Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland (1018 Views)

How u can avoid Nairaland beef and insults. / Why People Don't Wake Up While Inhaling Generator Fumes. / Why People 'glue' Together During Sex: Explaining The Mystery Of 'magun' Scienti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by joseph1832(m): 2:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
Owing to the caliber of intellectual discourse going on in nairaland one would believe that the site should be streaming with millions of members, I took a cursory look at the number of members here and discovered that "WE" are just under 1million.

My heart fell at this discovery but it was lifted almost immediately, because I've come to notice that unlike other social media (facebook and twitter) where all sorts of perversion and moral degradation is sporadically on the increase, where all you need do to gain followers is to post a nude pic, where prostitutes now do business, where homosexual have found solace, where if you want a sugar daddy or mummy you can easily get one etc. Nairaland is so different.

We've heard various atrocity being committed on a daily basis via facebook (Cynthia Osokogu) but we haven't heard anything of such on Nairaland, infact Facebook and twitter already have a bad reputation across the world but nairaland seems to be growing in reputation because of the caliber of its members and the level of intellectuality displayed. This is something worthy of celebrating....

To all Nairalanders, (especially those in the politics section) this is me(joseph1832) saying Happy New Year to you all! May we all use this forum to impact in ourselves and change the abysmal state of this country.

Thank you and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
Happy New Year Mr OP.Just like me,may you always CARRY first in 2013.
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by joseph1832(m): 4:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
Kamanda: Happy New Year Mr OP.Just like me,may you always CARRY first in 2013.
Thanks bro! Haapy new year to you too.
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by Tedyk(m): 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2012
IGNORANCE GBAM!!!
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by joseph1832(m): 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2012
Tedyk: IGNORANCE GBAM!!!
Kindly elucidate on your post please...
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2012
So why do people avoid nairaland?
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by Tedyk(m): 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2012
Kindly elucidate on your post please...wetin be al ds 1 na,abeg grammar wey me go hear o
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by joseph1832(m): 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
Tedyk: Kindly elucidate on your post please...wetin be al ds 1 na,abeg grammar wey me go hear o
Are you serious?
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by joseph1832(m): 7:10pm On Dec 31, 2012
lucenzo: So why do people avoid nairaland?
Figure it out for yourself, the answer is in the post!.
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by Clerverly: 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
Busy Body angry angry angry Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww
joseph1832: Owing to the caliber of intellectual discourse going on in nairaland one would believe that the site should be streaming with millions of members, I took a cursory look at the number of members here and discovered that "WE" are just under 1million.

My heart fell at this discovery but it was lifted almost immediately, because I've come to notice that unlike other social media (facebook and twitter) where all sorts of perversion and moral degradation is sporadically on the increase, where all you need do to gain followers is to post a nude pic, where prostitutes now do business, where homosexual have found solace, where if you want a sugar daddy or mummy you can easily get one etc. Nairaland is so different.

We've heard various atrocity being committed on a daily basis via facebook (Cynthia Osokogu) but we haven't heard anything of such on Nairaland, infact Facebook and twitter already have a bad reputation across the world but nairaland seems to be growing in reputation because of the caliber of its members and the level of intellectuality displayed. This is something worthy of celebrating....

To all Nairalanders, (especially those in the politics section) this is me(joseph1832) saying Happy New Year to you all! May we all use this forum to impact in ourselves and change the abysmal state of this country.

Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 31, 2012
joseph1832: Owing to the caliber of intellectual discourse going on in nairaland one would believe that the site should be streaming with millions of members, I took a cursory look at the number of members here and discovered that "WE" are just under 1million.

this one na jjc

i guess he didn't hear of platinumnk and the miscalculation
or germanig the car dealer who took money for a car and disappeared
or the numerous scammers in the it sales section

no murderers, but plenty of scammers dey

and plenty of people forming - though that is the story of the internet

1 Like

Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2012
I no even understand the topic sef.op are you also avoiding nairaland?
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by Tedyk(m): 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2012
joseph183
Are you serious?
See ode wey dey form class 4 here.U bliv ur written english is tight right?.Psst,ayam sure ur spoken english z a disaster.Ayaf laff tayad.M.U.M.U.
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
berem: I no even understand the topic sef.op are you also avoiding nairaland?
Berem..
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
oyb:

this one na jjc

who was she dragging NL boyfriend wit sef? grin
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
@op; You're right, nairaland does not promote promiscuity and all forms of immorality thus the gradual growth but nairaland will get there. Those who wanna learn are few and very much around.....
Happy new year
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by joseph1832(m): 9:01pm On Dec 31, 2012
Tedyk: joseph183
Are you serious?
See ode wey dey form class 4 here.U bliv ur written english is tight right?.Psst,ayam sure ur spoken english z a disaster.Ayaf laff tayad.M.U.M.U.
And what has my spoken English got to do with you? If you find it hard to comprehend please don't embarass yourself! And why in tha hell do you have inferiority complex?
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by joseph1832(m): 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2012
oyb:

this one na jjc

Dude if you read my post well I laid emphasy on the politics section! Of course scammers are here but they are espoused quickly. And please top calling me a "jjc" I find it offensive.
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by joseph1832(m): 9:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
nne3870: @op; You're right, nairaland does not promote promiscuity and all forms of immorality thus the gradual growth but nairaland will get there. Those who wanna learn are few and very much around.....
Happy new year
I believe so and know so, with time nairaland will become an ace social media and glad you comprehend what I've been trying to say all this while.

Happy new year!
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
@OP there is decadence and orgies aplomb in the romance section - hook-ups happening in PING fashion.. you neva see anytin yet grin grin grin
Re: Reason Why People Avoid Nairaland by joseph1832(m): 9:25pm On Dec 31, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: @OP there is decadence and orgies aplomb in the romance section - hook-ups happening in PING fashion.. you neva see anytin yet grin grin grin
That's why its called the romance section! Try writting Bleep and see if the admin won't change it etc can you find that else where? and I've only been to the romance section a couple of times won't really know what's up there!

(1) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Pastors Charged Over Gay SEX :-\ / Attn Seun: Fashion Moderator Abusive Priviledges / New Oga At The Top Rap Lyric/ Poem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.