Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,849 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Just A Thought... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Just A Thought... (870 Views)

Fellow Atheists, Have You Ever Given This A Thought? / Bishop T.D. Jakes: The Power Of A Thought / Is Life Real, Or Just A Dream? What If This World Is Just An Illusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just A Thought... by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 27, 2012
What good is there? What’s the use?
If I can preach about the most Blessed Trinity, argue my case convincingly with evidence from sacred scriptures without error but the way I live my life makes a mockery of everything the Most holy Trinity stands for?

What good is there? What’s the point?

If I claim to know God and have a personal relationship with him but can’t seem to recognize him in the lowly traveler, the poor beggar or I can’t stand being in the presence of a simpleton asking for directions?

If I can prove the existence of God such that everyone is convinced but the way I live my life screams to the highest heavens: There is no God!

If I can describe heaven succinctly but in the final analysis I did not do enough to merit heaven?

If I can give a million bucks as tithe but can’t afford to give a sachet of pure water to the poor guy on the streets who probably might die of dehydration the very next day?

As we go about being zealous for the conversion of souls, let us not neglect our own, for to whom much is given, much is expected.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Just A Thought... by AtheistD(m): 10:02am On Dec 27, 2012
striktlymi: What good is there? What’s the use?
If I can preach about the most Blessed Trinity, argue my case convincingly with evidence from sacred scriptures without error but the way I live my life makes a mockery of everything the Most holy Trinity stands for?

If I claim to know God and have a personal relationship with him but can’t seem to recognize him in the lowly traveler, the poor beggar or I can’t stand being in the presence of a simpleton asking for directions?

If I can prove the existence of God such that everyone is convinced but the way I live my life screams to the highest heavens: There is no God!

If I can describe heaven succinctly but in the final analysis I did not do enough to merit heaven?

If I can give a million bucks as tithe but can’t afford to give a sachet of pure water to the poor guy on the streets who probably might die of dehydration the very next day?

As we go about being zealous for the conversion of souls, let us not neglect our own, for to whom much is given, much is expected.

Thank you!

I like that point... 100 likes for that.

This tithe situation is becoming ridiculous. Would God really condemn someobe for withholding tithe to use to help the needy?
Re: Just A Thought... by tobechi20(m): 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
Food for thought
Re: Just A Thought... by Image123(m): 9:01am On Dec 28, 2012
thank you, theology doesn't save us. It's grace that saves us. Theology serves its purposes in christian growth though.

1 Like

Re: Just A Thought... by Jezuspoa: 11:50am On Dec 29, 2012
Image123: thank you, theology doesn't save us. It's grace that saves us. Theology serves its purposes in christian growth though.
matured input
Re: Just A Thought... by prairie(f): 8:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
hello striktlymi, i've been noticing ur comments on nairaland, especially as regards islamic issues. In ur bid to being of muslims i noticed u have pulled away from knowing your own religion more, islam has become enticing nd unfortuunately u r falling for it. I implore you to go back to your fount and rediscover christ, everyone goes thru trials in their faith so pls dont give up, keep faith alive, be confident in d gospel. The lord is your strength, wil b prayin for u nd others in ur shoes.
Re: Just A Thought... by ooman(m): 9:08pm On Jan 28, 2013
hey, are u feeling uncertain about yourself?
Re: Just A Thought... by prairie(f): 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
ooman: hey, are u feeling uncertain about yourself?
uncertain how?
Re: Just A Thought... by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 29, 2013
Good morning prairie,

I trust you are fine!

I am glad to know that a 'brother' is concerned about my spiritual well being.

What are we if we refuse to accept correction?

prairie: hello striktlymi, i've been noticing ur comments on nairaland, especially as regards islamic issues.

I am quite concerned about the above. Can you please be a bit more secific? Your comment suggests that I might have said something wrong as it relates to Islamic matters. Let me know the areas I went wrong if you do not mind.

prairie: In ur bid to being of muslims i noticed u have pulled away from knowing your own religion more, islam has become enticing nd unfortuunately u r falling for it.

