Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports (43227 Views)

Africa's Top 10 Richest Footballers Of All Time / Supersport – Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Football Players / Kanu Tops Nigeria's 50 Greatest Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Chanchit: 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
Syenite: Where is Samuel Okwaraji?

He is on top of the list of best dead Nigerian footballer.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
It is better to know criteria for the list before lamenting.
X-factoria:
Taye Taiwo in the list and Chidi Nwanu is not there, this must be a joke!!!!

How many years has Mikel played to be named among the greats
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Syenite(m): 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sagamite:

He wasn't a great footballer.
Am sure u were nt born during Samuel Okwaraji's playing days. Did u watch Maroc '88?
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
Syenite: Am sure u were nt born during Samuel Okwaraji's playing days. Did u watch Maroc '88?

Yes, I did.

And so?
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Abagworo(m): 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
Top 3 should have been Kanu, Okocha and Yekini in no particular order.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2013
Chanchit:

He is on top of the list of best dead Nigerian footballer.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Abagworo(m): 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2013
Syenite: Am sure u were nt born during Samuel Okwaraji's playing days. Did u watch Maroc '88?

95% of Nairalanders were born after 1980.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
Abagworo:

95% of Nairalanders were born after 1980.

undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO3YmT2d-8k
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by onatisi(m): 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2013
Gabbysky:

Are you a learner?
dont mind that guy ,he is busy making dumb and daft statements all over the thread,just ignore him as others have done
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2013
onatisi:
dont mind that guy ,he is busy making dumb and daft statements all over the thread,just ignore him as others have done

person, stop running!

Tell us why Okwaraji was a great player.

Cretinous product of a failed education. You can't defend your assertion?

The reason is there are no nutrients in your brain from food or education.

Foool!
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by gmhc(m): 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
Haba! Where's Garba Lawal A.K.A Chindo, the man sacrificed his all and was patriotic during his active days and he's not considered a legend? Na wa ooo
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Syenite(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sagamite:

Yes, I did.

And so?
. Ok a simple test: What was d number on his Jersies? How many goals did he score? And against what opponents?
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Syenite(m): 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2013
Syenite: . Ok a simple test: What was d number on his Jersies? How many goals did he score? And against what opponents?
If u like go and google search.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
Syenite: . Ok a simple test: What was d number on his Jersies? How many goals did he score? And against what opponents?

Why the fck do you think I would remember all that? undecided

I can't even remember most of the fcking thing in Tunis 94 when we won? Why would I remember Maroc 88?

And what makes you think if I wanted to lie to you, I cannot google most of that?

That said, if I remember correctly (which I really don't care), Okwaraji wore no.8. If not no.8, then no.16 or 14.

Your test is worthless, mate. Just know I am old enough to have seen Maroc 1988.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2013
When i set my eyes on d list i knwo something is wrong.Kanu b4 JJ Okocha?forget that list and joseph dosu,sam okwaraji who died 1988 in moroc.representing naija.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2013
If m.obi and taye make d list,were is victor agali?and ike shorum the goal keeper.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
Syenite: If u like go and google search.

I don't need to google search. I don't waste my time like that, it is a senseless test.

Now tell me what was special about Maroc 88 linking to Okwaraji. And also tell me why Okwaraji was a great player.

dannysteve99@ya:
When i set my eyes on d list i knwo something is wrong.Kanu b4 JJ Okocha?forget that list and joseph dosu,sam okwaraji who died 1988 in moroc.representing naija.

When I complain about democracy people think I am harsh.

Some people should not have a say in the world! FACT!
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by onatisi(m): 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sagamite:

Why the fck do you think I would remember all that? undecided

I can't even remember most of the fcking thing in Tunis 94 when we won? Why would I remember Maroc 88?

And what makes you think if I wanted to lie to you, I cannot google most of that?

That said, if I remember correctly (which I really don't care), Okwaraji wore no.8. If not no.8, then no.16 or 14.

Your test is worthless, mate. Just know I am old enough to have seen Maroc 1988.
i think it is right time seun creates a kiddies or cartoon sections for boys like this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Syenite(m): 5:25pm On Jan 06, 2013
30. Elkanah Onyeali
34. Peter Anieke
39. Albert Onyeawuna
45. Tony Igwe
47. Sam Garba Okoye
48. Friday Okoh

Abeg who b these guys and when did they feature for d national team? Were they also great players?
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 5:25pm On Jan 06, 2013
onatisi:
i think it is right time seun creates a kiddies or cartoon sections for boys like this.

