Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence (949 Views)

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by nzechu(m): 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
The Quran presents criteria to distinguish the true God from false gods.

Is He then Who creates like him who does not create? Do you not then mind?... And those whom they call on besides Allah have not created anything while they are themselves created; Dead (are they), not living, and they know not when they shall be raised. S. 16:17, 20-21 Shakir

And they have taken besides Him gods, who do not create anything while they are themselves created, and they control not for themselves any harm or profit, and they control not death nor life, nor raising (the dead) to life. S. 25:3 Shakir

These preceding passages state that:
The objects which others call upon besides God (i.e., whether other gods, angels, and/or individuals) have not created anything.
These objects cannot bring death, cause life, or resurrect.
These objects of worship are dead.

Which implies that:
God is the Creator.
God is the Source of Life.
God is ever-Living.
The Lord Jesus fits the criteria given in the Quran which demonstrates true Deity (i.e., the Creator, the Source of Life, and ever-Living). Christians are therefore justified in worshiping him as their sovereign Lord.

of Israel (saying), that I have come to you, with a sign from God, namely, that I will CREATE for you out of clay (annee AKHLUQU lakum mina ALTTEENI) as though it were the form of a bird, and I will blow thereon and it shall become a bird by God's permission; and I will heal the blind from birth, and lepers; and I will bring the dead to life by God's permission; and I will tell you what you eat and what ye store up in your houses. Verily, in that is a sign for you if ye be believers. S. 3:49 Palmer

When God shall say, O Jesus son of Mary, remember my favour towards thee, and towards thy mother; when I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, that thou shouldest speak unto men in the cradle, and when thou wast grown up; and when I taught thee the scripture, and wisdom, and the law, and the gospel; and when thou didst CREATE of clay (wa-ith TAKHLUQU mina ALTTEENI) as it were the figure of a bird, by my permission, and didst breathe thereon, and it became a bird by my permission; and thou didst heal one blind from his birth, and the leper, by my permission; and when thou didst bring forth the dead [from their graves], by my permission; and when I with-held the children of Israel from [killing] thee, when thou hadst come unto them with evident [miracles], and such of them as believed not, said, this is nothing but manifest sorcery. S. 5:110 Sale

These two passages demonstrate that Christ has the breath of life and can create in exactly the same way God creates:

HE it is Who created you from clay (Huwa allathee KHALAQAKUM min TEENIN) and then HE decreed a term. And there is another term fixed with HIM. Yet you doubt. S. 6:2 Y. Ali

Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man from clay (innee KHALIQUN basharan min TEENIN): When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." S. 38:71-72 Y. Ali
Note the connection between God breathing his Spirit into man with Christ being strengthened with the Holy Spirit, breathing life into clay birds and resurrecting the dead. And also notice that Christ created a living bird from clay just as God created man from clay. These passages therefore teach that Christ had the same life-giving Spirit of God!
In fact, according to one Salafi Muslim site the word for create (khalaqa) refers to creating something from nothing, an act which only God can perform:

Imam al-Bukhari reported in his Saheeh from Abu Sa`eed (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allah be upon Him) said: "There is no created being but Allah created it." In Arabic, the word "khalaqa" means to make out of nothing, which is something that ONLY ALLAH CAN DO; it is impossible for anyone except Allah to do this. It also carries the meaning of decreeing or foreordaining. [**]

See Fath al-Bari Sharh Saheeh al-Bukhari, 13/390. (439: Evidence that only Allah is the Creator of life
; bold and capital emphasis ours)

But this very same word is applied to Christ which means, at least according to the above position, that Jesus must be God! Note how this works out logically:
God alone can create out of nothing (i.e. the literal meaning of khalaqa).
Khalaqa is applied to Jesus.
Therefore, Jesus must be God according to Islam.

