loyalty. You call critics 1diots, which makes no sense. Every industry needs critics in order to grow, to improve. Are you honestly telling me ALL Nollywood movies are beyond reproach? Because if you are, then you've got a long way to go, and you're going to be at war with the world. I'm a realist before a patriot, and if a Nollywood / Nigerian production is rubbish, I will say so, regardless.

Learn to accept criticism, and you'll excel at whatever you turn your hand to.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Meeah: 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
"I'll take my chances" is another interesting one. clean pictures and beautiful storyline.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by EzePromoe: 12:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jossy4luv1: pls guys i nid ur asistance..i watched a nollywood movie on a dstv station bt couldnt finish watching and i dnt even knw d title..in d play majid michael was deported 4rm oversea and when he came back he was living with a friend and afta sometime,d mother of his friend started posing love towards him..pls i nid d tile of dat film if u have watched it..tanxs
There's no way you will watch a DStv station that you won't know the title of a film even if you didn't started from the begining, so go back to that AIT you watched it from and keep on praying and hoping that they do a repeat broadcast tongue
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
My list, in random order. Some I've watched prior to 2012, but have watched again this year:

* Mr & Mrs.
* Figurine.
* Kiss & Tell.
* Ties That Bind.
* Private Enemy.
* Face Of Destiny.
* Forces Of Nature.
* The Professionals.
* Girls Cot.
* Blackberry Babes Reloaded.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
Meeah: "I'll take my chances" is another interesting one. clean pictures and beautiful storyline.

Yea....I've not watched this but I wanna watch it cos I stumbled on the making of the movie last month......its a good production surely
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by ijebabe: 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
Lol speedy, we think alike!
Nice one
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
Siena: My list, in random order. Some I've watched prior to 2012, but have watched again this year:

* Mr & Mrs.
* Figurine.
* Kiss & Tell.
* Ties That Bind.
* Private Enemy.
* Face Of Destiny.
* Forces Of Nature.
* The Professionals.
* Girls Cot.
* Blackberry Babes Reloaded.

Apart from the first four, I don't think the rest is worth watching! IMO

I ALSO love kiss and tell as well.
I still haven't watched ties that bind. I wasn't Nollywood's friend when it was showing at the cinemas then
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijebabe: Lol speedy, we think alike!
Nice one

C'mmon give us your own list wink
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by MrTAnonymous(m): 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
In your list,I think I luv Araromire and Mr&Mrs.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
Pls house,where can I get all dese films.I've only watched figurine and I was wowed.please where can I get them all,I've heard a lot about dem.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by mystikal(m): 11:20am On Dec 28, 2012
For those asking about "I'll take my chances", it is an ok movie. It is one of those movies where I expected more because I had watched the making before watching the actual movie. It is an okay movie. Brilliant camera work.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 28, 2012
mZ sleeq: Pls house,where can I get all dese films.I've only watched figurine and I was wowed.please where can I get them all,I've heard a lot about dem.

Go to the cinema cos most are not yet on DVD.
FIGURINE, Mr&Mrs, ije and a few ones are already on DVD; you can get 'em at media hubs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which of these TV Show Scenes Broke You? / BBNaija - Alex Cries As Leo Gets Evicted From The House / Top Ten Reality Tv Shows In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.