Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,203 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Jesus Would Be On Facebook Says German Priest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Would Be On Facebook Says German Priest (528 Views)

Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / I Wonder What Jesus Would Say About The Church Institution in Nigeria? / Christian Claims That Jesus Would Real Have Failed When Tested: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Would Be On Facebook Says German Priest by webaplanet(m): 11:02am On Dec 31, 2012
A German Archbishop is convinced that Jesus would take to modern methods of viral communication if he were around in 2012

With the Pope now on Twitter, it only makes sense that Jesus would join him in the divine digital age.

it’s not hard to imagine the conversations.

@pontifex: Oh Jesus, hear our prayers!

@jesus: I’m busy. Go ask dad.

Freiberg Archbishop Robert Zollitsch, chairman of the German Bishop’s Conference, is convinced that the son of God would be as social media obsessed as his mortal counterparts.

“Jesus would certainly today be on Facebook and Twitter,” Zollitsch said to Ruhr Nachrichten newspaper. “He was always looking for people, and took unusual routes to do this.”

“Fundamentally all media are suited to bring the word of God to the people,” he said.

Jesus, were he to join in the social network, would undoubtedly have plenty of fans and followers.

Wonder if “hey @jesus man, can I get a retweet?!! i’m a huge fan!” would be a more direct approach than old-fashioned prayer?

Read more: http://www.upi.com/blog/2012/12/26/Jesus-would-be-on-Facebook-says-German-priest/3921356537215/#ixzz2GSABlIGQ

Read for more odd news and reports at http://tonykempis dot com

Re: Jesus Would Be On Facebook Says German Priest by AbdulAdam56(m): 11:40am On Dec 31, 2012
1st 2 comment.
Re: Jesus Would Be On Facebook Says German Priest by pwiz(m): 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2012
Abdul Adam56: 1st 2 comment.
What an asss.
Re: Jesus Would Be On Facebook Says German Priest by Tedyk(m): 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2012
WTF!!! Jesus this,Jesus that;Jesus on this,Jesus on that.What d hell z ur problem?,free dis man naw.Another way 2 disrespect Jesus,why didn't jst create a nairaland,facebook + a twitter acc 4 d likes of Mary,Joseph,Abraham nd Moses or even Mary's lookalike(Monalisa),abeg press d red button nd leave dis planet earth 4 qood.*Mtchew*

(1) (Reply)

The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand / Let Them Alone / What"s Your Preparation For DEATH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.