Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,467 members, 7,850,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

Recovering V-mobile Lost Simpack - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Recovering V-mobile Lost Simpack (1423 Views)

Recovering Deleted Files From Any Android Device / Chance Of Recovering BBM Account Without The Password And Recovery Answer / Lost My SIM Pack. Wrong Password. Recovering PUK Number. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recovering V-mobile Lost Simpack by blendz4real(m): 4:11pm On Apr 26, 2006
Hey Friends,

I would like you all to help me with steps I can follow
to recover my lost sim and how I can lock the phone so it cannot
be used by who ever has stolen it.

Awaiting your responses urgently.

Blendz
Re: Recovering V-mobile Lost Simpack by Bossman(m): 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2006
Call the provider to block/cancel the phone number. If you know your IMEI number and the providers there are able to ban a IMEI #, then have your provider ban the IMEI #. If that is not possible, and your did not have security lock on your phone, then you are at loss. I am sure you can at least cancel the sim though.
Re: Recovering V-mobile Lost Simpack by wormedup(m): 7:06pm On Apr 26, 2006
u'll need ur original sim certificate, a photocopy of ur id card and about 700 naira.
if u are in lagos, go to vmobile outlet in sanusi fafunwa street, v.i. otherwise, call 111 and enquire the proper outlet that will attend to you.

that's all. u get ur replacement the same day.

vmobile doesn't work with IMEI # yet. i don't think any netwrok works with it here yet. so just forget about the phone, coz even if u had a security code on it, it'll still be unlocked.

cheers.
Re: Recovering V-mobile Lost Simpack by Bossman(m): 7:44pm On Apr 26, 2006
You are correct womedup, the phone security code can be easily spoofed anyway. If you happen to have a sim lock, they may not be able to use the sim.

No I see why phones that have been banned in say the UK networks can still be used in Nigeria.
Re: Recovering V-mobile Lost Simpack by blendz4real(m): 8:47pm On Apr 26, 2006
Bossman & Warmedup,

What are you both saying? Does that mean the phone cannot be locked or something? because I just purchased the phone (Sagem My V56) just a month back and I have not even enjoyed the least of it and you are saying, Please tell me you are all joking,

Thanks to you all for your response,
Re: Recovering V-mobile Lost Simpack by Bossman(m): 9:09pm On Apr 26, 2006
You read us correctly. No, we are not joking. Call Vmobile to cancel the sim, if you do not want them to use it. But, there is nothing like IMEI blocking in Nigeria. So, you are out of luck. Why do you think stealing of GSM phones is very common there? Because, all they have to do is replace the sim, and the phone has just taken on on another identity. If this had happened in UK for example, you could blacklist the IMEI. That means the phone will be prevented (By IMEI#) form registering on any UK network. Hence, it's useless within the UK. But, can of course be used in other countries.

(1) (Reply)

I Find It Difficult To Download With My Opera-mini 2.6.0 Pls Help Me Out With The Guide Lines: This / Help! / Improving Service Quality And Customer Satisfaction In Nigerian Gsm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.