Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,279 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! (5528 Views)

Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories / Prophetic Outlook For 2013 By Dr Olukoya D.K. / TB Joshua Prophesy For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
[size=18pt]

Agenda for 2013
[/size]

We atheists are gaining ground on Nairaland but the buck doesnt stop there as attacks on atheists and non-believers are growing proportionally as well due to a religious fear/reaction. I myself need to improve and also does every other atheist. Everyone can be better. There are three actions we need to take are

-being more organised
-being problem solvers and not only critics of religion
-being less apathetic towards bigotry and ignorance

Being more organised

We need to have more "atheist only" threads and also meet one another in real life. We are not just only atheists on nairaland, we are atheists in real life as well. We are not atheists for fun or just to enjoy mocking religious Nigerians on Nairaland.

"Christian only" threads span across 18 pages discussing bible or christian issues. We too can have our own discussions that could help people understand atheism or disbelief. Even Pagan-Naija is starting threads where he is focusing on his pagan stuff only for people to learn.

-We can have a thread for all the best atheist arguments against religion/god. That would be an infinite thread ranging from the pink unicorn to freewill to the benefits of secularism
-We can have threads focusing strhow to raise children without religion/god and how atheist parents have suceeded. We share parenting tips. (my parents want me to get married). Atheist marriage seems also to be a hot topic.

We also need to meet one another for those in the same countries. Communicating by text is limited. Just from meeting Anony in person, I have learnt new ways to push my points across to religious folks. Imagine what we could learn from each other. We could pass along strategies that we dont want some religious hater on Nairaland to see!! cheesy

Being problem solvers

My father always tells me that "no one builds a statue for a critic". We atheist should also create solutions to religious bigotry and excesses in addition to criticizing it. Criticising is easy. I can do it from my couch. Solving problems is more difficult and more rewarding.

We can help other atheists in need or stop religious nonsense if we can. When I go back to Nigeria, I am going to personally start a silent strategy of educating people about the problems with religion. I also have created a website that would help inform Nigerians about atheism in a positive manner.

We should also live our lives as good people that people can see that one can be good without god.

Being less apathetic to religious bigotry/nonsense

There is nothing more than I hate than people keeping quiet towards evil. You know something bad is happening and you can stop it but you let it happen. There is no difference between you and a non-existent God that we know of.

A practical example is the tithe preaching threads. Every tithe preaching thread we debunk educates a religious soul on the dangers of trapping oneself in such double taxation. It was the internet that saved me from religious nonsense and we should keep on the good fight for common sense and rationality.
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by manmustwac(m): 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
What is the difference between this thread & the other thread with the same title undecided

1 Like

Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
manmustwac: What is the difference between this thread & the other thread with the same title undecided

The election part. I removed the election part so we can focus on the actions of atheists in 2013.

The team Goshen started derailing and throwing election accusations
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by UyiIredia(m): 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
manmustwac: What is the difference between this thread & the other thread with the same title undecided

Please lock this thread. It is a needless repetition.
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Please lock this thread. It is a needless repetition.

E dey pain you? You be atheist?
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
Hmm, I like the "atheist only thread" part, was even thinking about something like that today.
So logicboy, your parents want you to get married?
Will it be the Atheist, Muslim, or Christian girlfriend?
Better change that your name to logicman o.grin
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
inurmind: Hmm, I like the "atheist only thread" part, was even thinking about something like that today.

Cheers
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
inurmind: Hmm, I like the "atheist only thread" part, was even thinking about something like that today.

I think we should have a thread that hold a database of the best atheist arguments against god/religion
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by manmustwac(m): 9:06am On Dec 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

The election part. I removed the election part so we can focus on the actions of atheists in 2013.