The Quran also implies that Christ is alive in heaven:

And when Allah said: O Isa, I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, so I will decide between you concerning that in which you differed. S. 3:55 Shakir

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Apostle of God"; - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, God raised him up unto Himself; and God is Exalted in Power, Wise; - S. 4:157-158 Y. Ali

Orthodox Islam has generally understood these passages to mean that Christ was taken alive into heaven, into the very presence of God himself.
we are left with the conclusion that:
Jesus creates in the same way God creates.
Jesus gives life in the same way God gives life.
Jesus is alive in heaven.

Therefore, the Quran clearly shows that the Lord Jesus fits the description of God, fulfilling the very criteria which demonstrates that Christ is indeed very God.

the Quran attributes titles, qualities and functions to Christ which shows that he is indeed God. Other titles given to Christ which affirm his essential Deity include the Word of God and a Spirit from God (cf. 3:39, 45; 4:171).

A Muslim may say that Jesus was given the ability to create and give life by God, just as the passages themselves state. He didn't have this ability within himself. This response doesn't negate the statement, but only pushes it a step further.

Why would God grant Jesus the abilities and characteristics of Deity? Why is God permitting Jesus to perfectly fit the description and fulfill the criteria which places one within the category of God?

Second, the expression "by God's permission" doesn't necessarily mean that Christ was given abilities he did not already have. The statements can be understood in light of the biblical teaching that Christ did nothing on his own initiative, but did everything in perfect union with his Father's will. (cf. John 5:16-30)

In other words, the Quranic expression simply implies that Christ only exercised his divine prerogatives in accordance with the decree of God, never acting on his own behest or initiative. It need not deny that Christ always had these divine attributes and characteristics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 8:50am On Sep 03, 2023
Lol.
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by FxMasterz: 10:49am On Sep 03, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:
Lol.

Any contrary idea?

The OP actually said the truth.
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2023
What the op said is completely false
FxMasterz:

Any contrary idea?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by FxMasterz: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:

The OP drove his points home from your Quran. Your opinion does not matter except you can intelligently counter him.
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by TenQ: 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2023
nzechu:
The Quran presents criteria to distinguish the true God from false gods.

Is He then Who creates like him who does not create? Do you not then mind?... And those whom they call on besides Allah have not created anything while they are themselves created; Dead (are they), not living, and they know not when they shall be raised. S. 16:17, 20-21 Shakir

And they have taken besides Him gods, who do not create anything while they are themselves created, and they control not for themselves any harm or profit, and they control not death nor life, nor raising (the dead) to life. S. 25:3 Shakir

These preceding passages state that:
The objects which others call upon besides God (i.e., whether other gods, angels, and/or individuals) have not created anything.
These objects cannot bring death, cause life, or resurrect.
These objects of worship are dead.

Which implies that:
God is the Creator.
God is the Source of Life.
God is ever-Living.
The Lord Jesus fits the criteria given in the Quran which demonstrates true Deity (i.e., the Creator, the Source of Life, and ever-Living). Christians are therefore justified in worshiping him as their sovereign Lord.

of Israel (saying), that I have come to you, with a sign from God, namely, that I will CREATE for you out of clay (annee AKHLUQU lakum mina ALTTEENI) as though it were the form of a bird, and I will blow thereon and it shall become a bird by God's permission; and I will heal the blind from birth, and lepers; and I will bring the dead to life by God's permission; and I will tell you what you eat and what ye store up in your houses. Verily, in that is a sign for you if ye be believers. S. 3:49 Palmer

When God shall say, O Jesus son of Mary, remember my favour towards thee, and towards thy mother; when I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, that thou shouldest speak unto men in the cradle, and when thou wast grown up; and when I taught thee the scripture, and wisdom, and the law, and the gospel; and when thou didst CREATE of clay (wa-ith TAKHLUQU mina ALTTEENI) as it were the figure of a bird, by my permission, and didst breathe thereon, and it became a bird by my permission; and thou didst heal one blind from his birth, and the leper, by my permission; and when thou didst bring forth the dead [from their graves], by my permission; and when I with-held the children of Israel from [killing] thee, when thou hadst come unto them with evident [miracles], and such of them as believed not, said, this is nothing but manifest sorcery. S. 5:110 Sale

