Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:11 PM

Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women (13328 Views)

Wat Do U Tink About slim Fitting Jeans 4 Males? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by weaseloo: 12:42pm On Jan 03, 2013
repogirl:
Its nt easy to trim jst d tummy? If u loose weight, u loose it all ova.
As for me am lepa and proud, people luuuuuv my stature even after 2 kids I still get toasted. LoL.
Anyhow u are, own it jare! There r men who like d skinny and there are the ones who go for fleshy, diff strokes for diff folks!

What makes you think the heavier women after having kids are not toasted?
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Saecula: 12:42pm On Jan 03, 2013
Ihailedthee:

There are always exceptions.
I concur!
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by claremont(m): 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
I think using the word 'fat' or 'slim' to describe people can be misleading sometimes. When trying to measure ideal body weight, what we should be talking about is the healthy BMI range (Body Mass Index). As long as an individual is within the ideal BMI range for his/her age, then being skinny or fat on the exterior is perfectly normal. On the other hand, the upper and lower limits of the range is what portends to be obese or anorexic.

If we use BMI as a measuring tool, 90% of Nigerian women (and black women in general) are obese. The media (and most black men) tends to sexualize the image of the fat black women as being 'bootylicious'; unbeknownst to them, obese people have signed a death contract with obesity related diseases like hypertension, diabetes e.t.c. Who knows, maybe this is one of the main reasons for the low life expectancies in most African countries.

2 Likes

Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Saecula: 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
weaseloo:

What makes you think the heavier women after having kids are not toasted?
Who told you so?
Abeg get ur facts right.
Don't get urself into the fallacy of hasty generalization. And forget the media hokum and hype.

1 Like

Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Chubhie: 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2013
You already know my choice.
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by CHoccolaTE: 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2013
I think it is unfair to discriminate against chubby women. Most women are chubby not by choice but because of their slow metabolism and that is something they don't choose to have.
Discriminating against people both male and female, based on physical appearance is wrong. Men also suffer similar discrimination as fat women except in their case it is done against shorter guys and not fatter guys.
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]I think it is unfair to discriminate against chubby women. Most women are chubby not by choice but because of their slow metabolism and that is something they don't choose to have.
angry angry y'know, i'm bloody tired of hearing this wicked lie. Which yeye 'slow metabolism'?
Eat less or workout more. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by CHoccolaTE: 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
BoboYekini: angry angry y'know, i'm bloody tired of hearing this wicked lie. Which yeye 'slow metabolism'?
Having a slow metabolism is possible. Every human being on earth does not burn fat at the exact same pace.
You need to read more.
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by charlsecy4(m): 1:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
I prefer chubby ladies for romance (BBW)
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2013
Good to have confidence in what body type you have but I'd rather be slim. I wanna attract billionaires not ghetto hoodrats like Sagabobo. cool tongue What is the OP even talking about? Is the fanfare not for people like Toolz and Mercy Johnson in Nigeria?
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by sexyval(f): 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
Y are people decieving themselves especially fat people, when u are fat it indicates a lot of things,dat u lack discipline and eat without thinking , let's not talk abt d health issues involved,stretch marks, higherlevel of infetility ,and yes dat uneasiness, fast heartbeat, infact make we talk true, I used to be fat but when I started losing out on opportunitiesi went to get a treadmill straight, I've been there, fat is depressing...!!! ,,

1 Like

Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by sexyval(f): 2:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
Slim people are sexier and better in bed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Sagamite(m): 2:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
stillwater: Good to have confidence in what body type you have but I'd rather be slim. I wanna attract billionaires not ghetto hoodrats like Sagabobo. cool tongue What is the OP even talking about? Is the fanfare not for people like Toolz and Mercy Johnson in Nigeria?

Would billionaires serve you eba?

Would they even allow you to eat it with your hands if they serve you that? angry

Sagamu hoodrats are better by far than billionaires. tongue cool

Yes to Toolz and Juicy Mercy! grin
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
Sagamite:

Would billionaires serve you eba?

Would they even allow you to eat it with your hands if they serve you that? angry

Sagamu hoodrats are better by far than billionaires. tongue cool

Yes to Toolz and Juicy Mercy! grin

I can do without eba 100%. Yes take all the Toolz, so they won't be blocking my billionaire's view. grin
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
I dont discriminate...a 5ft 3in girl,slim lekpa with good healthy legs,thighs and hips,or chubby as long as they have fleshy and well rounded behind..i wouldnt mind a Stella Odua or Vivian Chukwuemeka as well...there is something about thick,voluptous nwanyi gbara dimkpa type..
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
sexyval: Y are people decieving themselves especially fat people, when u are fat it indicates a lot of things,dat u lack discipline and eat without thinking.

