Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) (41648 Views)

Nigerian Arrested In India With Drugs Worth N161 Million / South-African Based Nigerian Arrested With 3.9kg Of Drug In Lagos (Photos) / Two Nigerian Anti- Narcotics Officials ‘abscond’ With Seized Drugs (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by dre11(m): 6:33am On Oct 03, 2015
Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport Lagos have arrested a South African-based Nigerian, Ayoola Adebayo, with 3.920kg of substances found to be methamphetamine.

A statement by the agency’s spokesperson, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, on Friday stated that the drug was concealed in false bottom of the two bags the suspect wanted to check-in at the departure hall of the airport.

It added that the arrest took place during the outward screening of passengers on an Ethiopian airline flight to South Africa.

NDLEA commander at the airport, Mr. Ahmadu Garba, said the case was being investigated.

The suspect, who is married with two children and holds a Higher National Diploma in Estate Management from Osun State College of Technology in 2006, said he made a mistake getting involved in drug trafficking, saying he never knew he could be caught.

He said, “I sell food and small household goods in Pretoria and I have lived in South Africa for over three years. My friend in Pretoria asked me to bring the two bags to him. He bought my return ticket and gave me N150,000.

“I thought the drug would not be detected because it was neatly concealed. This is a big mistake on my part because I have sustained my family with the grocery business. It will not happen again if I can get out of this problem.”

The Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of the Agency, Ahmadu Giade, said in anticipation of the increase in drug trafficking at the airports, seaports and land borders, the agency had taken additional measures to detect hidden drugs at all exit and entry points in the country. He added that the suspect would soon be arraigned in court.

http://www.punchng.com/feature/super-saturday-crime/ndlea-arrests-south-african-based-nigerian-with-drugs/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 03, 2015
God, but why

My friend, it has happened. There is no second chance.
You spoil the face of your country and you are saying it is a mistake.

I hope you get jailed ...ehn maybe later forgiven.

Mtchew.... After they wee be shouting xenononsense... embarassed

Please posters below, don't start the Yoruba/igbo whatever again O

Condemn the fool...if to say dem no catch am

E for don dey plan 2nd trip
embarassed

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by Magician1503(m): 6:41am On Oct 03, 2015
An opportunity is here for some folks to hack each other down with e-insults.

14 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by AlPeter: 6:48am On Oct 03, 2015
Greed is a terrible thing. He was aware of the consequence of his acts before doing it so 'I don't know' is not an excuse.

BTW make una create space I wan pass nobody should stain me with e-blood ooooo.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by pimpchi(m): 7:01am On Oct 03, 2015
ok
Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by ijustdey: 7:06am On Oct 03, 2015
just thank your star you weren't caught in Indonesia

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 03, 2015
ijustdey:
just thank your star you weren't caught in Indonesia

Or Malaysia....

By the way....anyone going to either country usually gets warned in advance.....drug trafficking is punishable by the ultimate penalty.

Here in Nigeria...it is life imprisonment

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by mmmustapha(m): 8:36am On Oct 03, 2015
Just come to confirm something but am disappointed this time, do you know why

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by jmoore(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by Burger01(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2015
angry
Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by bandely(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2015
Name Checkers Association Restaurant.
Food is Ready! Eat In and Take Away!

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by Adenugay(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2015
ok
Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by kennyman2000(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2015
Rubbish.. If its easy to say, its a mistake and get pardoned.. Many frustrated nairalanders and me sef go done carry am tey tey.. Even, if na once.

No mistake anywhere bro.. Just carry ur cross..

Wish u all the best and worst lessons the prison has in stock for u.. U know naaaw, ur experience with the prison president gonna be worst naaw..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2015
Good job boys

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by brilliant5(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2015
all dis FTC pple. una de try o
Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 03, 2015
came here to check the name grin seems the usual suspects are turning a new leaf... But all na SOUTH

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by moscobabs(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2015
Yoruba?

But this man does not look like Yoruba but otherwise

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by juliusocean(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2015
name checkers association are we good to go? grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2015
Not again...........no tribalism Abeg. What is bad is bad angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by oluwafemi113(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2015
This guy no be yoruba

Something is wrong somewhere

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2015
Finally it's not my brother this time around.

Nigerians are really disgracing us on a daily basis

23 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by femimike1(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2015
Bad
Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 03, 2015
Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by miccheck58: 8:39am On Oct 03, 2015
Hello NAME CHECKERS ASSOCIATION OF WEST AFRICA. Food don done o. Oya do the needful

30 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by Burger01(m): 8:39am On Oct 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:
Finally it's not my brother
Your brothers are on recess.smiley

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) by sigiyaya(m): 8:40am On Oct 03, 2015
Is he a YORUBA man?

25 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olabisi Onabanjo University Students Fight Over Boyfriend / Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice / Gunmen Trapped Inside Jos Prison After Attacking The Correctional Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.