Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,825 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

How Do We Know That Good Thing We Seek For, Was Provided By God (please Read) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do We Know That Good Thing We Seek For, Was Provided By God (please Read) (530 Views)

God Please Wipe My Eyes And Give Me Children / How Do We Know That Jesus Is The Son Of God? / God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do We Know That Good Thing We Seek For, Was Provided By God (please Read) by Networkmaster(m): 8:03am On Dec 28, 2012
In life, I believe things don’t just happen, things happen just. Though, every good thing that happen in our life we just claim it was caused by God.
As a Christian, I would like to increase my faith in what I believe in but sometimes we need to be very sure of what we believe, in order to build a stronger faith.

I believe in luck, I believe in chance, I believe in hard work and I believe in miracle as a Christian and I also believe in The Supreme God of Abraham.
Some time ago when I was still studding in South Africa, I decided to apply for scholarship in a government company called (GEPETROL) Guinea Equatorial Petroleum Company, in Equatorial Guinea because I am also a citizen there. Well, GEPETROL is just like a family company because 85% of the blacks working there are from the President’s family or one way related to him.
People and even my family members kept telling me not to waste my time applying for the scholarship but I believe there is no harm in trying; after all I got nothing to lose.

I made my contacts and connections, with some big heads in the company and sent my parents to visit the company and submit my documents. Meanwhile, I kept praying every day about it, until this faithful Sunday when I went to church and the pastor asked us to write down all we want God to do for us and throw it in the wooden box in the church, we all did that and he prayed for us.
That same week on the Friday I was called from GEPETROL in Equatorial Guinea to send them my banking details and list out how much is my school fee for a year, house rent for a year, Medical aid for a year, including the feeding and pocket money which they will send to my account.

This made me the first person who is not from the President’s family or home town to receive a scholarship from that company. I couldn't believe myself but all I could say was thank you lord and as a Christian I believe it was a miracle proven by God almighty in whom I have prayed to.

I have also prayed for some things in my life which I didn't get or some took for ages to come through.

Now, I want to find out, when do we say this good thing going on in our life was truly caused by God? Or was it just being lucky or did it happen by chance or was it the connection and opportunity or was it the hard work or was it actually the miracle performed by God?
Good things do happen to everyone even the people we see as evil and even to those who doesn't believe in God.
How do we know our prayers were answered? How do good things happen? And how can we get good things?

(1) (Reply)

A Night With The King Dont Miss It! / Is It Wrong To Wear A Cross / Pope Benedict XVI Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.