Daft person, RUN!

Pussyclat!

Product of a failed education system. grin
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
Syenite: 30. Elkanah Onyeali
34. Peter Anieke
39. Albert Onyeawuna
45. Tony Igwe
47. Sam Garba Okoye
48. Friday Okoh

Abeg who b these guys and when did they feature for d national team? Were they also great players?

I am waiting for you o!
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by dayokanu(m): 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2013
ImpactWorld: I believe the reason Kanu Nwankwo is placed above J. J. Okocha is because he played in more popular clubs and won more trophies internationally. In terms of personal skills, J. J. Okocha is undoubtedly number one

The reason kanu is ahead of jay Jay is because Kanu is a better footballer and more purposeful than Jayjay

Its not by coincidence that one resume reads Ajax, Inter Arsenal while the other reads Frankfurt, Fenerbahce, PSG and Bolton

Big club want big players and not circus entertainers like Okocha

Its like comparing a resume that reads Accenture, Exxonmobil, Goldman Sachs to one that reads Okonkwo and Sons, Obat petroleum and Wema Bank

KANU the best
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by sylve11: 5:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
semid4lyfe: What is Osaze Odemwingie doing on the list?

Lol! Nothing much, just rubbing shoulders with them rest. grin cool
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Syenite(m): 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sagamite:

I am waiting for you o!
. U did nt know Sam Okwaraji.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 5:37pm On Jan 06, 2013
dayokanu:

The reason kanu is ahead of jay Jay is because Kanu is a better footballer and more purposeful than Jayjay

Its not by coincidence that one resume reads Ajax, Inter Arsenal while the other reads Frankfurt, Fenerbahce, PSG and Bolton

Big club want big players and not circus entertainers like Okocha

Its like comparing a resume that reads Accenture, Exxonmobil, Goldman Sachs to one that reads Okonkwo and Sons, Obat petroleum and Wema Bank

KANU the best

Perenial long-term bench-warmer at Ajax, Inter, Arsenal and even Portsmouth and West Brom vs. King/Alhaji/Alfa/Olugbala/Owelle/Private Jet Flying Pastor at Frankfurt, Fenerbahce, PSG and Bolton. grin

I would take the latter anyday. He was also Olugbala of Super Eagles.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2013
Syenite: . U did nt know Sam Okwaraji.

You are really sounding very dumb now and getting on my nerves.

Can you freaking tell us:

What was special about Maroc 88 linking to Okwaraji. And also tell me why Okwaraji was a great player.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by mrjingles(m): 5:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
Abeg is Paul Hamilton on that list? Sagamite if Mikel is on the list then Okwaraji should be there.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by ehispapa(m): 5:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sagamite:

Perenial long-term bench-warmer at Ajax, Inter, Arsenal and even Portsmouth and West Brom vs. King/Alhaji/Alfa/Olugbala/Owelle/Private Jet Flying Pastor at Frankfurt, Fenerbahce, PSG and Bolton. grin

Guy forget sentiment Kanu is better than Okocha
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
ehispapa:
Guy forget sentiment Kanu is better than Okocha

Kanu na bench-warmer jor. He is nowhere as good as Jay-Jay.

Jay Jay is the most talented and one of the top 3 most influential on the pitch Naija as ever had at SE's different primes.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by dayokanu(m): 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sagamite:

Came on in the CL final when Ajax won Scored the winning goal in the FA cup for Portsmouth , WOn several titles in Inter and Arsenal

Chicharito is also a benchwarmer better than many starters
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by jadakiss213(m): 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
Mos def...Kanu was a greater player than okocha..Africa's most decorated footballer after Etoo Fills? okocha was great no doubt but Kanu remains the greatest footballer to come out of 9ja..
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Tgirl4real(f): 5:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sagamite:

I agree with this. Okocha is a skillful player, but I'll pick Kanu b4 picking him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Onaolapo Pulls Pant Off After Commonwealth Win! / Lady Switched Off The TV At A Viewing Center & Got A Slap (Video) / You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.