Well one thing you need to do is come up with more topics like this How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! . Plus also nearer to the time like beginning of November you need to make a list of all the Nairaland atheists & send them a PM when the election starts in December. If you had their contact numbers & could call people like thehomer or Martian who were not active throughout the elections that's even better. I can still help you in my own way though but I won't say how. wink
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 29, 2012
2013 agenda 1-all atheists should give their lives to christ and ask for his forgiveness
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 29, 2012
chukwudi44: 2013 agenda 1-all atheists should give their lives to christ and ask for his forgiveness

Who is this christ? Can you give me hard evidence that he existed? Evidence that he and a man named simon could even carry a 170 pound cross?
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by turnstoner(m): 11:52am On Dec 29, 2012
manmustwac: Well one thing you need to do is come up with more topics like this How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! . Plus also nearer to the time like beginning of November you need to make a list of all the Nairaland atheists & send them a PM when the election starts in December. If you had their contact numbers & could call people like thehomer or Martian who were not active throughout the elections that's even better. I can still help you in my own way though but I won't say how. wink

I hope it is not arrangee O cool Why is being poster-of-the-year such a big deal?
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by goldplated(m): 11:59am On Dec 29, 2012
this is really uncalled for. a subtle way of saying i'm starting another war.
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Ymodulus: 4:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
inurmind:

Who is this christ? Can you give me hard evidence that he existed? Evidence that he and a man named simon could even carry a 170 pound cross?
u funy
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2012
So logicboy, your parents want you to get married?
Will it be the Atheist, Muslim, or Christian girlfriend?
Better change that your name to logicman o.grin

I dont know who I'll marry. Could be anyone. cheesy
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
manmustwac: Well one thing you need to do is come up with more topics like this How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! . Plus also nearer to the time like beginning of November you need to make a list of all the Nairaland atheists & send them a PM when the election starts in December. If you had their contact numbers & could call people like thehomer or Martian who were not active throughout the elections that's even better. I can still help you in my own way though but I won't say how. wink

I am not talking about winning elections angry angry angry angry

Its not even 2013 yet grin

I am focusing on how we atheists could be better organised next year
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 2:41am On Dec 30, 2012
Remember Purist's topic: In defence of logicboy. We're influencing a lot more 'offline'/'unregistered' viewers/guests than you may realise.

Atheists only threads, hmm, sounds like a good idea..

Give me some time. I'll think of a few things. Too busy drinking palm wine in my village now.. cheesy
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 3:05am On Dec 30, 2012
musKeeto: Remember Purist's topic: In defence of logicboy. We're influencing a lot more 'offline'/'unregistered' viewers/guests than you may realise.

Atheists only threads, hmm, sounds like a good idea..

Give me some time. I'll think of a few things. Too busy drinking palm wine in my village now.. cheesy

Cool!

Please come back with great ideas
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by MrAnony1(m): 7:29am On Dec 30, 2012
Here's an excerpt from wikipedia about Joseph Stalin:

"Raised in the Georgian Orthodox faith, Stalin became an atheist. He followed the position adopted by Lenin that religion was an opiate that needed to be removed in order to construct the ideal communist society. His government promoted atheism through special atheistic education in schools, anti-religious propaganda, the antireligious work of public institutions (Society of the Godless), discriminatory laws, and a terror campaign against religious believers. By the late 1930s it had become dangerous to be publicly associated with religion"

Compare this with Logicboy:

"Raised in the Roman Catholic faith, Logicboy became an atheist. He followed the position that religion was an opiate that needed to be removed in order to construct the ideal Nigerian society. His government promoted atheism through special atheistic education in schools, anti-religious propaganda, the antireligious work of public institutions (Society of the Godless), discriminatory laws, and a terror campaign of public ridicule and mockery against religious believers. By the late 2030s it had become dangerous to be publicly associated with religion"

It is now clear that you are moving from a mere "disbelief" to promoting a full-blown ideology. Beware of the path you are threading. I appeal to you once again to turn before it is too late.