These two passages demonstrate that Christ has the breath of life and can create in exactly the same way God creates:

HE it is Who created you from clay (Huwa allathee KHALAQAKUM min TEENIN) and then HE decreed a term. And there is another term fixed with HIM. Yet you doubt. S. 6:2 Y. Ali

Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man from clay (innee KHALIQUN basharan min TEENIN): When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." S. 38:71-72 Y. Ali
Note the connection between God breathing his Spirit into man with Christ being strengthened with the Holy Spirit, breathing life into clay birds and resurrecting the dead. And also notice that Christ created a living bird from clay just as God created man from clay. These passages therefore teach that Christ had the same life-giving Spirit of God!
In fact, according to one Salafi Muslim site the word for create (khalaqa) refers to creating something from nothing, an act which only God can perform:

Imam al-Bukhari reported in his Saheeh from Abu Sa`eed (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allah be upon Him) said: "There is no created being but Allah created it." In Arabic, the word "khalaqa" means to make out of nothing, which is something that ONLY ALLAH CAN DO; it is impossible for anyone except Allah to do this. It also carries the meaning of decreeing or foreordaining. [**]

See Fath al-Bari Sharh Saheeh al-Bukhari, 13/390. (439: Evidence that only Allah is the Creator of life
; bold and capital emphasis ours)

But this very same word is applied to Christ which means, at least according to the above position, that Jesus must be God! Note how this works out logically:
God alone can create out of nothing (i.e. the literal meaning of khalaqa).
Khalaqa is applied to Jesus.
Therefore, Jesus must be God according to Islam.

The Quran also implies that Christ is alive in heaven:

And when Allah said: O Isa, I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, so I will decide between you concerning that in which you differed. S. 3:55 Shakir

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Apostle of God"; - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, God raised him up unto Himself; and God is Exalted in Power, Wise; - S. 4:157-158 Y. Ali

Orthodox Islam has generally understood these passages to mean that Christ was taken alive into heaven, into the very presence of God himself.
we are left with the conclusion that:
Jesus creates in the same way God creates.
Jesus gives life in the same way God gives life.
Jesus is alive in heaven.

Therefore, the Quran clearly shows that the Lord Jesus fits the description of God, fulfilling the very criteria which demonstrates that Christ is indeed very God.

the Quran attributes titles, qualities and functions to Christ which shows that he is indeed God. Other titles given to Christ which affirm his essential Deity include the Word of God and a Spirit from God (cf. 3:39, 45; 4:171).

A Muslim may say that Jesus was given the ability to create and give life by God, just as the passages themselves state. He didn't have this ability within himself. This response doesn't negate the statement, but only pushes it a step further.

Why would God grant Jesus the abilities and characteristics of Deity? Why is God permitting Jesus to perfectly fit the description and fulfill the criteria which places one within the category of God?

Second, the expression "by God's permission" doesn't necessarily mean that Christ was given abilities he did not already have. The statements can be understood in light of the biblical teaching that Christ did nothing on his own initiative, but did everything in perfect union with his Father's will. (cf. John 5:16-30)

In other words, the Quranic expression simply implies that Christ only exercised his divine prerogatives in accordance with the decree of God, never acting on his own behest or initiative. It need not deny that Christ always had these divine attributes and characteristics
Ask them.

Let's assume Jesus was given the permission by Allah to create life and to know the secret things men have in their houses:
Who else in the Universe did Allah give this permission?

Is it Jibril, the Angels, the Jinn or any Prophet of Allah?

Watch how to squeeze their tongue to regurgitate their memorised Dawa!
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by TenQ: 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:
What is true?

Who can create life but God?
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by TenQ: 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
FxMasterz:

The OP drove his points home from your Quran. Your opinion does not matter except you can intelligently counter him.
He has no response!
He can only brey like a donkey repeating Islamic propaganda!

