Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Cost Of Living In Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Living In Ghana (2354 Views)

Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / The Pains Of Living In Port Harcourt (photos) / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Living In Ghana by ayojosh2k(m): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2012
Dear NLs,

I recently got a job in Ghana and i will be moving very soon. Does anyone have an idea of the cost of living in Ghana, Housing, Transportation, e.t.c

I anticipate your response.

Standing By....
Re: Cost Of Living In Ghana by bigtt76(f): 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2012
Housing
This can be very expensive depending on where you chose to stay - Estate or normal face me I face you. You can expect paying upto $300 per month for 2 bedroom apartment or $800 for 4 bedroom flat. On the other hand you can get same for between $150 to $300 respectively depending on the area. Tema (port town) can be more expensive than Accra itself.

Food
This also depends on your choice. Local foods like banku (corn cassava mixture) or kenke (corn millet arrangement) are relatively cheaper than exotic foods in the restaurant. Infact you are better off cooking than buying.

Transportation
This is where bulk of your money will go to if not careful. Taxis are way expensive than the buses (trotro). Take note that no bikes so the earlier you wake up to start going to work the better because thats will also decide your mode of transport. Don't live far away from your office if you can.

Leisure
Enough play ground for you but its all dependent on your pocket.

I hope this has given you an insight into it all... wish you the best.
Re: Cost Of Living In Ghana by ayojosh2k(m): 11:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
Dear Bigtt76,

Thanks for the prompt response.

My plan is to get a 3 Bedroom apartment in Osu or Spintex, can $400/Month cut it? I hope they have open markets where i can buy my regular food stuffs et all? also any ideas about Nusery/Primary schools? cos i will eventually be moving my family.

Thanks a Lot...
Re: Cost Of Living In Ghana by ayojosh2k(m): 8:07am On Jan 02, 2013
STill Standing by for more responses.

Thanking You

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why Nigerians Were Not Issued 5years USA Visa / What The Average Americans Really Know About Nigeria/africa / Hawker Crushed to Death by a Truck Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.