In other news, I've been in London since friday (been visiting friends and relatives). I'll be heading down to Surrey today but I'll still come back to London eventually. If you would like to hang out anytime soon, give my phone a buzz and we'll arrange something.
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Ymodulus: 7:36am On Dec 30, 2012
u an atheist or agnostic?
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by MrAnony1(m): 7:42am On Dec 30, 2012
Ymodulus: u an atheist or agnostic?
are you refering to me?
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Ymodulus: 7:44am On Dec 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:
are you refering to me?
yeah u
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by MrAnony1(m): 7:48am On Dec 30, 2012
Ymodulus: yeah u
None of the above. I am a Christian. Why the question?
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Ymodulus: 7:51am On Dec 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:
None of the above. I am a Christian. Why the question?
just askin
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by MrAnony1(m): 8:28am On Dec 30, 2012
ok
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by turnstoner(m): 10:46am On Dec 30, 2012
I think it is unfair to accuse Logicboy of Leninist or Maoist tendencies. He is not advocating communism is he? Atheists are the culturally persecuted lot in this country. Christians and Moslems are responsible for some of the worst violence against humanity in there unending quest to re-engineer society and have been threatening everybody with damnation and hell for centuries. Stop crying Wolf where there is none!

1 Like

Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 30, 2012
Mr_Anony: Here's an excerpt from wikipedia about Joseph Stalin:

"Raised in the Georgian Orthodox faith, Stalin became an atheist. He followed the position adopted by Lenin that religion was an opiate that needed to be removed in order to construct the ideal communist society. His government promoted atheism through special atheistic education in schools, anti-religious propaganda, the antireligious work of public institutions (Society of the Godless), discriminatory laws, and a terror campaign against religious believers. By the late 1930s it had become dangerous to be publicly associated with religion"

Compare this with Logicboy:

"Raised in the Roman Catholic faith, Logicboy became an atheist. He followed the position that religion was an opiate that needed to be removed in order to construct the ideal Nigerian society. His government promoted atheism through special atheistic education in schools, anti-religious propaganda, the antireligious work of public institutions (Society of the Godless), discriminatory laws, and a terror campaign of public ridicule and mockery against religious believers. By the late 2030s it had become dangerous to be publicly associated with religion"

It is now clear that you are moving from a mere "disbelief" to promoting a full-blown ideology. Beware of the path you are threading. I appeal to you once again to turn before it is too late.

In other news, I've been in London since friday (been visiting friends and relatives). I'll be heading down to Surrey today but I'll still come back to London eventually. If you would like to hang out anytime soon, give my phone a buzz and we'll arrange something.

1) Can everybody note that this "non-abusive" christian ustcompared me with Joseph Stalin?
2) The "non-abusive" christian now went to predict my future claiming that I want to spread anti-religion and be discriminatory
3) He also mentions a terror campaign of ridicue and mockery of believers as part of my plans.

This is the mind of a delusional christian. Paranoid and afraid of his religion dying ad disbelief replacing it. Here are the facts;

1) Stalin was an anti-religious communist murderer. I am not anti-religious and neither am I a murderer. I am okay with secular christians, buddhists and many pagans. What I dislike is religious bigotry and intolerance. I am also not a communist

2) I have never endorsed discrimination and persecution against anyone just for being religious. So, Idon know where this deulusional christian is getting such anti-religious propaganda from.

3) Terror campaign of ridicule? That is what you fear? This is foolish when you compare the christian campaigns of the past to silence unbelievers with blasphemy laws, to force unrealistic christian "morality" on others by banning condoms (thereby causing unwanted pregnancy and AIDS to rise) and the campaign for more religion in govt.
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 30, 2012
turnstoner: I think it is unfair to accuse Logicboy of Leninist or Maoist tendencies. He is not advocating communism is he? Atheists are the culturally persecuted lot in this country. Christians and Moslems are responsible for some of the worst violence against humanity in there unending quest to re-engineer society and have been threatening everybody with damnation and hell for centuries. Stop crying Wolf where there is none!

