Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

What Matters Is Happiness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Matters Is Happiness (489 Views)

What Matters Most / What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" / When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Matters Is Happiness by ooman(m): 10:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
Whether you are an atheist or a worshiper of anything.

As long as you are happy with your life, that is all that matters.

Let everyone focus on their life and stop obtruding into what other people worship or does not worship.

I am an atheist and that is life to me.
Re: What Matters Is Happiness by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
I once used to think like that, infact I wish life was as simple as that, but it's not.
There are some things you just can't live in peace with, no matter how hard you try.People will always do wrong with the justification of religion, and you can't just sit back and watch that happen.

But that doesn't mean we have to be mean to them, infact that wouldn't lead to anything, I guess we should all just try to be understanding when dealing with theists, we were once in their shoes, we know how hard it is. And from there we can ask eye-opening questions that would make them think about life, bring up facts that would make them question religion, produce logical arguments that would make them reason.
Re: What Matters Is Happiness by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 31, 2012
ooman: Whether you are an atheist or a worshiper of anything.

As long as you are happy with your life, that is all that matters.

Let everyone focus on their life and stop obtruding into what other people worship or does not worship.

I am an atheist and that is life to me.

Welcome back Mr. ooman,

I had to check again to verify if the post was from you. This is really something. I couldn't have agreed with you more. Happiness is key! Everyone has the right to choose what he or she wants and each person deserves to be accepted irrespective of what he or she may believe in, not believe in or refuse to believe in.

But I am also of the view that any form of "wrong" should be fought against. I understand inurmind's position and I don't have any issues with it if indeed he speaks out of sincerity. I believe firmly that a good and sincere heart will NEVER know hell.

I am a Christian! I am a Catholic Christian! I chose this path cause I am very convinced that it is right. I, like everyone else should hold it as a sacred duty to fight any form of 'wrong' irrespective of who perpetrates this 'wrong'. I have noticed a trend on nairaland which I think is not proper. We tend to be silent when a wrong is from one we consider our own. Theists are not the only ones who do wrong. Wrong can come from anyone irrespective of our beliefs or lack of belief.

Fighting a wrong and fighting religion are two different things. I quite agree that some persons use religion to foster their selfish interest and in such cases the wrong inherrent in this should be pointed out. The truth is that Theists cannot satisfactorily prove the existence of God and Atheists cannot satisfactorily prove that he does not exist, the best we can do to prove our case is to attack the "straw man" and no more.

Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

A NOTE To "The Religious" / Why He Came / Raising Considerate Children In A Me-first World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.