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by ItsReal: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2023
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2023
Lol,He did it with his Lord's permission and consent.He jesus also said in the bible that he have no power of his own.Based on your ideology.it's just like jews claiming moses is God because he gave life to a stick and transform it to a mighty snake.All this miracles performed by jesus,moses, Prophet Muhammad SAW and other prophet was to prove that they were sent from the only and true Almighty God.
TenQ:

What is true?

Who can create life but God?
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by TenQ: 5:27pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:
Lol,He did it with his Lord's permission and consent.He jesus also said in the bible that he have no power of his own.Based on your ideology.it's just like jews claiming moses is God because he gave life to a stick and transform it to a mighty snake.All this miracles performed by jesus,moses, Prophet Muhammad SAW and other prophet was to prove that they were sent from the only and true Almighty God.
Jesus didn't say so my dear: read your Quran (even though the Qur'an was written 600 years after Jesus).

Are you saying that Jesus is a Co-Creator with Allah (only that Allah gave Him permission and consent)?
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2023
Stop spewing rubbish,let me correct what you're saying before i give you my response
1:the Qur'an was not written,it was revealed.
2:The Quran clearly says that anyone who claim Jesus is god is a kafir or disbeliever.Do you what,i can't type my finger sore trying to convince someone who want to lead himself astray and wallow in darkness of falsehood.
TenQ:

Jesus didn't say so my dear: read your Quran (even though the Qur'an was written 600 years after Jesus).

Are you saying that Jesus is a Co-Creator with Allah (only that Allah gave Him permission and consent)?
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by TenQ: 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:
Stop spewing rubbish,let me correct what you're saying before i give you my response
2:The Quran clearly says that anyone who claim Jesus is god is a kafir or disbeliever.Do you what,i can't type my finger sore trying to convince someone who want to lead himself astray and wallow in darkness of falsehood.
Why your display of aggression :

Qur'an 22:73
O people, an example is presented, so listen to it. Indeed, those you invoke besides Allah will never create [as much as] a fly, even if they gathered together for that purpose. And if the fly should steal away from them a [tiny] thing, they could not recover it from him. Weak are the pursuer and pursued.
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by FxMasterz: 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2023
TenQ:

He has no response!
He can only brey like a donkey repeating Islamic propaganda!
Lol.

I pity him.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by SIRTee15: 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:

1. Revealed by who? Definitely not God. Maybe revealed by Muhammad except u telling me Muhammad is same as Allah.

2. Well I have no problem with Qur'an saying Jesus isn't God or he's not the son of God. That's your believe.
But when the same Qur'an said Muslims should confirm from the gospel what has been written in the Qur'an.
I just but wonder if this is not cognitive dissonance.
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by correctguy101(m): 7:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
FxMasterz:

Any contrary idea?

Oh, lemme see.

I saw where it was quoted that the children of Israel were held back from killing Jesus...

Oh... That's no contrary idea...

After all, children were held back but adults did a good job forcing him to death... angry

Fx, no mind me o. Na so this daddy jhus be o... grin
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by TenQ: 8:53am On Sep 04, 2023
correctguy101:

Oh, lemme see.

I saw where it was quoted that the children of Israel were held back from killing Jesus...

Oh... That's no contrary idea...

After all, children were held back but adults did a good job forcing him to death... angry

Fx, no mind me o. Na so this daddy jhus be o... grin
Mallam correctguy
Where did you read this?
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by correctguy101(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2023
TenQ:

Mallam correctguy
Where did you read this?

Here Alhadji TenQ...