I am not sure I understand what you mean by the above. A bit of explanation is needed please.

prairie: I implore you to go back to your fount and rediscover christ,

Thanks for reminding me that Christ is my fount. I do appreciate it.

prairie: everyone goes thru trials in their faith so pls dont give up, keep faith alive, be confident in d gospel.

I assure you that I am confident in the gospel and by God's grace my faith will not fail me.

prairie: The lord is your strength, wil b prayin for u nd others in ur shoes.

I am not sure what "shoes" you refer to.

Thank you!
Re: Just A Thought... by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 29, 2013
ooman: hey, are u feeling uncertain about yourself?

Good morning ooman,

It's been long I saw a post from you. I hope all is well?
Re: Just A Thought... by Joagbaje(m): 7:48am On Jan 29, 2013
What good is there? What’s the point?.If I can give a million bucks as tithe but can’t afford to give a sachet of pure water to the poor guy on the streets who probably might die of dehydration the very next day?
Thank you!

You should not criticize one good deed to at the expense of the other . We must do all. Helping others is fundamental part of Christianity . It should not be done at the expense of what we give to God or what we give to parents etc.
Re: Just A Thought... by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 29, 2013
Joagbaje:

You should not criticize one good deed to at the expense of the other . We must do all. Helping others is fundamental part of Christianity . It should not be done at the expense of what we give to God or what we give to parents etc.
So focused on giving, Mr. JoAgabaje... Does God need tithes for anything? What is the purpose of a tithe? You think God will be bothered if the church's account doesn't increase because on beggar could afford to smile and sleep on a full stomach?

Be reasonable...
Re: Just A Thought... by brainpulse: 8:08am On Jan 29, 2013

Thank you!

Should we call this message on mount nairaland. I think I love this because it points out the little things we neglect in our daily work with God and our christian journey in this life. Although other people may not see it the way God has reveal this to you, but for the Man that is willing to accept reprove as a way to grow stronger in faith, its a food for thought.

Joagbaje: You should not criticize one good deed to at the expense of the other . We must do all. Helping others is fundamental part of Christianity . It should not be done at the expense of what we give to God or what we give to parents etc.

Have you read 1 Corinth 13:1-End, certainly not.
Re: Just A Thought... by Yooguyz: 10:56am On Jan 29, 2013
tobechi20: Food for thought
that was a good writeup! But you trolls (striktlymi, k2039 and co) should show love by action not by thoughts! Thumbs up! Job well done!
Re: Just A Thought... by Lovethywilbedon: 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2013
Yooguyz: that was a good writeup! But you trolls (striktlymi, k2039 and co) should show love by action not by thoughts! Thumbs up! Job well done!
That is very Good and I have seen how you showed your love by Action by creating a thread on this front page of religous section, calling these people TROLLS.
Re: Just A Thought... by prairie(f): 8:49pm On Feb 01, 2013
@striktlymi, u neednt bother about what I mean, just keep your faith alive, I might be wrong but all in all may the peace of the lord be with u. P.S I'm a head-strong female ;-)
Re: Just A Thought... by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 01, 2013
prairie: @striktlymi, u neednt bother about what I mean, just keep your faith alive, I might be wrong but all in all may the peace of the lord be with u. P.S I'm a head-strong female ;-)

Good evening prairie,

The bolded is quite romanticgrin and coincidentally, I am also a "head strong" male.

May be we should do the 'tango' sometime. wink

2 Likes

Re: Just A Thought... by ooman(m): 10:53am On Feb 02, 2013
prairie: uncertain how?

since he's trying to make sure he still on the right path
Re: Just A Thought... by prairie(f): 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening prairie,

The bolded is quite romanticgrin and coincidentally, I am also a "head strong" male.

