Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,762 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport (7527 Views)

NDLEA Seizes N61m Worth Of Drugs At Abuja Airport / NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) / NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 30, 2012

Suspect hides cocaine in soap tablets

An attempt by Olawole Akanle, 42, to smuggle 630g of cocaine hidden in six tablets of soap to the United Kingdom was recently aborted by law enforcement agents at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos.

Akanle was about to board an Arik Air flight to London when he was apprehended by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency.

Another suspect, Nicholas Ezika, who ingested about 62 wraps of methamphetamine weighing 1.130kg, was similarly arrested at the airport. He was en-route to Malaysia via Egypt Airline flight.

The NDLEA commander at the airport, Mr. Hamza Umar, confirmed the arrests. He said, “This is the second time we are detecting drugs concealed in soap this year. Although it was an ingenious plan, we were able to detect it. The suspects are said to have made confessional statements on their involvement, which is helping further investigation.”

Akanle, who holds Nigerian and British passports, said, “I was born in London. I lived in south-east London until 2007 when I came back to Nigeria. I sell laptops, clothes and shoes to earn a living. I was contacted to smuggle the drugs by a friend. He told me that since I have a British passport and had lived there, it will be easy for me to handle. They also told me that the drug was neatly concealed. He promised to pay me £3,000 excluding all travel expenses. That was how I got involved.”

An auto parts dealer at the Onitsha Market in Anambra State, Ezika blamed his predicament on the demolition of his shop. He said, “I am an auto parts dealer at Npkor, Onitsha. I was doing fine in business until my shop was demolished. After the demolition, it was difficult to take care of my wife and only child. I had no option of survival than to accept$3,000 to smuggle the drugs. I ingested the drugs at Onitsha and came to Lagos to board my flight to Malaysia. I was ignorant of the fact that drug offenders are liable to death in Malaysia. It was after my arrest that I discovered the risk involved in my action.”

In his reaction, the Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, expressed delight over Ezika’s arrest. He said, “I am very happy with the arrests, particularly that of the second suspect, Ezika. It is good that we detected the drug here. Apart from the death penalty he would have faced in Malaysia, we have also protected the image of the country from disrepute. I urge members of the public to join in the fight against drug trafficking and abuse. We have saved many young people from similar premature deaths and we hope todo more to protect lives in the days ahead.”. http://www.punchng.com/feature/crime-digest/suspect-hides-cocaine-in-soap-tablets/

1 Like

Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 30, 2012
Akande... Sho tan... Iya ba e so.. O so pe o ni gbo.. Beeni baba na ba e so..o so pe o ni gba... O ti kosi panpe ndlea ... Tie ti bae... Happy New year in Advance in Kirikiri. Oloshi
E wo were bo tin ronju bi adofuro... Damboroba.

8 Likes

Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by apoti(m): 10:23am On Dec 30, 2012
Thank God, this is a balanced equation. No room for the tribal warlords. tongue grin

10 Likes

Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by pwiz(m): 10:24am On Dec 30, 2012
To hell with them with their flimsy excuse. Na wen dem catch dem finish dem go dey give excuse.

1 Like

Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by pwiz(m): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2012
apoti: Thank God, this is a balanced equation. No room for the tribal warlords. tongue grin
What took ur mind there? Mumu
Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by lafuria1(m): 10:29am On Dec 30, 2012
even if the punishment is death by firing squad, people will still attempt to smuggle drugs. smh...
Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 30, 2012
rafhell: people will never learn to decease from smuggling cocaine

on a lighter note: second to comment. yippee
dancing azonto

You mean desist from smuggling cocaine?

2 Likes

Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by misterh(m): 10:30am On Dec 30, 2012
rafhell: people will never learn to decease from smuggling cocaine

on a lighter note: second to comment. yippee
dancing azonto
, *desist*
Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by postemail: 10:32am On Dec 30, 2012
Another story:

Arrested on arrival from Brazil. Drugs in his underwear.

https://www.nairaland.com/1143497/nigerian-arrested-cocaine-christmas-day#13561606
Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 30, 2012
apoti: Thank God, this is a balanced equation. No room for the tribal warlords. tongue grin

for where cheesy cheesy grin grin nagoma go enter anytime now
Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 30, 2012
Keneking:

You mean desist from smuggling cocaine?

thanx
Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 30, 2012
misterh: , *desist*

thanx. my error
Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:35am On Dec 30, 2012

Yes ooo... If not, they would have hijacked d thread
Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 30, 2012
i have to wonder sha - nigeria a country that imports almost everything - are people supposed to beleive they were going to use or sell all that dudu osun soap?

its always funny when you read of people being caught with drugs concealed in items for sale - in places that do not have any lack of those items
Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by ilenaira: 10:37am On Dec 30, 2012
oluface: Akande... Sho tan... Iya ba e so.. O so pe o ni gbo.. Beeni baba na ba e so..o so pe o ni gba... O ti kosi panpe ndlea ... Tie ti bae... Happy New year in Advance in Kirikiri. Oloshi
E wo were bo tin ronju bi adofuro... Damboroba.
grin grin grin Aahh oluface, ma fi erin pa mi laaro yi o. grin grin grin
Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by donpeluchi(m): 10:38am On Dec 30, 2012
What a collabo, no room for tribal idi ots on this one...
Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by goldfish80(m): 10:41am On Dec 30, 2012
Just $3k to smuggle cocaine to malaysia? angry money no dey †ђξ bizness sef mtchewwww
By the way whoever advised †ђξ other fella to hide cocaine inside dudu osun soap must have a very dark mind #imho#
Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 30, 2012
any aboki in the house is free to yab
javascript:void(0);

1 Like

Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by killuminati(m): 10:58am On Dec 30, 2012
#80million:
*speechless*

ladies and Gents, despite all tge bad news around the world, i have good news for u.

AGBALUMO is finally out!
agbalumo ko, guava ni.....abeg SHIFTED

1 Like

Re: 2 Suspects Caught With Drugs At Lagos Airport by alaoeri: 11:00am On Dec 30, 2012
50/50 no cheating & no space for the tribal e-warlords. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kidnappers Abduct 5 In Kogi / Video:two Young Girls Fight Publicly Exposing Their Bodies While People Watched / Xenophobia: Nigerian Students Give South African Businesses 7 Days To Pack Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.