Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Children And Their Parent's unclothedness - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children And Their Parent's unclothedness (25775 Views)

I Have Never Seen The Full unclothedness Of My Husband, Is This Right? / The Unique Life Of Nigerian Children And Their Parents / Help! Maid Now Hounds Me In The House Because I Saw Her unclothedness! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by IdiAmin2(m): 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2012
Need your opinion, me and my wife always disgree about something. It's nothing major, but she takes it too serious.

We have 3 kids. 7 year old boy, and twin girls, 4 years old. My wife has a problem that I do not hide my unclothedness from my kids. If I am urinating in the toilet, and my son wants to pee as well, he comes beside me and pees, and he will even joke and try to shoot my pee with his pee. I do not tell him to wait outside so that he does not see my manliness. Even if we are in the bedroom and I'm lotioning up and daughters run into the room, i do not hide and tell them to go outside so they do not see my manliness! Why should I do that? they are my children. My wife will tell them to go outside.

If we have no visitors at home, and Im taking a bath, I dont lock the bathroom door. My wife would come and say 'you need to lock the door, these children can come in' and I will be like 'So? they are my children'

she keeps telling me it's not proper in our culture, it is morally wrong and can cause disrespect, it does not happen in Nigeria, bla bla
I can understand where she is coming from. I stayed at home for 23 years and I can say I have never seen my father's manliness (or maybe I did as a small child and can't remember).

Is it wrong?

3 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by ojesymsym: 1:02pm On Oct 31, 2012
Yes sir, she is so right and u r wrong.

27 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
Personally, I don't think it's appropriate. They may well be your kids, but there are some lines you don't cross, undressing in front of your kids (especially the girls) is one of those borders.

I'm with your wife on this one.

4 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by cantell(m): 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
Idi-Amin:
Need your opinion, me and my wife always disgree about something. It's nothing major, but she takes it too serious.

We have 3 kids. 7 year old boy, and twin girls, 4 years old. My wife has a problem that I do not hide my unclothedness from my kids. If I am urinating in the toilet, and my son wants to pee as well, he comes beside me and pees, and he will even joke and try to shoot my pee with his pee. I do not tell him to wait outside so that he does not see my manliness. Even if we are in the bedroom and I'm lotioning up and daughters run into the room, i do not hide and tell them to go outside so they do not see my manliness! Why should I do that? they are my children. My wife will tell them to go outside.

If we have no visitors at home, and Im taking a bath, I dont lock the bathroom door. My wife would come and say 'you need to lock the door, these children can come in' and I will be like 'So? they are my children'

she keeps telling me it's not proper in our culture, it is morally wrong and can cause disrespect, it does not happen in Nigeria, bla bla
I can understand where she is coming from. I stayed at home for 23 years and I can say I have never seen my father's manliness (or maybe I did as a small child and can't remember).

Is it wrong?

Why would you want your kids to see your unclothedness?
Thats disgusting!
Too much info for the kids!
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by uboma(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2012
@ op, u are very wrong allowing ur kids (boy and girls) to see ur manliness. Pls listen to ur wife so as to avoid future negative consequences on ur children.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by MrsChima(f): 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2012
In other countries that is considered child abuse.

7 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by ayabunmi(f): 1:27pm On Oct 31, 2012
My opinion as one raised in Lagos. It is wrong for children above the age of 7 to see their parent's unclothedness. It is believed that they are matured to start forming images in their mind (i guess the question of why does mummy have breast and daddy "rod").

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by IdiAmin2(m): 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2012
Siena: Personally, I don't think it's appropriate. They may well be your kids, but there are some lines you don't cross, undressing in front of your kids (especially the girls) is one of those borders.

I'm with your wife on this one.

tell me why do you think that because a little girl has not seen manliness before as a child, then it means she will grow up morally better than the one who grew up seeing her father's manliness.

what do you mean by 'there are some lines you should not cross' I am not a peadophile abegi, and will not be Nigerian Josef Fritzl. It just does not bother me, that is all I am saying.

3 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by ryom(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
@op, I'm surprised you're rather blasé about this. Please listen to you wife on this one. Good luck.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by slimyem: 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
Op,is it until your son starts asking you why your thing is bigger than his own that you'll know its wrong?
...or until your daughters ask you why your own isn't like their own?
They are your children but they are well grown past that totally innocent stage....
Be wise!!

2 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by IdiAmin2(m): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
ayabunmi: My opinion as one raised in Lagos. It is wrong for children above the age of 7 to see their parent's unclothedness. It is believed that they are matured to start forming images in their mind (i guess the question of why does mummy have breast and daddy "rod"wink.
believe me, children will still ask why daddy has rod and mummy has bossom, regardless of whether they see their parents unclothedness or not. Infact, they will ask why does my brother have rod and I don't. It is in their nature. And my kids have never treated it like a big deal. they have never even referred to my manliness or said anything like 'look', they just behave like it is NORMAL. maybe because I have been like this with them since they were babies

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
Idi-Amin:

tell me why do you think that because a little girl has not seen manliness before as a child, then it means she will grow up morally better than the one who grew up seeing her father's manliness.

what do you mean by 'there are some lines you should not cross' I am not a peadophile abegi, and will not be Nigerian Josef Fritzl. It just does not bother me, that is all I am saying.