When God shall say, O Jesus son of Mary, remember my favour towards thee, and towards thy mother; when I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, that thou shouldest speak unto men in the cradle, and when thou wast grown up; and when I taught thee the scripture, and wisdom, and the law, and the gospel; and when thou didst CREATE of clay (wa-ith TAKHLUQU mina ALTTEENI) as it were the figure of a bird, by my permission, and didst breathe thereon, and it became a bird by my permission; and thou didst heal one blind from his birth, and the leper, by my permission; and when thou didst bring forth the dead [from their graves], by my permission; and when I with-held the children of Israel from [killing] thee, when thou hadst come unto them with evident [miracles] , and such of them as believed not, said, this is nothing but manifest sorcery. S. 5:110 Sale

(wa-ith TAKHLUQU mina ALTTEENI ... grin
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by TenQ: 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2023
correctguy101:

Here Alhadji TenQ...

(wa-ith TAKHLUQU mina ALTTEENI ... grin

Okay
I see that you found your evidence from the Qur'an. But you know it doesn't exist in the Bible.

Did you also find this in the Qur'an?

..... but adults did a good job forcing him to death...

I am not understanding!
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by correctguy101(m): 3:20pm On Sep 04, 2023
TenQ:

Okay
I see that you found your evidence from the Qur'an. But you know it doesn't exist in the Bible.

Did you also find this in the Qur'an?

I am not understanding!

If I believe you don't understand make I wear jeans go Ghana... grin

Go find another person wey you go trouble abeg. tongue
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by Explore2xmore: 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
The story of Prophet Isa (Jesus) performing miracles and creating a bird is a significant aspect of his life as mentioned in the Quran. However, it is important to note that these miracles do not make him Allah, but rather signify his unique position as a Prophet. Isa's miracles serve as evidence of his divine appointment and should be seen within the context of his role as a messenger of Allah. By creating a bird from clay, Isa demonstrated his exceptional power bestowed upon him by Allah, affirming his legitimacy as a Prophet and reinforcing the belief in Allah's unlimited ability.

As a Prophet, Isa had a mission to convey Allah's message to humanity. One of the ways in which he did this was through miracles. These miracles served as signs from Allah, allowing people to witness the extraordinary power bestowed upon His chosen messengers. The ability to create a bird from clay was one such miracle granted to Isa by Allah. This miraculous act was a clear demonstration of Allah's power and Isa's exceptional position as a Prophet. However, it is important to emphasize that these miracles were performed by Isa with the permission of Allah, and not through his own inherent divine nature.

It is crucial to distinguish between the position of a Prophet and the position of Allah. The miracles performed by Isa do not elevate him to the level of Allah, nor do they imply that he is divine. Rather, Isa's miracles should be understood as a manifestation of Allah's power and a testament to the authenticity of his Prophethood. It is through these miracles that Isa demonstrated his obedience and submission to Allah, constantly reminding his followers of the ultimate authority of Allah in the grand scheme of things. Thus, while Isa's miracles were extraordinary, they were performed by the permission and will of Allah, highlighting the fundamental belief in the oneness of Allah.
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by Ohyoudidnt: 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2023
Shall we be entertained and thoroughly think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7kCUMDgz5w?si=TzZJUlacaczlBv5S
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by Ohyoudidnt: 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2023
Quran 22:73, a verse of the holy book of Islam, it is emphasized that the disbelievers who associate partners with Allah are not aware of the power of their actions. This verse must be understood in its contextual significance. It is a reminder for believers that their devotion and faith in Allah should never be weakened or compromised by the influence of those who defy the oneness of God. It urges Muslims to remain steadfast in their belief and continue to spread the message of Monotheism, guiding others towards the truth. Furthermore, this verse serves as a cautionary reminder that those who engage in polytheism are oblivious to the consequences of their actions, as Allah's divine justice will surely prevail. Therefore, it emphasizes the importance of remaining devoted to Allah and seeking knowledge, as comprehension and understanding are crucial aspects of faith.

TenQ:

Why your display of aggression :

Qur'an 22:73
O people, an example is presented, so listen to it. Indeed, those you invoke besides Allah will never create [as much as] a fly, even if they gathered together for that purpose. And if the fly should steal away from them a [tiny] thing, they could not recover it from him. Weak are the pursuer and pursued.
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by Ohyoudidnt: 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2023
Undue praise is made that Jesus by the leave moulded the form of a bird and breathed into it bringing it to life. Perharps those who equated him by this action to Allah should have brought fort a story of him creating or man or baby in similar fashion?

