Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Crispy Potato - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Crispy Potato (1279 Views)

How To Make Crispy Delicious Scotch Eggs / 11 Secret Herbs And Spice For Kfc Crispy Chicken / The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crispy Potato by Attention(f): 3:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
pls can somebody teach me how to fry irish potato and get it crispy. when i fry mine after a while it get soft as if melting. But those bought from eatries are crispy all the time!
Re: Crispy Potato by yomibabe(f): 6:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
Its always like dat when I fry too just buy the packed ones from shoprite and any big supermarket and its very crispy ans saves time
Re: Crispy Potato by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 30, 2012
To get them crispy, try frying them twice.

Soak them in ice water for at least 30 minutes first to get some of the starch out. When you fry the potatoes, do not fry too many at a time as they'll take longer to cook. Fry it the first time until they're very light brown, like they're just beginning to color. Take them out of the fryer and let them cool for a while. After they've cooled for a few minutes, put them back in the fryer for another few minutes, until they're cooked and light brown.

(1) (Reply)

Gas Cooker / Guys, Can You Eat This??? / See Mysterious Pineapple With 3heads (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.