Common sense says it's not proper.
Why would you want kids to see your nudity? Are you some kind of perv or something? Only your wife should see that.

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by baby124: 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
grin grin grin
I don't know, but I don't see anything wrong in this. As long as OP is not being obnoxious and lewd with it, then there is nothing wrond. And as long as OP is not doing the deed with wifey in front of his babies,or molesting them then all is peachy in my opinion. They are probably a close family and OP was raised like this. grin. Kids are innocent until you start doing crazy crap in front of them.If you are going about your business and they burst in, are you gonna dive for cover?

7 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by IdiAmin2(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2012
slimyem: Op,is it until your son starts asking you why your thing is bigger than his own that you'll know its wrong?
...or until your daughters ask you why your own isn't like their own?
They are your children but they are well grown past that totally innocent stage....
Be wise!!

Even if they dont ask at home. dont they go to school? they will ask sooner or later, they will have peers in school. When you start hiding this this education from your kids and make it a taboo to ask about their private parts, that is when they will start exploring at age 13 and bring disgrace into your house
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by MrsChima(f): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2012
Idi-Amin:

YOU DON'T HAVE AN ISSUE BUT YOUR WIFE DOES. You do not owe no one an explanation on this site but you do owe respect to your wife's feelings regarding your flaunting around your body in front of the kids. She is uncomfortable with you prancing around or you simply do not care?

We can't help your marriage nor we can prevent whatever comes your way but you simply asked us our opinions and we gave it to you. Now you can simply have a chat with your wife and find out what is good for the both of youse...until then she is unhappy and you don't give a Bleep.

6 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by MrsChima(f): 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
Idi-Amin:

Even if they dont ask at home. dont they go to school? they will ask sooner or later, they will have peers in school. When you start hiding this this education from your kids and make it a taboo to ask about their private parts, that is when they will start exploring at age 13 and bring disgrace into your house

Huh? You prancing your body around is EDUCATING YOUR KIDS The boys have the same thing YOU HAVE and the girl have the same thing HER MOMMA HAVE...why must YOU SHOW YOUR BODY PARTS to simply remind them they have the same thing?

You can properly educate your kids with proper names for body parts that is acceptable because they will learn it at school but to prancing around like a human chalkboard is not necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by MrsChima(f): 2:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
Since OP doesn't have an issue with prancing around nekkid...then he shouldn't have an issue with his children prancing around nekkid to other people as well.

If he doesn't give a Bleep...neither should the kids. Prance on!

8 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by IdiAmin2(m): 2:03pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

YOU DON'T HAVE AN ISSUE BUT YOUR WIFE DOES. You do not owe no one an explanation on this site but you do owe respect to your wife's feelings regarding your flaunting around your body in front of the kids. She is uncomfortable with you prancing around or you simply do not care?

We can't help your marriage nor we can prevent whatever comes your way but you simply asked us our opinions and we gave it to you. Now you can simply have a chat with your wife and find out what is good for the both of youse...until then she is unhappy and you don't give a Bleep.

Look, it is not like I am walking around the house with nuts dangling from left to right. I wear clothes in my house, let's get that clear. It's just not in me to close the bedroom door when I come in from the bathroom just because my kids are downstairs and they could come up anytime. if I am lotioning up and one of daughters walk in, should I dive for cover behind the bed, and shout 'get out'.

I undersatnd my wife's feelings but I have to consciously think about it and do what she is saying. it's mot like I think to myself 'should I do it or not do it, my wife might get annoyed. I will do it anyway'

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by baby124: 2:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
OP, nothing wrong. It didn't affect me. I was totally oblivious of this till I was like 15, when I started seeing the opposite sex differently. Then I noticed my parents. I personally only use a towel in the shower and then go about my business till I am fully dressed. So who am I to judge? Am not going to judge you. Your kids won't knock before they dash in. I even dash in when my parents are taking a shower, open the shower curtains to get what I want and leave when I like. We even used to have convo's sometimes with parents doing their business in the bathroom. I guess I don't see why everyone is so up tight.

11 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by MrsChima(f): 2:06pm On Oct 31, 2012
Idi-Amin:

Look, it is not like I am walking around the house with nuts dangling from left to right. I wear clothes in my house, let's get that clear. It's just not in me to close the bedroom door when I come in from the bathroom just because my kids are downstairs and they could come up anytime. if I am lotioning up and one of daughters walk in, should I dive for cover behind the bed, and shout 'get out'.

