Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,134 members, 7,957,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:48 AM

When Grandparent Tell Grandchildren Their Parent Ard Stupid - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Grandparent Tell Grandchildren Their Parent Ard Stupid (636 Views)

Nigerian Man Married To 57 Women,150 Grandchildren (Photo) / Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? / Children And Their Parent's unclothedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Grandparent Tell Grandchildren Their Parent Ard Stupid by engrtee(f): 11:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
What do you do when your parent tell your children they are stupid. At times in your presence.

After trials to laugh over it and ignore,its reoccurence becomes more annoying.

Wat d best way to curtail this witout problem?
Re: When Grandparent Tell Grandchildren Their Parent Ard Stupid by greatgod2012(f): 2:13am On Dec 30, 2012
That is not hard now, just try and educate d grandparent why it is good to use positive words on these kids. The grandparent who has always take correction will adhere and change, d one that has not be taking correction will not and should be ignored, till he decides to change.
My opinion anyway.
May God help us all.
Re: When Grandparent Tell Grandchildren Their Parent Ard Stupid by slimyem: 2:54am On Dec 30, 2012
Where is the problem here?
Is it the grandparent doing the scolding or what?
What's wrong with calling a child silly if he or she acts silly?(yes,i said it.)"Silly" isn't a corrective word but its not a swear word either.
This family section topics and the westernised excessive morality on child discipline comments just make me laugh.
Treating kids as/like small gods seems to be the latest trend..[s]waiting for the "when you have a child......" line[/s]cheesy
Proper African Child discipline styles slowly fading away.undecided

2 Likes

Re: When Grandparent Tell Grandchildren Their Parent Ard Stupid by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 30, 2012
Waiting for the 'when you have a child line' cheesy

People just Loooove to tickle me sha! grin Fine by me cheesy

OP it depends on the tone from the grandparent.... silly is not a bad word but when it's getting too much you have to address it.,....in a respectful way .
Re: When Grandparent Tell Grandchildren Their Parent Ard Stupid by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
No one calls my children names, not even my parents, if they were alive. It's not disciplinary, so as far as I'm concerned, is pointless. My grandparents didn't call myself or my siblings names, because that's not the way they were, and my parents wouldn't have tolerated it anyway.

The title of this thread is confusing, it would suggest the Grandparents are telling their Granchildren their parents are silly. OP, you may wish to revise, and modify.
Re: When Grandparent Tell Grandchildren Their Parent Ard Stupid by sholay2011(m): 6:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
I personally read a diff meaning to wat d OP has posted. She meant her parents (who are her children's grandparents) call her 'silly' in frnt of her children wc is nt appropriate.

@OP...u too stop doing silly things.

(1) (Reply)

Dog/animal Lovers BBM Group / Missing Person / Private Teacher For Your Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.