Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning (1228 Views)

What's The First Thing U Reach For When U Wake Up In The Morning / In The Morning, What Nigerian Music Do You Listen To Most? / Why Do Men Always Wake Up Like This In The Morning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
Who knows why roosters crow very early in the morning just before sunrise?

There have been several theories to explain this unique behaviour: from the believe that roosters see spirits early in the morning to the notion that they are simply announcing the birth of new day. Some even say they are establishing their territory while others say they use it to attract the females.

In my experience though, I know roosters crow when hungry and this is not necessarily in the morning.

But why, really, do roosters crow very early in the morning just before sunrise?

I have a special gift for the poster with the most convincing answer.
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 9:24am On Dec 31, 2012
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
Coz-day don break grin
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
ceewai lebi: Coz-day don break grin

welcome back.....and where is my new year gift?
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
FXKing2012:

welcome back.....and where is my new year gift?
Tanks,what U want-4-new-year-?Did i get d answer grin
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
ceewai lebi: Tanks,what U want-4-new-year-?Did i get d answer grin

hahaha...howz the dust and cold in PH? Hope u are much better now?
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 04, 2013
FXKing2012:

hahaha...howz the dust and cold in PH? Hope u are much better now?
Coping much better now,i left but am back now wink
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 9:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
ceewai lebi: Coping much better now,i left but am back now wink

Glad to know u took my advice to leave PH for a while. So has work resumed cos it has over here.
Do u sleep late?
Wondering if u are on facebook...
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by Mynd44: 1:57am On Jan 05, 2013
Cos they are telling the other chickens that it is morning and they can start getting ready for the day. They also crow after it rains to tell the members of their species that the rain has stopped
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 6:16am On Jan 05, 2013
Mynd_44: Cos they are telling the other chickens that it is morning and they can start getting ready for the day. They also crow after it rains to tell the members of their species that the rain has stopped

Why tell other chickens when they all have thesame senses and thus are all aware that the rain has stopped or that itz daybreak?
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by Mynd44: 8:19am On Jan 05, 2013
FXKing2012:

Why tell other chickens when they all have thesame senses and thus are all aware that the rain has stopped or that itz daybreak?
The same reason your leaders come on TV and make annoyncements about something you already know or will find out anyway
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by k2039: 8:25am On Jan 05, 2013
It is a default programme incorporated in their design.
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 10:01am On Jan 05, 2013
k2039: It is a default programme incorporated in their design.

yes but why was it incorporated? wat purpose does it serve?
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 10:02am On Jan 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
The same reason your leaders come on TV and make annoyncements about something you already know or will find out anyway

Wrong! They tell us things we dont know; they tell us things they have prior knowledge of
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by Mynd44: 10:07am On Jan 05, 2013
FXKing2012:

Wrong! They tell us things we dont know; they tell us things they have prior knowledge of
So you don't know the inflation rate is double digit before SLS tells you? Or that the bombs going off in the north is by Boko Haram befor GEJ tells you?

Abeg same thing. If you did not know, you will figure it out anyway
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by k2039: 10:08am On Jan 05, 2013
FXKing2012:

yes but why was it incorporated? wat purpose does it serve?

[color=soyouquotedme]Sadly, I don't have the telephone number of the creator [/color]
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 10:23am On Jan 05, 2013
k2039:

[color=soyouquotedme]Sadly, I don't have the telephone number of the creator [/color]

Did u have the phone no of the Creator to know why dogs bark?
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 10:29am On Jan 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
So you don't know the inflation rate is double digit before SLS tells you? Or that the bombs going off in the north is by Boko Haram befor GEJ tells you?

Abeg same thing. If you did not know, you will figure it out anyway

If we have exactly the same information then u cant tell me anything; if u know something I dont then u can tell me something. Catch my drift?

Govt officials and politicians tell us things we dont know but they want us to know.
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by k2039: 10:46am On Jan 05, 2013
FXKing2012:

Did u have the phone no of the Creator to know why dogs bark?

[color=soyouquotedme]If that's the case, I will answer your question.

It crows to show that it's alive(a dead one doesn't crow).

Besides it doesn't crow only in the morning it does that anytime of the day.

It's just like most people yawning or peeing immediately they wake in the morning.
[/color]
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 10:52am On Jan 05, 2013
k2039:

[color=soyouquotedme]
It's just like most people yawning or peeing immediately they wake in the morning.
[/color]

Do we then say that their crowing is synonymous with our yawning?
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by k2039: 11:31am On Jan 05, 2013
FXKing2012:

Do we then say that their crowing is synonymous with our yawning?

[color=soyouquotedme]Maybe, maybe not. [/color]
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 11:50am On Jan 05, 2013
k2039:

[color=soyouquotedme]Maybe, maybe not. [/color]

....maybe not? Hmnnnnn......
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2013
FXKing2012:

Glad to know u took my advice to leave PH for a while. So has work resumed cos it has over here.
Do u sleep late?
Wondering if u are on facebook...
Yup i did and i enjoyed every bit of it.Nahhh i sleep early most times.Work has started*O how i miss the holidays*
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 11:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
ceewai lebi: Yup i did and i enjoyed every bit of it.Nahhh i sleep early most times.Work has started*O how i miss the holidays*

u miss d holidays already? Thatz funny.
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
FXKing2012:

u miss d holidays already? Thatz funny.
yup smiley
Re: Why Do Roosters Crow In The Morning by FXKing2012(m): 2:36pm On Jan 06, 2013
ceewai lebi: yup smiley
Then u must have had a blast of a holiday...hmmnnnn....

(1) (Reply)

Spanish Priest Miguel Pajares, Who Was Infected With Ebola, Has Died / Types Of Customers You Meet In Nigerian Markets / Is This The Long Awaited Superman In Nigeria?(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.