I undersatnd my wife's feelings but I have to consciously think about it and do what she is saying. it's mot like I think to myself 'should I do it or not do it, my wife might get annoyed. I will do it anyway'

Oh now you have clothes on....dude whatever.

You just basically proved my point when I said...you don't give a Bleep. So what is the point of this thread?

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by slimyem: 2:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
Idi-Amin:

You shouldn't even wait for them to ask but when they ask it shouldnt be because you been flaunting your thing in their face all over the house.
Sex education is good but it has to be verbal not practical like you are doing and its has to be when the child's mind is developed enough to understand and digest the idea not at age 4 or age 7.
What they should be learning now is how they shouldn't allow anyone touch them in those places and/or let you or their mum knows if such happens!!

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by IdiAmin2(m): 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Since OP doesn't have an issue with prancing around nekkid...then he shouldn't have an issue with his children prancing around nekkid to other people as well.

If he doesn't give a Bleep...neither should the kids. Prance on!

Madam you making assumptions here. I would defo have an issue with my kids naked around aother people. we are a close family, i have been like these with them since they were babies. It's no big issue for them, they dont even look at me, or my manliness. it's not like they go around the house laughing 'I saw daddy's manliness, hehehe'. because we are a close family, they dont even look, I can be in the shower, my son can come in the bathroom pee and walk out without even acknowledging that I am naked in the shower. I get your point though
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by IdiAmin2(m): 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
slimyem: You shouldn't even wait for them to ask but when they ask it shouldnt be because you been flaunting your thing in their face all over the house.
Sex education is good but it has to be verbal not practical like you are doing and its has to be when the child's mind is developed enough to understand and digest the idea not at age 4 or age 7.
What they should be learning now is how they shouldn't allow anyone touch them in those places and/or let you or their mum knows if such happens!!

Ok, I see what this is turning into. I never said I 'flaunt my thing' or teach them 'practical sex education'. people are starting to assume I am telling my daughters to look and touch, and tell them this is balls and this is manliness. anyway, thanks for the feedback
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by MissyB3(f): 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2012
It's not a question of what is proper or improper; it depends on what you're comfortable with.
Why anyone couldn't be comfortable un/dressing in front of their kid is what I cannot understand.

Yes, questions have been asked and appropriate answers were given.

3 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by patholaw: 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2012
Missy_B: It's not a question of being proper or improper; it depends on what you're comfortable with.
Why anyone couldn't be comfortable un/dressing in front of their kid is what I cannot understand.

Yes, questions have been asked and appropriate answers were given.
Tru talk.
I went 2 a fwend houz and i noticed his sisters(matured) were moving around almost naked....my eyez sharpen dat day...

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by MrsChima(f): 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
Idi-Amin:

Madam you making assumptions here. I would defo have an issue with my kids naked around aother people. we are a close family, i have been like these with them since they were babies. It's no big issue for them, they dont even look at me, or my manliness. it's not like they go around the house laughing 'I saw daddy's manliness, hehehe'. because we are a close family, they dont even look, I can be in the shower, my son can come in the bathroom pee and walk out without even acknowledging that I am naked in the shower. I get your point though

Making an assumption? You just said YOU DIDN'T CARE!! HOW CAN SOMEBODY ASSUME SOMETHING YOU HAVE CONFESSED TO! You said you don't close the door and have piss contest with your son! That is PRANCING AROUND! GOODNESS!

SMH.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Afam4eva(m): 2:45pm On Oct 31, 2012
It just doesn't sound right.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Mavor: 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
Dude are you a Christian? If yes, the bible has God speaking against children seeing the unclothedness of their parents. Not good.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
Idi-Amin:

You asked for opinions, I gave mine. It may not have been what you wanted to hear, but that's life. Note, I said opinion, not fact. How you choose to raise your children is your business, though once you posted here, and asked if it was right or wrong, it became everyone's business.

No need to get defensive either. I never said you were a p@edophile. And as for it not bothering you, why are we having this conversation, if this is the case?
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Afam4eva(m): 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mavor: Dude are you a Christian? If yes, the bible has God speaking against children seeing the unclothedness of their parents. Not good.
Pls what part of the scripture is this? At times i wonder if i'm reading the right Bible.

6 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Walexz02(m): 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
Uhn..... Hw could you strip ur self naked infront of ur kids
Abi u no knw say 7 years old gurl fit won go out find if there are different sizes of ROD Abeg stop am...
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by obalola7: 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
Idi-Amin:

Is it wrong?

I think you are one of the people that are not worth of being a good role model as a father or leader of a house. First, looking from the above highlighted sentence, it appears that your parent taught you well, but you just decided to do injustice to your own kids. You are immorally wrong and indiscipline to abuse the children like that. You better grow up and stop acting like a high school boy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law / I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc / We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.