Have you considered the one who trained birds and killed them then put parts od their carcas at different mounts? Did he not call them and they came to him alive by leave of Allah?

Throughout history, there have been several Messengers of Allah who possess the miraculous ability to resurrect the dead. One prominent example is the Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him). Jesus performed many miracles during his lifetime, but one of the most extraordinary was his ability to bring the dead back to life. In the Quran, Jesus is depicted as reviving the dead with the permission and will of Allah. His miracles serve as a testament to his status as a divine Messenger and reinforce the power of Allah.

Another Messenger of Allah with the ability to resurrect the dead was the Prophet Elijah (peace be upon him). Known for his righteousness and devotion to Allah, Prophet Elijah was bestowed with the gift of restoring life to the deceased. In one account, he resurrected the son of a widow who had shown kindness to him and provided him with shelter. Through his supplications and the will of Allah, Prophet Elijah was able to bring the boy back to life, showcasing his divine mission and illustrating the limitless power of Allah.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), the final and most revered Messenger of Allah, also had an encounter with the miraculous resurrection of the dead. During a time of great need, the Prophet Muhammad prayed for a companion who was bitten fatally by a venomous snake. By the will and authority of Allah, the person was revived and gained a second chance at life. This incident serves as yet another example of the prophets as the chosen ones of Allah, empowered with extraordinary abilities to fulfill their duties and guide humanity towards the path of righteousness.
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by TenQ: 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ohyoudidnt:
Quran 22:73, a verse of the holy book of Islam, it is emphasized that the disbelievers who associate partners with Allah are not aware of the power of their actions. This verse must be understood in its contextual significance. It is a reminder for believers that their devotion and faith in Allah should never be weakened or compromised by the influence of those who defy the oneness of God. It urges Muslims to remain steadfast in their belief and continue to spread the message of Monotheism, guiding others towards the truth. Furthermore, this verse serves as a cautionary reminder that those who engage in polytheism are oblivious to the consequences of their actions, as Allah's divine justice will surely prevail. Therefore, it emphasizes the importance of remaining devoted to Allah and seeking knowledge, as comprehension and understanding are crucial aspects of faith.

But Christians do not associate partners with Allah.

Christians say Allah (God) is the Messiah!
Also
Christians say Allah (God) is the Holy Spirit!
Also
Christians say Allah (God) is the Father!

Christians never say that the Messiah is a partner with Allah (God)

Qur'an 5:72
"They have certainly disbelieved who say, 'Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary' while the Messiah has said, 'O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers."

According to Allah in the Qur'an, who are the partners of Allah?
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by TenQ: 6:19pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ohyoudidnt:
Undue praise is made that Jesus by the leave moulded the form of a bird and breathed into it bringing it to life. Perharps those who equated him by this action to Allah should have brought fort a story of him creating or man or baby in similar fashion?

Have you considered the one who trained birds and killed them then put parts od their carcas at different mounts? Did he not call them and they came to him alive by leave of Allah?

Throughout history, there have been several Messengers of Allah who possess the miraculous ability to resurrect the dead. One prominent example is the Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him). Jesus performed many miracles during his lifetime, but one of the most extraordinary was his ability to bring the dead back to life. In the Quran, Jesus is depicted as reviving the dead with the permission and will of Allah. His miracles serve as a testament to his status as a divine Messenger and reinforce the power of Allah.

