Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Truth Behind The Floodgates In Malachi 3:10(to Tithe Or Not To Tithe:part6) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truth Behind The Floodgates In Malachi 3:10(to Tithe Or Not To Tithe:part6) (971 Views)

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Truth Behind The Floodgates In Malachi 3:10(to Tithe Or Not To Tithe:part6) by brilapluz(m): 5:35am On Dec 31, 2012
I often asked myself a tough question about the floodgates in Malachi 3:10, but I have refused to answer it because it seemingly made God out to be a liar! Finally one of my close friends asked me the same question - and I knew God wanted me to give an honest answer. She asked "why after tithing, tithing, and tithing, don't we ever see the flood gates open?" Immediately I heard the Holy Spirit say "sowing into a lie does not produce a blessing". The Holy Spirit impressed me that Malachi 3:10 was not a lie in and of itself, but rather some ministers use the scripture in a manipulative way to extract the tithe from the congregation. During a time of meditation later that evening, the Holy Spirit impressed me to read Galatians, and I heard the Spirit say "Jesus paid the tithe for you". The next morning I read and re-read Galatians.
In a nutshell, Galatians contrasts the differences between reliance upon the law for salvation, and reliance upon Christ. Galatians 2:16 sums up the difference saying "…a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ…". For those who place their faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, Galatians 3:25 says "we are no longer under the supervision of the law". The most important scripture in my view, is Galatians 3:19, which says "... the law ... was added ... UNTIL the Seed to whom the promise referred had come...". Galatians 3:16 says Jesus Christ is the "Seed to whom the promise referred". And so, the law applied UNTIL the time of Christ. Thereafter, the new covenant in Christ applies.

Since Christ has come, our salvation depends on faith in Him, not upon our observance of the law. Yet for whatever reason, many ministers continue to teach elements of the law, and congregations are expected to obey. The tithe is one such element of the law that is frequently taught from the pulpit. My concern for the Church is that opening the door to any element of the law could lead to reliance upon the law for righteousness sake, about which Paul writes in Galatians 3:10 "All who rely on observing the law are under a curse...". If a believer's sole reason for tithing is obedience to the law, it should come as no surprise that the floodgates never open.
In Galatians 5:18 Paul writes "If you are led by the spirit, you are not under the law". And so one must ask: "Are we led by the Spirit, except for giving which is directed by the law? "NO! Jesus paid the tithe for us because we have died to the law through Christ (Romans 7:4, Romans 8:2, Romans 10:4, Galatians 3:13). THE moment we try to make ourselves righteous by resuming the practice of any portion of the law, WE INSULT CHRIST just as if we were to say "Jesus sacrifice was not sufficient to pay for all sin."
Let me paint the picture for you that the Father painted for me regarding the tithe, or for that matter, any other law of the Old Testament. IF after Jesus died to pay the price for sin we were still required to obey any portion of the law, then Jesus did NOT in fact pay the price for ALL sin. If there were a sin that the blood of Jesus did not cover, judgement would look something like this: "Jesus forgives all of your covered sins - BUT WAIT - you are condemned to HELL because Jesus death doesn't cover your failure to obey certain applicable laws..." Preaching Jesus AND the law means either we need a 2nd sin offering to pay for what Jesus did not cover, OR, we will be condemned to HELL for failing to obey the laws not covered by Jesus blood. Suddenly our "coverage" sounds very much like an insurance policy with numerous exclusions in the fine print at the bottom! BROTHERS AND SISTERS THERE ARE NO LOOPHOLES IN THE BLOOD OF CHRIST! JESUS HAS PAID THE TITHE FOR US!
Re: Truth Behind The Floodgates In Malachi 3:10(to Tithe Or Not To Tithe:part6) by AdeniyiA(m): 7:23am On Dec 31, 2012
in summary, you don't pay tithe

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind The Floodgates In Malachi 3:10(to Tithe Or Not To Tithe:part6) by brilapluz(m): 11:23am On Dec 31, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
in summary, you don't pay tithe

OFCOURSE I DON'T,BUT THAT HAS'NT STOPPED ME FROM GIVING WITH THE RIGHT MOTIVE...BUT IN THIS CASE,I GIVE VOLUNTARILY NOT RELUCTANTLY OR UNDER A COMMAND FOR GOD LOVES A "GENEROUS GIVER"(2 CORINTHIANS 9:7)!!!
IF I KNOW THE TRUTH AND I DON'T FOLLOW IT,THEN I ONLY DECEIVE MYSELF...THEN,CHRIST DEATH WAS ACTUALLY IN VAIN......

(1) (Reply)

Is this Right For A Grandfather To Share A Bath With Grandaughter. / Why Were Christian Festivals Placed On The Dates Of Pagan Festivals? / Anglicans Explain This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.