Common sense should prevail here. Obesity can be due to different factors, and not all have anything to do with eating habits. Educate yourself more, broaden your horizons, rather than make baseless generalisation, that make you come across as less than intelligent.

sexyval: let's not talk abt d health issues involved,stretch marks

Stretch marks are not always as a result of weight gain. Pregnancy can cause stretch marks too. Unless you see pregnancy as a health issue too?

sexyval: higherlevel of infetility

Any means of backing up your claim? Because this is news to me. Back up your claim, and educate me in the process.

sexyval: and yes dat uneasiness, fast heartbeat, infact make we talk true, I used to be fat but when I started losing out on opportunitiesi went to get a treadmill straight, I've been there, fat is depressing...!!!

Again, depression can be due to different factors. There are morbidly obese ladies who are not depressed, because they're confident in themselves. And there are slim ladies who are depressed, because they're less confident. There's nothing wrong with giving an opinion, but when you decide to garnish your opinions with false claims, then it becomes an issue.

I'm happy you managed to get the body you wanted through exercise, for some folk, that's not an option, even if they come close to starving themselves. A thyroid problem, amongst others can lead to weight gain, regardless of how you eat!
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by vislabraye(m): 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
Serendipity:
Like seriously

Would have loved to show you some pics, But privacy issue
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by vislabraye(m): 3:48pm On Jan 03, 2013
Apart from that, fat people can depreciate. When they give birth you would see for yourself.
The Toolz guys are drooling over, let them wait for her to put to birth.

Omotola is still sexy after 4 kids cos she used to be slim.
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by yme1(f): 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2013
for a chubby girl to be sexy, having overlarge azz and extra boob* is a necessity ni? undecided

chubby or slim, you can rock it if:

Have a flat tummy
dress in an appropraite way that fits your size (I have witnessed chubby ladies on dresses meant for size 8 notjustok.com). There is a thin line between dressing sexy and slutty, note that lol
be comfortable with yourself no matter what size your are
be healthy
[s]I don't know where I stand sef, but oh well [/s] cheesycheesy
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by sexyval(f): 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
[quote author=Siena]

Common sense should prevail here. Obesity can be due to different factors, and not all have anything to do with eating habits. Educate yourself more, broaden your horizons, rather than make baseless generalisation, that make you come across as less than intelligent.
Y are u been silly na , offcourse I know all dis facts u highlighted on ,Im talking on a first based opinion of wat people see and think abt a fat person,and just soo u know eating disorders are d major cause of obesity , as for slow metabolism,there are foods esp.fruits and vegetables dat wud boost a slow metabolism , infact I think u need to update urself ok ?

Stretch marks are not always as a result of weight gain. Pregnancy can cause stretch marks too. Unless you see pregnancy as a health issue too?

Leave pregnancy aside for now , gaining and losing and gaining weight is one major cause of stretch marks, but u already know dis right ? D topic is on fat women not pregnant women ,ok ?

Any means of backing up your claim? Because this is news to me. Back up your claim, and educate me in the process.
Browse it out now , read books ,pls don't be miopic ,u've got a lot at ur disposal ,READ ...!

Again, depression can be due to different factors. There are morbidly obese ladies who are not depressed, because they're confident in themselves. And there are slim ladies who are depressed, because they're less confident. There's nothing wrong with giving an opinion, but when you decide to garnish your opinions with false claims, then it becomes an issue.
They aint false ,and something tells me u know dis for a fact , offcourse not all fat people are depressed ,obesity causes depression ,go back to ur biology classes .
I'm happy you managed to get the body you wanted through exercise, for some folk, that's not an option, even if they come close to starving themselves. A thyroid problem, amongst others can lead to weight gain, regardless of how you eat!
[/quote I know dis but pls dats in rare cases , most people dat are fat are related to eating junks.
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by MissOpe(f): 5:43pm On Jan 03, 2013
One man's food is another man's poison...PErson wey fat wan slim ,,, those wey slim wan fat.... As for me am so slim... But thank God my fiance likes it dat way.....but I really do wanna be fat...please guys wat are the things I can do or eat... In order to get fat.... Suggestions pls
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by azzima(m): 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2013
Saecula:
Cancel the slim for me.
me too o
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
Miss Ope: I really do wanna be fat...please guys wat are the things I can do or eat... In order to get fat.... Suggestions pls

If you wish to get fat, you can do any of the following, all of the following, or a combination:

* Eat hamburgers three times daily, washed down with cocacola.
* Eat amala / eba with oil soup (not sure what you call it) at least once a day.
* Drink full-fat milk daily.
* Buy biscuits / crisps, so your jaws are never idle between meals.
* Drive everywhere you go, even if going to the corner shop.
* Get a motorised scooter for trips down your corridow.
* Live in a bungalow, so you never have to climb steps.
* Don't go dancing, so you burn less calories.
* Stop exercising. The only exercise should be you moving your mouth and jaws, when calling for more food, or chewing a big fatty stake.
* Finally, buy a big, comfortable armchair, with the TV remote glued to the right arm, so you don't have to get up.

Hope this helps!
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by MissOpe(f): 8:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
Siena:

If you wish to get fat, you can do any of the following, all of the following, or a combination:

* Eat hamburgers three times daily, washed down with cocacola.
* Eat amala / eba with oil soup (not sure what you call it) at least once a day.
* Drink full-fat milk daily.
* Buy biscuits / crisps, so your jaws are never idle between meals.
* Drive everywhere you go, even if going to the corner shop.
* Get a motorised scooter for trips down your corridow.
* Live in a bungalow, so you never have to climb steps.
* Don't go dancing, so you burn less calories.
* Stop exercising. The only exercise should be you moving your mouth and jaws, when calling for more food, or chewing a big fatty stake.
* Finally, buy a big, comfortable armchair, with the TV remote glued to the right arm, so you don't have to get up.

Hope this helps!

Siena Tanks so much for ur contributions... But Mehn Dats quite expensive.... I can't try It..... Maybe when I make real cash... I can try out all dat... Tanx for ur time once again
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
Miss Ope: Siena Tanks so much for ur contributions... But Mehn Dats quite expensive.... I can't try It..... Maybe when I make real cash... I can try out all dat... Tanx for ur time once again

Good to see your sense of humour from 2012 has carried over into the year 2013. I was expecting a barrage of verbal abuse. cheesy
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by repogirl(f): 8:52pm On Jan 03, 2013
Miss Ope: One man's food is another man's poison...PErson wey fat wan slim ,,, those wey slim wan fat.... As for me am so slim... But thank God my fiance likes it dat way.....but I really do wanna be fat...please guys wat are the things I can do or eat... In order to get fat.... Suggestions pls

When fat start to come, u go run! Wait till after kids, if u r still slim then start fatening process.
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
Good ole funny thread,

In naija sha the fat belly menance is not a joke. If those curvy women drop engine once or twice to regain that shape na stories that touch grin
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Saecula: 10:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]I think it is unfair to discriminate against chubby women. Most women are chubby not by choice but because of their slow metabolism and that is something they don't choose to have.
BoboYekini: angry angry y'know, i'm bloody tired of hearing this wicked lie. Which yeye 'slow metabolism'?
Guy why you dey yarn dust?
The girl knows what she was saying.
What makes one fat is not just food alone. Nawao!
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Saecula: 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
sexyval: Y are people decieving themselves especially fat people, when u are fat it indicates a lot of things,dat u lack discipline and eat without thinking , let's not talk abt d health issues involved,stretch marks, higherlevel of infetility ,and yes dat uneasiness, fast heartbeat, infact make we talk true, I used to be fat but when I started losing out on opportunitiesi went to get a treadmill straight, I've been there, fat is depressing...!!! ,,
Guy you sound inordinately conceited smug and bereft of rationatiom.
Just listen to yourself '' fat is depressing'' and you think that you are wise by making such infantile specious statement.
You should have applied objectivity in this in which case u would have said for yourself and not have to generalise.
DOES IT MEAN THAT THOSE OF US THAT PREFER FAT GIRLS ARE DOLTS?

2 Likes

Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by nedra: 12:43am On Jan 04, 2013
Most fat ladies hv body odour and worst still their p.ussi reeks of killin smell due to accumulation and coagulation of fats
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by Ugosample(m): 1:07am On Jan 04, 2013
. Thread closed.Na this kind thread you go find women aplenty... Chai! Women and jealousy/rivalry. Siim or fat, there is a man for you! Different men like different things.
Re: Much Fanfare About Slim Girls/women by inertiia(f): 6:29am On Jan 04, 2013
what u guys dont get is..thre r different types of fat..thre are some chubby physique dat luks superwonderful...we r d real women wt manchester united and arsenal intact..lol!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Amazing 3D Tattoos For 2013! / Very Affordable Elegant Men's Clothing / Fashion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.