Dont mind the hypocrite
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by MrAnony1(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2012
turnstoner: I think it is unfair to accuse Logicboy of Leninist or Maoist tendencies. He is not advocating communism is he? Atheists are the culturally persecuted lot in this country. Christians and Moslems are responsible for some of the worst violence against humanity in there unending quest to re-engineer society and have been threatening everybody with damnation and hell for centuries. Stop crying Wolf where there is none!

First of all it wasn't an accusation, it was a warning. The fact that Logicboy reads it as an accusation/insult says a lot about his guilty conscience.

Neither Stalin nor Mao started as mass-murderers. The point I am making is very clear: First it starts with a disbelief, next he tries to convince others. When calm dialogue fails him, he resorts to calling them names and insulting them hoping to force them into atheism by sheer mockery. Now he is calling for an organized ideology and movement all with the aim of suppressing people's religious beliefs. If he had the power, I am sure he will ban religion in Nigeria.

Mao and Stalin thought they were doing what was best from their countries but then they devolved into the monsters they were. I see the same trend today and all I am doing is remind Logicboy the destination of the path he is towing.
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by cyrexx: 2:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:

First of all it wasn't an accusation, it was a warning. The fact that Logicboy reads it as an accusation/insult says a lot about his guilty conscience.

in as much i repsect you and your views/posts on nairaland, i will say this is both dishonest and condescending of you to link logicboy's reaction to your accusations as evidence of guilty conscience. You somehow assume you are on a moral highground and you know what is going on in another person's life and you never for once thought you could be wrong. This is pride and dishonesty and i know you will start asking me to define the basis for calling out your pride/dishonesty here. It is clear for all to see.

Neither Stalin nor Mao started as mass-murderers. The point I am making is very clear: First it starts with a disbelief, next he tries to convince others. When calm dialogue fails him, he resorts to calling them names and insulting them hoping to force them into atheism by sheer mockery. Now he is calling for an organized ideology and movement all with the aim of suppressing people's religious beliefs. If he had the power, I am sure he will ban religion in Nigeria.

Mao and Stalin thought they were doing what was best from their countries but then they devolved into the monsters they were. I see the same trend today and all I am doing is remind Logicboy the destination of the path he is towing.

this false and malignant accusations/projections has been addressed and explained to you on another thread (i will paste the link once i locate it)

it has been shown to you that communism IS NOT the same as atheism.

Communism is a political ideology NOT a religious stance.

Atheism is a reactionary stance to religion. Without religion, there wont be atheists.

Atheists are normal people who woke up from religious delusions.

Atheism is NOT the same as communism, evolution, science etc etc

You somehow subconsciuosly feel its justified if you malign and falsely accuse non-believers. No wonder, your imaginary friend vows to torture them forever in their second life, so your malicious false accusations must have been inspired by the sky tyrant

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
Gbam!

Cyrexx has said it all!

Deep respects bro! You always got my back
Re: Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! by MrAnony1(m): 2:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
cyrexx:

in as much i repsect you and your views/posts on nairaland, i will say this is both dishonest and condescending of you to link logicboy's reaction to your accusations as evidence of guilty conscience. You somehow assume you are on a moral highground and you know what is going on in another person's life and you never for once thought you could be wrong. This is pride and dishonesty and i know you will start asking me to define the basis for calling out your pride/dishonesty here. It is clear for all to see.

this false and malignant accusations/projections has been addressed and explained to you on another thread (i will paste the link once i locate it)

it has been shown to you that communism IS NOT the same as atheism.

Communism is a political ideology NOT a religious stance.

Atheism is a reactionary stance to religion. Without religion, there wont be atheists.

Atheists are normal people who woke up from religious delusions.

Atheism is NOT the same as communism, evolution, science etc etc

You somehow subconsciuosly feel its justified if you malign and falsely accuse non-believers. No wonder, your imaginary friend vows to torture them forever in their second life, so your malicious false accusations must have been inspired by the sky tyrant
Perhaps you should read that my comment again and tell me how exactly it is an accusation instead of a warning. Secondly you should go and read about Stalin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can a Christian go to The Mosque? / Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? / Is Mitchell Obama Really A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.