Another Messenger of Allah with the ability to resurrect the dead was the Prophet Elijah (peace be upon him). Known for his righteousness and devotion to Allah, Prophet Elijah was bestowed with the gift of restoring life to the deceased. In one account, he resurrected the son of a widow who had shown kindness to him and provided him with shelter. Through his supplications and the will of Allah, Prophet Elijah was able to bring the boy back to life, showcasing his divine mission and illustrating the limitless power of Allah.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), the final and most revered Messenger of Allah, also had an encounter with the miraculous resurrection of the dead. During a time of great need, the Prophet Muhammad prayed for a companion who was bitten fatally by a venomous snake. By the will and authority of Allah, the person was revived and gained a second chance at life. This incident serves as yet another example of the prophets as the chosen ones of Allah, empowered with extraordinary abilities to fulfill their duties and guide humanity towards the path of righteousness.
The question was simple

Is Jesus a Co-Creator with Allah?
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by Ohyoudidnt: 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
TenQ:

The question was simple

Is Jesus a Co-Creator with Allah?
Why would Allah need a co-creator?
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by TenQ: 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ohyoudidnt:

Why would Allah need a co-creator?
I don't know?

Didn't Allah say that he is the best of the creators?
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by Ohyoudidnt: 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2023
The Hebrew word משיח, pronounced as "Mashiach," is rich in meaning and holds immense significance in Jewish beliefs and traditions. It refers to the concept of the Messiah, a savior figure who is anticipated to come and redeem the Jewish people. The word itself translates to "anointed one," symbolizing the anointing with holy oil that was traditionally done to consecrate kings and priests. The term Messiah has evolved over time, representing a messianic hope for a time of peace, justice, and the restoration of the Jewish people to their promised land.

TenQ:

But Christians do not associate partners with Allah.

Christians say Allah (God) is the Messiah!
Also
Christians say Allah (God) is the Holy Spirit!
Also
Christians say Allah (God) is the Father!

Christians never say that the Messiah is a partner with Allah (God)

Qur'an 5:72
"They have certainly disbelieved who say, 'Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary' while the Messiah has said, 'O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers."

According to Allah in the Qur'an, who are the partners of Allah?
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by Ohyoudidnt: 7:33pm On Sep 04, 2023
The Qur’an uses the phrase that Allah is “the best of creators” [23:14, 37:125] on two occasions. What other creators are in mind? On the other hand, many verses make clear that Allah alone is “the creator of all things” [e.g., 39:62].

There is nothing left for others to be a creator of.
23:14 “Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!
* translation of the meaning*
TenQ:

I don't know?

Didn't Allah say that he is the best of the creators?
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by TenQ: 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ohyoudidnt:
The Qur’an uses the phrase that Allah is “the best of creators” [23:14, 37:125] on two occasions. What other creators are in mind? On the other hand, many verses make clear that Allah alone is “the creator of all things” [e.g., 39:62].

There is nothing left for others to be a creator of.
23:14 “Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!
* translation of the meaning*
Do you think I can be the best student if in my class, I am the ONLY student?
Do you think I can be the best carpenter in my city if I am the ONLY carpenter?
Do you think I can be the best medical doctor in Nigeria if I am the ONLY Doctor?

So also, If I am the bestow for the Creators, there must necessarily be other creators but I am the best.

Allah can only be the best of creators (plural) if other creators exist but amongst them Allah is the best.

Is it true that Allah is better than Baal in creation affairs?

Even though you Muslims claim that Allah is not comparable to anyone, here, Allah compared himself to Baal with respect to creation!
Re: Is Jesus God:the Quran Evidence by TenQ: 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ohyoudidnt:
The Hebrew word משיח, pronounced as "Mashiach," is rich in meaning and holds immense significance in Jewish beliefs and traditions. It refers to the concept of the Messiah, a savior figure who is anticipated to come and redeem the Jewish people. The word itself translates to "anointed one," symbolizing the anointing with holy oil that was traditionally done to consecrate kings and priests. The term Messiah has evolved over time, representing a messianic hope for a time of peace, justice, and the restoration of the Jewish people to their promised land.

So, seeing that Christians say that Allah is the Messiah,

According to Allah in the Qur'an, who are the (supposed) partners of Allah?

(1) (Reply)

'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' / Becareful How You Receive Money (zac Poonen) / A Spiritual War Is Raging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.