May be we should do the 'tango' sometime. wink
lol ok i'm soft-hearted ;-D
Re: Just A Thought... by prairie(f): 7:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
ooman:

since he's trying to make sure he still on the right path
I thought so too but since he says not................
Re: Just A Thought... by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 02, 2013
prairie: lol ok i'm soft-hearted ;-D

Good evening prairie,

You are breaking my heartwink

Soft hearted is cool but a 'head strong' lady is da bomb iff she knows how too channel her 'stubborness'.

Anyways your concerns are well taken and I assure you that I am Christian and will always be one.

Thank you!
Re: Just A Thought... by truthislight: 12:06am On Feb 03, 2013
prairie: @striktlymi, u neednt bother about what I mean, just keep your faith alive, I might be wrong but all in all may the peace of the lord be with u. P.S I'm a head-strong female ;-)

how lovely!
And the target:

striktlymi:

Good evening prairie,

You are breaking my heartwink

Soft hearted is cool but a 'head strong' lady is da bomb iff she knows how too channel her 'stubborness'.

Anyways your concerns are well taken and I assure you that I am Christian and will always be one.

Thank you!

cheesy wink

Someone digging on you?

Where is Muskeeto? He has the music, the keys and the air freshner.
cool

a little patience, musk is on his way grin
Re: Just A Thought... by Nobody: 5:51am On Feb 03, 2013
truthislight:

how lovely!
And the target:

cheesy wink

Someone digging on you?

Where is Muskeeto? He has the music, the keys and the air freshner.
cool

a little patience, musk is on his way grin

LWKMD!!!
Re: Just A Thought... by prairie(f): 2:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
Lol, u guys are makin d edges of my mouth stretch wider than normal o, u welcome striklytmi (funny name) *smiles*
Re: Just A Thought... by plaetton: 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2013
Joagbaje:

What does god need your money for? Is he building another universe, or just paying mortgage on the this one?

Can your religion, your faith, exist or survive without this god-giving?
And by the way, how exactly do you remit funds to god?

Your Apostle Paul said that Charity is highest virtue.

1 Like

Re: Just A Thought... by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
prairie: Lol, u guys are makin d edges of my mouth stretch wider than normal o, u welcome striklytmi (funny name) *smiles*

Good day prairie,

*smiles back*

Is 'striktlymi' that funny? I thought it's rather a "me only" kinda name just like some people think.

Now 'prairie' sounds sexyy **did I just say that?**. I guess it's either French or Ijaw!

Anyways I enjoyed truthislight joke on muskeeto as much as you did and I am so lol!

Happy Sunday!
Re: Just A Thought... by prairie(f): 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2013
striktlymi:

Good day prairie,

*smiles back*

Is 'striktlymi' that funny? I thought it's rather a "me only" kinda name just like some people think.

Now 'prairie' sounds sexyy **did I just say that?**. I guess it's either French or Ijaw!

Anyways I enjoyed truthislight joke on muskeeto as much as you did and I am so lol!

Happy Sunday!
ok o, I'm concerned that there isnt any christian thread on fp, today dt is a sunday, cn u upload a lil sumfin so dt atleast we'll know today is sunday on nl. Gracias!
Re: Just A Thought... by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2013
prairie: ok o, I'm concerned that there isnt any christian thread on fp, today dt is a sunday, cn u upload a lil sumfin so dt atleast we'll know today is sunday on nl. Gracias!

Sorry prairie I am not a moderator but I believe the christian chatbox is amongst the posts on the FP.

I believe that should suffice.
Re: Just A Thought... by prairie(f): 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2013
striktlymi:

Sorry prairie I am not a moderator but I believe the christian chatbox is amongst the posts on the FP.

I believe that should suffice.
no p sha, buh i dnt lyk it, thnx again

(1) (Reply)

A Sick Gay Pastor Needs Your Help / Christianity Contnuies To Grow In The Islamic Maghreb / BBA Africa: Matters Arising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.